• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm no expert, but the first thing you need is to raise your party's popularity. For every 10% of voters that prefer your party, you are entitled to 1 minister. I think that you increase your chances of a successful coup this way.

Thanks for your swift answer!

Indeed i mananged to seriously influence elections all over the world, getting ministers of my or a similar party in many democracies. However, that does not change their shown political system. They remain whatever they were before the elections.
In both - democracies and countries without elections - i gathered enough intel ops to fire coups. But rarely am i given to do one. The option remains being greyed out in most cases, telling me that "their party is too strong" - even if my party is the strongest one.
I also worked hard to lower their national unity which must have something to do with the chance to successfully fire a coup. But this overall had little effect. The game is late 1940. The USA don't seem to have an election at all. Despite rougly 30% support for my party (which changes a bit, sometimes my party is the strongest), all ministers are the same as at the game start.

In general i stayed peaceful, and have not even gone for the Rhineland. My threat has a maximum of 4.4 in some neighbouring countries. To most nations, JAP and ENG are the most threatening countries.

In FTM (3.06 or so), intel and influence were overtoned. As of now, they seem to have no impact on the game any more it seems to me. Is there any thread that deals with the intel / espionage / coups mechanics in TFH 4.02?

The biggest reason, why Germany (and everyone else) suffered from winter in Russia, was because they were unprepared for it. Plain and simple. Big part of it is due to overstretching you logistics lines. Germany could ship either ammo or warm clothes to the frontline - but not both.

So had I not fully prepared, I would have had a harder time beating him?

Hello.

Can you edit the save game to get certain provinces to you and other to Germany? Beacuse i t is anyoing to get 4 former Czech provinces as Poland in the Heart of German Reich:)

PS: It was awesome in HOI4 to get some peace treaty or alliance treaty to get the provinces sorted by all interested countries.

Hello.

Can you edit the save game to get certain provinces to you and other to Germany? Beacuse i t is anyoing to get 4 former Czech provinces as Poland in the Heart of German Reich:)

PS: It was awesome in HOI4 to get some peace treaty or alliance treaty to get the provinces sorted by all interested countries.

I'm not sure I understand. Which Czech provinces are you talking about? AFAIK, the only Czech provinces Poland gets during the 1st Vienna, are not seperate from Poland itself.

I play as Custom game and Poland is in Axis. I fought with Czechoslovakia but when we won i have a colony of Poland provinces in Germany:D

I see. Well, there are some cheats to transfer ownership and control of provinces, but I don't quite remember how they go. First you get the ID number of each province you want to transfer. Then you transfer first control and then ownership or vice versa of every province involved. I'm sure they're in the Wiki.
Unfortunately, the game is a little too railroaded for some of the things you were trying to do.

I see. Well, there are some cheats to transfer ownership and control of provinces, but I don't quite remember how they go. First you get the ID number of each province you want to transfer. Then you transfer first control and then ownership or vice versa of every province involved. I'm sure they're in the Wiki.
Unfortunately, the game is a little too railroaded for some of the things you were trying to do.

The command is: changeowner [PROVID] [TAG of country to receive province].

The more doctrine the better? (FYI: Using the Blackice Mod)

Is it preferable to research as many different doctrines as possible for the greatest variety of options for your commanders in combat or should you concentrate on one (or a few) battle doctrine(s) that suitthe "character" of your army??? Im just wondering if some doctrines actually work against others??? So is more always better in this case...?

The command is: changeowner [PROVID] [TAG of country to receive province].
Actually it's changeowner [TAG of country to receive province] [PROVID], at least in TFH.

The more doctrine the better? (FYI: Using the Blackice Mod)

Is it preferable to research as many different doctrines as possible for the greatest variety of options for your commanders in combat or should you concentrate on one (or a few) battle doctrine(s) that suitthe "character" of your army??? Im just wondering if some doctrines actually work against others??? So is more always better in this case...?
That's a mod specific question and thus belongs into the mod's subforum, not out here confusing people looking for help for vanilla even more. ;)

Are 1 INF + 3 ART/AT effective? I'm looking for some things strange that noone uses in the MP's, innovating for the excelence, but i don't know if this will be ok.

How much time for learning traits like PANZER LEADER? i want to teach to some leaders for the german divisions, but they don't learn nothing... =(

Thanks!

What version do you play? Up to and including FtM there was no such thing as learning traits.

