• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just wanted to make sure that this is WAD: Stopped influencing one nation (Portugal) and was going to apply that influence to Finland. Finland is already aligning Axis, but this prevents me from influencing them? I'm assuming that this is to keep an Axis-minded US from being influenced by Germany at the same time as aligning towards them (or vice versa towards the Allies?)... but I swear that Germany has influenced me as the States while I was aligning towards their faction.

Also, the tool tip for the Influence Nation button is saying that "Finland is already being influenced by Germany of our faction. Their influence will cease on 0100 13JAN40." That's fine and dandy, if the date wasn't 2100 03JUL40...

Put a fleet alongside a combat ashore, either an amphibious assault or even just a regular battle, the surface fleet will engage targets ashore.

This is a follow-up on my previous answered question:

A question about out of supply troops:

How long do they last before they die? After waiting many many days, I couldn't stand seeing those enemy troops in the middle of my newly conquered territory so I decided to finish them up...but in general, if they're not getting air supply or anything, how long should I have waited before those units dissapeared?

30 days is what they carry, at max. But this can be lost due to logistic bombing. There might also be supply "floating" around in unoccupied provinces in the pocket which might reach the encircled troops.

Well, in reality...in my FTM 3.05 game (playing the US, this was while invading NAt. Spain), a massive stack (some 12 brigades, 4 or 5 HQs) of Spanish Units all in one province, out of supply for 45 days (did you say 30?), also, I used 8 strat bombers to do non-stop logistic bombing on them for 20 days...TO NO AVAIL!!!

But wait, there's more! :) after being 45 days without supply and their hypothetical supply depot was bombeb to pieces...THESE TROOPS STARTED TO MOVE! And reconquered some provinces!!! Ok...I will never ever trust starving supposedly out-of-supply troops again! Dammage was minimal though, as 2 or 3 days later, I finished conquering Spain and these zombies dissapeared from the map forever...

What was that, a bug? I've also seen in this same game, some out of supply troops actually disappear after only a couple of days...so I'm a bit confused...

Another funny thing in this game: ever since I've joined the allies, I can see a Belgian-UK EPF wandering hopelessly in the middle of (neutral) Vichy France...

Last edited:
Low Infra Provinces can't be captured?

A number if S Pacific Islands have provinces that can not be moved adjacent by forces in order to capture.

Is there a way to flip those over?

Thanks!

Ok, I thought of building infrastructure to a lvl that allows approach and capture.

Is there a faster way to do this?

No. Essentially, you have to port hop at that point.

No. Essentially, you have to port hop at that point.

Thank you, but even if you port hop, and take every port on Borneo, some provinces remain uncaptured.
It doesn't seem fair for the allies to have "free intel" form provines even they can't occupy.

But oh well, I'll take it that as there is nothing that can be done short of infra for questionable value.

As Germany how can I tell if Britain will attack me prewar? I usually invade China and maybe another minor in 37 or 38 or so. Sometimes Britain go to war with me right away upon the first transgression and sometimes not at all. What factors effect this?

Hi,

I have forgotten how to activate the Handsoff comand ,so that i can play hands off games to test the AI. I know how to activate the consul ,but not the rest. Can anyone please help me?

/Marine

no such command exist. simply set everything on AI control.

Thanks, so it was only on HOI2 that there was such an command then I guess?

how do i know when a new model of unit will unlock after my research? it doesn't seem very intuitive. like ive just started a game as germany, and am researching the small arms techs. when will the next model of inf unlock?

also, do i need to start new serials when i have a new unit model, or is the next unit produced automatically the new model?

what are the main practical research areas I can boost, and what units do I need to produce to make them? for example, does making ints, cas and tac all boost different prac areas?

thanks a lot guys

Last edited:
Semper Fi - 2.04d ; Air Combat

Why do some air combats against AI air forces "glitch" continuously for the entire duration of a war ?

By glitching I mean you get an Air combat pop up message evey 3 to 4 seconds;
you can NEVER "goto" when you hit the goto button, the enemy air unit NEVER loses
str OR org. Its almost as if they continuously pop into the air zone patrolled by your air
combat patrols, and zip back across the border.

The most annoying aspect of this for me personally is the pointless aggravation of an air combat message cycling up every 4 seconds for the ENTIRE duration of a war. I could toggle off all air combat messages but then air battles that I want to monitor
would never appear. Does the AI have the ability to eternally keep "flipping" an air
unit in and out of your airspace without ever being forced to enagage your air sup
and intercept forces ?

I noticed this playing as russia ( German and Japanese air units continuously glitching until the country surrenedered), and now I notice it playing as france again.

Thank you, but even if you port hop, and take every port on Borneo, some provinces remain uncaptured.
It doesn't seem fair for the allies to have "free intel" form provines even they can't occupy.

But oh well, I'll take it that as there is nothing that can be done short of infra for questionable value.

You can drop paras on low infra provinces and then have them walk onto transports with ctrl click.

how do i know when a new model of unit will unlock after my research? it doesn't seem very intuitive. like ive just started a game as germany, and am researching the small arms techs. when will the next model of inf unlock?

The model names are just for flavour or quick comparisons. You research each component seperately and your units receive them seperately.

Two questions

Started playing FTM as Italy and upon defeating Ethiopia the game made them a puppet rather than letting me annex them is the Norm now? I remember in older version you had the choice.

Second as a sort lets see what happens before I quit the game i attempted a coup in Liberia (the was only one spy and i had made no actions there) and to my surprise the coup worked is this normal or was I incredibly lucky.

thanks for any help provided