• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aha, I see. So amount of IC is what matters. What about production efficiency?

No, that tech is for improving the speed of production.

The fuel you get per day doesn't have anything to do with production. It's something the AI does by itself for you. It looks at what your industrial capacity is and makes some sweet conversions for you. For example: it converts a portion of your coal (energy) to oil and it also converts a portion of your oil stockpile to fuel.

What country are you playing with? There are only few countries that can have a lot of armoured divisions.

Germany with 75 Panzer divisions consisting of L-Arm, L-Arm, Mot and Eng. But I think most of my fuel is killed by my enormous Airforce which has about 30 Interceptor, 70 tactical bombers.

Q) I have got military access from Nat.Spain. I put troops there to attack gibraltar but they will not attack? Do I need Nat.Spain in Axis for me to attack from their land?

-400 fuel per day sounds like either :

1) a strictly temporary drain caused by moving all of your fuel-using units around and re-basing all your aircraft. In which case, the drain should drop back to normal levels soon.

or 2) you built WAY too many fuel-using units. Armor should comprise no more than 10-20% of yor force, with Mobile Infantry (MOT, MECH) perhaps another 15-25%.

You should try to adopt a sustainable build-schema... try to build the units that you can support, not attempt to support all the units that you can build.

Germany with 75 Panzer divisions consisting of L-Arm, L-Arm, Mot and Eng. But I think most of my fuel is killed by my enormous Airforce which has about 30 Interceptor, 70 tactical bombers.
You've screwed yourself. You won't be able to support that force, unless you immediately conquer the USA. Probably not even then, since you would still lack sufficient Port capacity to move the Fuel around.

Old military saying: Amateurs talk tactics. Professionals talk logistics.

Q) I have got military access from Nat.Spain. I put troops there to attack gibraltar but they will not attack? Do I need Nat.Spain in Axis for me to attack from their land?
Yes. Military Access is not sufficient. You cannot cross a neutral border in arms.

My response: holy $#!^.

My more-useful response:

Park MOST of that airforce directly in Berlin (where it won't be a drag on logistics at least), and only dispatch air groups as you need them (maybe put 1 plane in each airport you plan on using in the future so that a "supply train" is already heading there). Maybe even try and "expiditionarily lease" some of that to an ally that you know needs TAC bombers (your INT count is fine).

same with your ARM forces; even in my biggest games, I never put more than 40 ARM divisions into action at once (if I ever was forced to open a dual-front FRA and SOV as GER, then maybe...). Park 30 of them in Berlin with your airforce so that you don't end up using/moving fuel around for them, and have them handy for overseas operations (having 75 ARM divisions is useful... just not, ya know, RIGHT at the outset ;p).

also, now might be a good time to min-max your command structure to get the most out of logistical commanders (Log Wiz at all levels, and highest possible experience level at the 5*-HQ tier), even if it means sacrificing combat efficiency generals for it.

what the practical decay decrease or increase mean in minister bonuses

A Minister who gives "-25% Naval Engineering Practical Decay", for example, will slow down the rate at which your Practical in that field decays... which, in effect, means that your Ships will be quicker to build, and certain Naval Techs will be quicker to research.

How do you put units onto ships?
As italy, i am deciding to expand my empire into the minors of Haiti and Cuba, is this possible? Also, i want Corsica and Malta, but i guess ill wait until Germany beats them up a bit more (playing 1939 scen.).

I've tried clicking the troops then right clicking the ships (whilst there in a sea zone), didn't work. I checked whether there was enough transports for each unit, there was. Am i missing something?

As italy, i am deciding to expand my empire into the minors of Haiti and Cuba, is this possible? Also, i want Corsica and Malta, but i guess ill wait until Germany beats them up a bit more (playing 1939 scen.).

I've tried clicking the troops then right clicking the ships (whilst there in a sea zone), didn't work. I checked whether there was enough transports for each unit, there was. Am i missing something?

do you have transport ships?

What are the benefits and bad things about about "build as reserve" with units? Let's say in a game for Germany starting at 1936, should I build troops as reserve or regular? And why?

reserves have a smaller impact on your peacetime IC, once mobilized they are as good as normal divisions.

Yes I know that, but is it worth it to build them as reserves or should I just build them as normal troops from the start? I mean do I have to spend less IC in the long run to build every division if I take in to account that I need to spend IC to reinforce them later anyway?

Yes I know that, but is it worth it to build them as reserves or should I just build them as normal troops from the start? I mean do I have to spend less IC in the long run to build every division if I take in to account that I need to spend IC to reinforce them later anyway?

Depends on when you need the units and how tight the IC is. I prefer building serials of reserve brigades in the pre-war years (for most countries) as it frees up IC at the crucial early stage of the game, and don't forget the supply cost of all those full strength units for 1, 2, maybe 3 years. Personally, I like small IC blocks, such as reserve brigades, because I can continue to produce units when important techs become available, such as planes. Once the shackles come off, it's either war or close to it, and that's when full divisions become more prudent.

Depends on when you need the units and how tight the IC is. I prefer building serials of reserve brigades in the pre-war years (for most countries) as it frees up IC at the crucial early stage of the game, and don't forget the supply cost of all those full strength units for 1, 2, maybe 3 years. Personally, I like small IC blocks, such as reserve brigades, because I can continue to produce units when important techs become available, such as planes. Once the shackles come off, it's either war or close to it, and that's when full divisions become more prudent.

Thanks for the good response!

Last edited:
Is it possible to sign the MR-pact and still annex Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia as Germany? I want the more cores on Poland by signing the MR-pact but I also wan't the 3 minor countries to open a larger front vs Soviet in the future + the IC is always a plus.

Also, will an AI Soviet attack Germany if Germany passes a certain amount of threat? If I plan to attack Soviet mid 1941 can I just keep attacking other countries even though I will not bother about guarding the Soviet border so much?

while thats how it's done in EU 3, in the HOI series, you board the ship while it's still in port. both unit and transports (a seperate ship type in hoi) must be in the same province. then, on the unit card, above the list of brigades, thier is a button you press to load them.

image:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

see the 4th button form the right? a picture of a ship and a green arrow. that's the button you want.

also, up near the generals picture, and just below the two green supply bars, thiers a number "20" in a dotted box. that's that units weight. each transport unit can shift about 40 units of weight. trying to move too many divs at once will not happen.

How does suppression and military police work? Does 1 suppression mean -1 revolt risk? I got 16 MP's spread out in former Poland as Germany and the only decrease that has happened to some regions is 5.9% revolt risk instead of 6%. And how big is the size for suppression etc?

How does suppression and military police work?

It doesn't. It can't decrease the RR below the minimum, and it's usually at the minimum. It only seems to help with additional RR, eg: from Dissent.