1Inf/3Art will be quite weak both on defence and attack, because the Art brigades have quite low defensiveness and toughness. While inflicting good damage thanks to high soft attack, they will take a lot of casualties in turn. The same goes for AT, which is even worse than Art, and will also not be much of a help against tanks, which tend to have excellent soft attack causing your division to become quickly de-organized.

The panzer leader trait is now called battlemaster. It does virtually the same (giving another 10% CA bonus) and it can be learnt. Just put the leader in command of a division with at least 5% CA bonus and let it do a lot of fighting.

Playing as comm China I've joined the Comintern and am at war against the axis. I've nearly managed to push Japan off the mainland but they keep using Hong Kong to launch fresh invasions. I have garrisons in every other port but can't put one in either Hong Kong or the French one as it counts as being in foreign province and they go out of supply. Other than by DOW on the allies, is there a way that I can keep troops in those ports?

Okay, I'm an old HOI1 and HOI2 player finally getting into HOI3 TFH. Misterbean is my tour guide (I decided to do my learning games on FTM so I could use his excellent guide and absorb how the mechanics work now). I figure once I better understand what I'm doing with the basics, I can play TFH using it as a loose guide and adjust for the different features and stuff.

As Germany, after conquering Poland (I got the GIE), I did not have a wargoal set before war to regain core territories (Danzig, etc.). I didn't know I was supposed to. The wargoal was still available after conquering them, but setting it now doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I hosed, or is there a way to get the core territories?

When I was playing TFH, before I discovered Misterbean's guide, in two different games Japan basically waltzed through China and the Nationalists gave up. Is that normal/broken in TFH? In my FTM game, that front is proceeding rather historically, with the Nationalists' loose coalition losing ground but fighting back fairly effectively.

Okay, I'm an old HOI1 and HOI2 player finally getting into HOI3 TFH. Misterbean is my tour guide (I decided to do my learning games on FTM so I could use his excellent guide and absorb how the mechanics work now). I figure once I better understand what I'm doing with the basics, I can play TFH using it as a loose guide and adjust for the different features and stuff.

As Germany, after conquering Poland (I got the GIE), I did not have a wargoal set before war to regain core territories (Danzig, etc.). I didn't know I was supposed to. The wargoal was still available after conquering them, but setting it now doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I hosed, or is there a way to get the core territories?

When I was playing TFH, before I discovered Misterbean's guide, in two different games Japan basically waltzed through China and the Nationalists gave up. Is that normal/broken in TFH? In my FTM game, that front is proceeding rather historically, with the Nationalists' loose coalition losing ground but fighting back fairly effectively.

I take it Poland is a GiE now (Poland is stripey)? I don't know if it will make a difference now. I don't trust the wargoal system, especially in FTM 3.05. Very buggy, and not the kind of thing you want for a learning experience.

As for the Sino-Japanese war and the Pacific, that has always been tough to balance. So the fast surrender of the coastline in TFH is normal. It's been too long since I've played FTM, but I seem to recall China hanging on longer.

I take it Poland is a GiE now (Poland is stripey)? I don't know if it will make a difference now. I don't trust the wargoal system, especially in FTM 3.05. Very buggy, and not the kind of thing you want for a learning experience.

Yes, it is now stripey. I may be out of luck for this game, but it's the next one I'm thinking of. Perhaps I omitted something, like setting the wargoal prior to Danzig or War, that I must make sure I do next time.

Am I hosed, or is there a way to get the core territories?
Apart from the doubled supply throughput (which is not that important in western Poland anyways) there's no gameplay difference from merely controlling cores.
To alter the current state, you're required to beat any and all majors in the allies.

in two different games Japan basically waltzed through China and the Nationalists gave up. Is that normal/broken in TFH? In my FTM game, that front is proceeding rather historically, with the Nationalists' loose coalition losing ground but fighting back fairly effectively.
Playing TFH, in most of my games Japan just steamrolls them, annexing Shanxi and ComChi in a few months and then taking the coast in short order.

But in my current game things went completely wacky; 2 months after Marco Polo, Shanxi and NatChi had pushed into Manchukuo while Japan only gained ground around Shanghai. Japan did take Nanjing and Beiping but then stalled (they tried going down the coast from Beiping and then got cut off and annihilated before reaching the next port); 6 months into the war and Shanxi still controls most of Japan's territory in the north and one province of Manchukuo.

Apart from the doubled supply throughput (which is not that important in western Poland anyways) there's no gameplay difference from merely controlling cores.
To alter the current state, you're required to beat any and all majors in the allies.

Thanks. I think I'll take those one by one, so I might be at it a while. :)