• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would the AI keep at least some of the decisions I make for Japan such as fleet groupings, fleet leaders, army unit leaders, tech research decisions? I would switch control between Japan and Germany frequently every month maybe. Would that be better than no attempt to control German allies as the the AI is horrible?

1. The associated "costs" is simply the money fee you have to pay for changing your laws. So build up some cash, and as long as you have the proper neutrality and unity + the cash you'll be good to go.

2. As far as fleets, as long as you don't give the AI the power to reorganize units, it wont (the button to the right of the AI control button on the opposite side, if checked "on" will allow the AI to rearrange things to its liking).

Last edited:
steve, the short answer to all your problems is to simply host a LAN game, and use two separate clients launched via the directory launcher to join the game as two countries.

I have done this for up to 3 clients at once when I want to test a scenario that requires human buildup for two nations (eg GER vs SOV) to check the relative balance of power.

im currently on the verge of forcing bulgaria to surrencer as the SU. they also have greece occupied. if i force them to surrender now, i'll get greece as an puppet.

i don't want them as a puppet. i want to conquer all of europe without the use of any puppets. is there a way i can avoid this happening? same goes for future conquests - i dont want a massive french puppet or danish puppet once i beat the germans.

greece is part of the allies though, so declaring on greece would mean war with pretty much the rest of the globe.

i oculd probaly handle that at this point(japan is going strong against australia and a lot of going back and forth over wake and midway island) but would put me in some really awkward positions on other fronts. i'd also suddenly have to deal with huge navies.

isnt there a way to normally igve it back to allied greece so can declare on my own terms?

What are the steps I need to find and use the directory launcher to create 2 separate clients to join a LAN game on my same computer so that I can control Germany and Japan in the same game?
What is the meta server option for?

Last edited:
What are the steps I need to find and use the directory launcher to create 2 separate clients to join a LAN game on my same computer so that I can control Germany and Japan in the same game?
What is the meta server option for?

Go to your directory that you installed HOI3 in (in steam/steamapps/common/heart of iron 3) launch the launcher like you normally do, with or without mods, but this time do it again.

I also recommend that you simply run in windowed mode for easy switching.

Then, go to the multiplayer menu, and launch a LAN game.

On the second client, change the default name, and click find game in the multiplayer menu. When your game "My Game" appears, join it, and proceed as if you're the normal host of the game in client 1.

Hey guys, I just reinstalled hoi3 and its expansions but I havent played for a few years but from what I remember there was some good ai fixes that helped beef up the ussr and usa build que etc to make sure there was some proper allied landings in europe and what not. Any recomendations?

I normaly play as a grey painting Germany vs all and do some heavy trading and IC builds prevar, are they still viable?

Idk exactly what fixes are there that focus mostly on the production AI, and if any of them specifically focus on increasing likelyhood and inesity of Allied landings, but TRP is often mentioned when talk is about improved ai behaviour. You'd find that in the mod section.

The IC build for Germany is still worth it if you stockpile properly and you build the IC mostly in 36/37, yes. In TFH 4.02, this is.

Ok, got the 2 games up and running on 2 separate monitors, is there someway to stop the scrolling when I move the cursor from 1 game to the other ( I thought about opening the production window before mousing over but that seems kinda clunky)

Hello,
i don't understand some mechanics of convoy, example :

As England :
Bombay - Liverpool i can build a convoy of 17 ships
Calcutta - Liverpool i can build a convoy of 20 ships

Bombay naval base level 10
Calcutta naval base level 4

Why?

Thanks

I sent divisions into my ally's country to help defend it, but my ally can't supply them. Now I have nearly 2 dozen divisions stuck in my ally's country and unable to attack.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!
but also the level of naval base is taken into consideration?
No.
I sent divisions into my ally's country to help defend it, but my ally can't supply them. Now I have nearly 2 dozen divisions stuck in my ally's country and unable to attack.
Is there any fix for this?
Strat redeploy them back to your own territory.