• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do i get rid of the disorganized officer corps as USSR in FTM?

The disorganized corps is a result of the "Great Purge" event - and as originally written, it will last to the end of the game.

Solution 1:

Edit the file HOI3\Decisions\Soviet.text

###########################
# The Great Officer Purge #
###########################
diplomatic_decisions = {
great_officer_purge = {
potential = {
tag = SOV
not = { has_country_flag = the_great_officer_purge }
}
allow = {
minister_alive = 4002 # Iosif Stalin
year = 1937
}
effect = {
set_country_flag = the_great_officer_purge
national_unity = 45
manpower = 1000
dissent = 0.01
# add_country_modifier = {
# name = "disorganized_officer_corps"
# duration = -1
# }

And edit OUT the "disorganized effect". Edit it out by entering a "pound sign" (#) at the beginning
of each line as shown in the example.

If you have allready executed the "Great Purge" (and it sounds like you have) you must either reload
a saved game prior to the great purge, or start a new game.

Solution 2: How to "recover" the 15% leadership loss

Edit the HOI3\Technologies\_Industry Technologies.txt File

locate the paragraph for each of the following sections and ADD the following two lines (insert)

leadership_gain = 0.005
research_efficiency = 0.005

this will give you a half percent increase to BOTH leadership and research efficiency per level; research any
single of these techs to level 6 and gain a 3% jump ; research any FIVE of these techs to level 6 and gain
a net 15% percent increase.

oil_to_coal_conversion = {

supply_production = {

electronic_mechanical_egineering = {

nuclear_research = {

oil_refinning = {

steel_production = {

raremetal_refinning_techniques = {

coal_processing_technologies = {

supply_transportation = {

supply_organisation = {

*Note of caution:
these will ALSO be researched by the A.I. to some extent (maybe not to level 6) - so the AI will gain
the same bonuses
-if you take this approach.

A workable alternative to this approach is to alternately edit the file HOI3\Technologies\Theories.txt

research in these fields shortens your research in all the main branches and shortens your IC cost\build time in every practical
application of the main branches:

add these two lines

leadership_gain = 0.005
research_efficiency = 0.005

to every section in the theories.txt file -

naval_engineering_research = {

submarine_engineering_research = {

aeronautic_engineering_research = {

rocket_science_research = {

chemical_engineering_research = {

nuclear_physics_research = {

jetengine_research = {

mechanicalengineering_research = {

automotive_research = {

electornicegineering_research = {

artillery_research = {

mobile_research = {

militia_research = {

infantry_research = {

As far as I know, the A.I. is not weighted to research anything in the theoretical fields so only you will gain from this implementation.

Last edited:
Ship Upgrades

I have Semper Fi version. Whatever the most recent complete patch is.

----

Do ships upgrde in this version? Or any parts of ships?

----
(If they don't upgrade)
When is the right time to disband old ships?

TYVM

also whats the "sorties" for aircraft and naval orders? I thought sorties was just a broader term for missions?

it does what is stated in the tooltip (IIRC sortie is just for naval units) The fleet "sorties" to the specified naval province and if it does't find an enemy it returns to port.
Quite handy if you want to scare off an enemy or engage an ongoing fight but dont want to waste fuel for a "patrol" order (call it a "one time" mission if you will)

Last edited:
Can I create/assign a theater to allied provinces?
Or can I force move automated units to a province?

I am playing republican Spain, declared war on Vichy and joined the Allies in late 1942, while Germany was busy fighting for Moscov.
I have liberated france, but stopped my advance at the Maginot line because I don't want to overextend myself.

As holding the frontline and waiting for the other allies to land some troops to conquer Germany is quite boring I created 2 army groups, a nothern one with 2 armies to hold the Maginot line (the UK has troops in the low lands defending the remaining border) and a southern one to hold the french - italian border.
Both Groups are assigned to the Madrid Theater HQ, which I moved to Vichy.
Both are set to defensive stance and doing a quite good job, causing more casulties then losses and even advancing a little bit into enemy territory.

The only problem is that both army group headquarters are sitting near barcelona, outside of communication range to thier assigned armies and they both refuse to move inside france. (they even redeploy out of france if I disable automatization and move them back into range to thier assigned armies)
I have tried assigning all of france to the Madrid Theater HQ, hoping that that would help, but it seems that I can only add provinces which I control.

Which brings me back to my original question: can I somehow force the HQ units to move inside france so that communications to thier armies are restored? Or is there a trick which would allow me to add the french-german and french-italian border to my european theater?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did look, but couldn’t find any mention of it.

Playing as Germany in FTM. Noticed something odd about the Defence, Destiny & Blitzkrieg decisions.

The Defence decision requires that it be at least 1943. The explanation label says Germany gets the benefits of this decision until 0:00 on 28 October 36.

The same benefit time limit is stated for the Blitzkrieg Decision. While I am all for aggression, invading Poland by October 36 is expecting a bit much of me. I don’t like to be rushed!

The Destiny Decision appears to be even less generous. To get the benefits of this, you would have to be at war with the Sovs and you only get it till 31 May 36!

Is this a bug or just a labeling error? If it is a bug, I have no plans to start chewing the carpet Grofaz style or anything – just curious and I dare say it'll be fixed soon! If it’s a labeling error though, I’m going to show it to my mate and watch him froth at the mouth. He’s a total Grammar Nazi!

Its not a bug the tooltip just states the duration of the effect if you would enforce it NOW . if you let a week pass in game you will see the effect went on to another week too

In the OOB who do you guys put above your Garrisons divisions , MP's, and Militia?

Right now I've been just attaching my Garrisons Divisions to the XXXXXX in their theater. I figure if enough are clumped together I might make a XXXX for them, and attach it to the XXXXXX.

(I forgot the XXX's names.)

What does it take to send a call to arms as the Comintern?

I invaded and puppeted Romania and Bulgaria as the Soviets and now I want them to help me fight the Germans, but the option is grayed out