• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do 3 Infantery cost way more IC when built as a division in contrast to building them as Brigade Attachments?

I would assume that it's because you're building 3 brigades at one time instead of 1, hence, 3 times the cost.

The crashing issue doesn't acutely affect me. I've followed some of the suggestions found in the tech support forum and haven't crashed since.

My point was that the game does have a crashing problem and that some people not being affected by it, or some of those who are apparently not "RTFM", doesn't explain it away. From what I've read, and to a lesser extent experienced myself, few games have been as fussy as this in recent memory.

This game eats computers for breakfast. Anyone using a computer that's at the bottom end of the required specs list is begging for trouble. As mentioned earlier, a majority of people have no issues.

What is the best mod to replace the-game-that-shall-not-be-named? Or, what is a realistic modern day mod simulating the UN, NATO and standing alliances. I really think a modern day scenario has unlimited potential because of the awesome interactions between UN, NATO and conflicts.

even winning it?
Without modding, you'll run out of time before that happens.

Has anyone successfully played Götterdämmerung and changed the tide of battle
Actually quite easy. AI is still plain stupid in '44 and neither anticipates nor breaks encirclements. The Normandy landings are a joke, cause the start OOS with no realistic way to get supplies (as a human Yank/Brit I'd pull them back to transports, AI never does that) and the the Eastern front is still prone to large scale encirclements only you can pull off.

What is the best mod to replace the-game-that-shall-not-be-named? Or, what is a realistic modern day mod simulating the UN, NATO and standing alliances. I really think a modern day scenario has unlimited potential because of the awesome interactions between UN, NATO and conflicts.

I can recommend Yet Another Modern Day Mod, found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?654537-MOD-Yet-Another-Modern-Day-Mod-(YAMDaM)

The diplomacy bit is still WIP but the game can be played as-is.

Can you accumulate more than 99999 of any resource? Does it show anywhere in game how much you really have?
If resources are shipped from overseas, if you turn off the resource convoys, they will accumulate at the port of convoy origin, and create another stockpile, non-viewable by the player. Turning on the convoy, will ship all the stockpile in one day.

Playing a Sweden game where i conquered Norway and joined up with the allies, It's early '43 I've just puppeted Finland, couple of questions.

How can i get allies to send troops without making them expeditionary forces, i'm out of manpower, also it's affecting my NU.
Will the SU and Germans be going to war soon, 'cause right now they're just sitting and staring at each other will Germany throws more manpower into Malmo.

Playing a Sweden game where i conquered Norway and joined up with the allies, It's early '43 I've just puppeted Finland, couple of questions.

How can i get allies to send troops without making them expeditionary forces, i'm out of manpower, also it's affecting my NU.
Will the SU and Germans be going to war soon, 'cause right now they're just sitting and staring at each other will Germany throws more manpower into Malmo.

Expeditionary troops draw from the MP pool of the nation they were made in, so don't worry about that. Your NU should only be going up because allied units are fighting on your soil - if it goes down, it's simply because there is combat on your soil, not because of your allies.

Germany will usually declare war on the SU way before '43, unless it has a major front to tend to. It probably sees Malmo as a major front... which means you have to wait for the SU to declare war on Germany. That usually happens in '43-'44.

Two part question...best way to read manuals/play tutorials.....Should I do one before the other?

Once I start a real game a suggested country to learn everything besides war fighting(leaning torwards Sweden or Brazil)

Cheers,
Willy C.

best way to read manuals/play tutorials.....Should I do one before the other?
Tutorials, forget about them. If you know how to start the game w/o help by your grandchild, they don't tell you new stuff.
Manuals, you can read them, they contain many helpful things, but (mostly induced by expansions changing mechanics) also tons of wrong/outdated stuff. Personally I wouldn't consider them something you have to read to get somewhat decent.

besides war fighting
This game is about war fighting.

Once I start a real game a suggested country to learn
Popular suggestions are:
Germany (easy early wars, decent position afterwards, quite fault-tolerant), USA (virtually uninvadable, naval mechanics are way less fault-tolerant), Brazil/Argentinia/Canada (Allies game, medium sized country with some action).
If you're really frustration tolerant (able to accept a dozen game over screens in a row), go for France or Japan.

It probably sees Malmo as a major front...
If Germany controls Copenhagen and Malmö's controller is able to dow them, they view this as major front, mostly due to Malmö being fortified (crazy AI-logic).

Two part question...best way to read manuals/play tutorials.....Should I do one before the other?

Once I start a real game a suggested country to learn everything besides war fighting(leaning torwards Sweden or Brazil)

Cheers,
Willy C.

The tutorial material provided by the game is nigh useless. Try reading this very helpful tutorial AAR instead; it's made for the FTM expansion but most of it is still valid:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?577185-Germany-Tutorial-Take-2.

Sweden or Brazil will do fine as countries to start off with. Try to start off with a medium power like those, where you actually have something to do but aren't overwhelmed like with Germany or the USA. Make sure to declare war on someone eventually though; the game is no fun without war.

Personally, my first games were The Netherlands - USA - Japan - USA rerun. That worked pretty well for me.