+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 350 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions - Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does the 'Reserve' order for air units actually work? If so, how do you use it?

Sergeant
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron III

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States, 105479049486624, Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Semper Fi - starting as Japan 1941 - trying to command Strike Force to sortie against Honolulu -- but when I right-click on Honolulu and the command dialogue comes up -- all the options (sortie, etc.) are grayed out.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by wfzimmerman View Post
    Semper Fi - starting as Japan 1941 - trying to command Strike Force to sortie against Honolulu -- but when I right-click on Honolulu and the command dialogue comes up -- all the options (sortie, etc.) are grayed out.
    are you out of range?

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by wfzimmerman View Post
    You should be able to assign the mission to the CAGs themselves, either one at a time, or hit the CAG button to select all the CAGs at once.

Does a division gain bonus if an engineer is detached from it, but attacks the same province ?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by belamoor View Post
    Does a division gain bonus if an engineer is detached from it, but attacks the same province ?
    No - The Attack & Defend modifiers of a division are the average of the statistics of the all the brigades in that division only. Here's a rough example: Let's pretend for this sake that 1 ARM brigade has a 50% penalty for river crossing, and a ENG brigade has 0% river crossing penalty. So, if a 2 ARM brigade division attacks across a river, it would suffer a 50% river crossing penalty. However, if a 2 ARM/1 ENG division attacked across the same river, it would only suffer a 33.3% river crossing penalty.
    The same sort math applies across the board.

Edit: At least that is my understanding of it - I am by no means an experienced HoI player. Please, correct me if I have misspoken.
    Last edited by Admiral666; 03-08-2011 at 08:26.

FTM: Playing as Italy, can I expect to keep what I take in France or will the Vichy event create historical borders regardless of what happens? I seem to remember reading that there was a problem, but I can't remember if it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspar42 View Post
    Does the 'Reserve' order for air units actually work? If so, how do you use it?
    Somebody answer this man, because I have the same question. Thanks!

FTM: Does sending Expeditionary forces gain you any advatages? Like Land/Air combat experience (to speed up some doctrine research early in the game) or the unit gains experience?

That would be correct in my experience.

Speaking of engineers crossing a river, I've always thought it buggy funny that two units attacking a third unit sat on a river hex, from both sides, at the same time, get the River crossing penalty :

A -> C <- B

Attackers : A, B
    Defenders : C

A&B both get the river crossing penalty.

C must be fighting inside the river, underwater, that's IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral666 View Post
    No - The Attack & Defend modifiers of a division are the average of the statistics of the all the brigades in that division only. Here's a rough example: Let's pretend for this sake that 1 ARM brigade has a 50% penalty for river crossing, and a ENG brigade has 0% river crossing penalty. So, if a 2 ARM brigade division attacks across a river, it would suffer a 50% river crossing penalty. However, if a 2 ARM/1 ENG division attacked across the same river, it would only suffer a 33.3% river crossing penalty.
    The same sort math applies across the board.

Edit: At least that is my understanding of it - I am by no means an experienced HoI player. Please, correct me if I have misspoken.
    Last edited by Karmapowered; 03-08-2011 at 15:46.

Few quick questions:
    1. Are there still problems with espionage (allies actions against your country) and all year long rains over the oceans (i would like to play Japan)?
    2. With HoI3 patch/extras configurations (without mods) is best for Japan? Germany?
    3. Are there any Japan specific mods??

1/ I admit to have seen the same sometimes. Whether bug or not, my advice would be to get rid of all the spies in your country at the beginning of the game, irregardless of owner. Spike your Counter-intelligence efforts for about a month or two, till you consistently get 0 spies caught. After this point, I never noticed allied countries with hostile actions in the country I was playing.

About the rain, I don't know how it was before. Weather seems cyclical in the latest version, even for Japan.

2/ For Germany, I can recommend DIG. For Japan, vanilla is a pretty decent challenge enough. I have yet to try HPP or DIG starting as that country.

3/ I don't know of any specific ones, I wish there were

HPP and ICE improve the historical context, unit and their characteristics, OOB, etc. on a lot of countries. Why not give them a try ?

Quote Originally Posted by Modes View Post
    Few quick questions:
    1. Are there still problems with espionage (allies actions against your country) and all year long rains over the oceans (i would like to play Japan)?
    2. With HoI3 patch/extras configurations (without mods) is best for Japan? Germany?

Minister traits:

What does exactly "threat impact" do?
    I can't understand at all.

And "Susceptibility to Comintern/Allies/Axis" mean something only for faction leaders? Or neutral country can assign this guy for quick jump in faction?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Lexar_kg View Post
    Minister traits:

What does exactly "threat impact" do?
    I can't understand at all.

And "Susceptibility to Comintern/Allies/Axis" mean something only for faction leaders? Or neutral country can assign this guy for quick jump in faction?
    My quess would be that HoG "naive Optimist" with threat impact -10% means underestimating threat from foreign nations, while Foreign minister Iron-Fisted Brute with threat impact +5% exaggerates threat.

Susceptibility to Comintern/Allies/Axis means that using the minister in question increases your nations drift toward that faction, making it easier to join them.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi500k club

Can land units move, attack or retreat to provinces with only 10% infrastructure? Playing SF 2.04f.

Is rebasing of air units realistic? As an example I rebased a squadron of Wildcats from Naha, just south of Japan, to Dover, England and it took 13 hours over 10000 km mostly foreign terrain. This implies an average speed of 770 km/h continuous flying. A sensational world record for the time, 1943? Since there isn't a continuous series of airfields within the range of the fighter, I believe the rebasing would take several weeks? Sorry if this has been discussed elesewhere.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Modes View Post
    Few quick questions:
    just be aware that allies carrying out counterespionage in your country is very helpful dont mistake it for a hostile act they only kill your enemies spies

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Sune View Post
    Is rebasing of air units realistic? As an example I rebased a squadron of Wildcats from Naha, just south of Japan, to Dover, England and it took 13 hours over 10000 km mostly foreign terrain. This implies an average speed of 770 km/h continuous flying. A sensational world record for the time, 1943? Since there isn't a continuous series of airfields within the range of the fighter, I believe the rebasing would take several weeks? Sorry if this has been discussed elesewhere.
    This is something the Devs have done to simplify management of aircraft (for human and AI). IT was the same way in HOI2.

Has anyone done the Southern Conquest Battle Scenario? Japan doesn't seem to be doing anything when I play it.

I attached a division of paratroopers to a Corp Para HQ so I could take along the HQ doing a paradrop, but it will not let the HQ have the option to board the plane. If this is indeed the case, if a do my paradrop behind enemy lines with no HQ, my troopers will me out of range of their Corp HQ. Can the HQ go with the Paratroopers ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 350 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast