• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any message setting that gives you a message when an air unit stops its current orders? I regularly have gaps in my INT cover as units seemingly randomly decide to stop their continuous intercept order.

I've assigned popup-and-pauze to air battles starting and stopping, but I still miss these things.

1) Does the number of spies in a country make a difference in the information you get from the enemy provinces and units (what IC, how and what type of brigades, etc.)?

2) When being in an alliance with two other countries a war breaks out, I get resources traded away, although I don't have such a deals myself. Does this mean the resource pool becomes united? Is it a bug or a game feature? Plus, can it be turned off by modding the text files?

I'm not even certain that one Light Armor unit is enough for the MOT X 2, much less with the Engineers. It'll be close.

LARM + 2xMOT will get combined arms if you research enough Light Tank Armour, as each level decreases the softness of MOT by 1%. IIRC you need the 1940 level tech.

Is there any message setting that gives you a message when an air unit stops its current orders? I regularly have gaps in my INT cover as units seemingly randomly decide to stop their continuous intercept order.

I've assigned popup-and-pauze to air battles starting and stopping, but I still miss these things.

Not sure about other sort of missions but then your bombing missions end you can recieve a pop up. Go to message settings, combat tab and select it from 'when one of our bombing attacks ends'.

as far as i know, you only share your "theory" values (which makes it eaiser to reshearch the subject in question, for example "infantry", "armour" "Light Aricraft". a high theory can cut somthing like a 1/3 off the Research time.)
I was aware of this (sorry if I didn't make myself clearly), but I wanted to know how often (if any) I can expect such help from my dearest AI allies/puppets.

I regularly have gaps in my INT cover as units seemingly randomly decide to stop their continuous intercept order.

From what I understand this is caused by a bug, if the interceptors get out of their range following another unit it resets the mission to none, ->VERY<- frustrating, hope it gets fixed some day.
Using smaller intercept area's should help a bit. I'm not sure if AS has the same problems, but airplanes doing AS missions don't cost more fuel or extra supplies anyway, so you might as well go for it.

Playing as Nationalist Spain, there are only a few good generals so I want to maximize my setup.

How should I distribute my generals?
Should I put my highest skill general in charge of the theater HQ, 2nd highest skill general in charge of my army group, etc.?
Does the generals skill apply to HQ units or do the attached divisions only inherit the traits of the HQ generals?
Should I assign a HQ structure to my naval and air units?
If I do assign a HQ structure to my naval and air units do I need to worry about the ships/planes being too far from the commanding HQ?

Thanks.

From what I understand this is caused by a bug, if the interceptors get out of their range following another unit it resets the mission to none, ->VERY<- frustrating, hope it gets fixed some day.
Using smaller intercept area's should help a bit. I'm not sure if AS has the same problems, but airplanes doing AS missions don't cost more fuel or extra supplies anyway, so you might as well go for it.

But they do run out of organization much faster, grounding them anyway. I'll experiment with the range, but I think the problem has multiple causes, including being OOS for a little while. I just found an air wing which couldn't get any fuel, based in Stuttgart of all places!

Playing as Nationalist Spain, there are only a few good generals so I want to maximize my setup.

How should I distribute my generals?
Should I put my highest skill general in charge of the theater HQ, 2nd highest skill general in charge of my army group, etc.?
Does the generals skill apply to HQ units or do the attached divisions only inherit the traits of the HQ generals?
Should I assign a HQ structure to my naval and air units?
If I do assign a HQ structure to my naval and air units do I need to worry about the ships/planes being too far from the commanding HQ?

Thanks.

Hi, pharring. I believe this sort of thing is in the FAQs and manuals, but for a quick recap, the Skill Level (5 best, 1 worst) is applied to different things at different command levels, while the traits are watered down (albeit over more units) the higher up the chain one goes... I am repeating an excellent summary I found from one of the veteran players, below:

A Division Commander (*) uses both his Skill and his Traits at full effect to improve his Division's combat efficiency.

A Corps Commander (**) uses his Skill (at full effect) to improve the efficiency of rotation of damaged units out of battle, replacing them with reserves; he passes ONE-HALF of his Trait bonus down to his Divisions.

An Army Commander (***) uses his Skill (at full effect) to improve the organization of all units under his command; he passes ONE-QUARTER of his Trait bonus down to his subordinate Divisions.

An Army Group Commander (****) uses his Skill (at full effect) to reduce the supply consumption of all units under his command; he passes ONE-EIGHTH of his Trait bonus down to his subordinate Divisions.

A Theatre Commander (also ****) uses his Skill (at full effect) to reduce the Unit Cooperation (stacking) penalty for all units under his command; he passes ONE-SIXTEENTH of his Trait bonus down to his subordinate Divisions.

This assumes that the subordinate units are WITHIN COMMAND RANGE of the HQ. ;)

Great idea to start this thread - I feel guilty about using whole new posts ask quick questions.

Anyone know if theres a way to make a permanent multiplayer name, or create a 'profile'? I'm tired of seeing my name pop up as 'player' every time I go to singleplayer games, even if its no biggie. I haven't actually played an mp game yet, but when I go to the mp screen and enter a name, it seems to dissappear as soon as I leave - thanks.

My latest game is using the new patch 2.04d as Germany. I started the 1936 scenario and have been building up to be ready for war. It's mid-1939 now and I've noticed that my officer ratio seems to be fixed at 140%. Have they put a hard cap on that now or what? I looked through the notes on the last patch changes and didn't see that, but it's highly possible I missed it. Thanks :)

My latest game is using the new patch 2.04d as Germany. I started the 1936 scenario and have been building up to be ready for war. It's mid-1939 now and I've noticed that my officer ratio seems to be fixed at 140%. Have they put a hard cap on that now or what? I looked through the notes on the last patch changes and didn't see that, but it's highly possible I missed it. Thanks :)

yes, 140% is the maximum now and it should be in the change log (it was for the beta patches).

note that the ratio and its bonuses are capped at 140%, but the number of officers is not. you can still keep training new officers, as a "buffer" agianst future expansion.

Ground Attack Technology is under the CAS section of the air doctrine tree. It only says ground attack effieciency will be increased by 15%. So does this mean all planes including Tactical bombers or just CAS planes. Im interested because I don't have any CAS but have Tactical bombers. I can't afford to waste tech on it if it doesn't help my Tac's.

I tacked this onto the end of an earlier thread I made for a different purpose, so I'll ask it here as people might not even be looking at that thread anymore after the initial round of questions were answered.

As Hungary, when I joined the Axis, suddenly all of my units are supplied from Berlin instead of in my own borders, and I'm giving away HUGE amounts of materials, to the point that my oil/supplies/fuel are all 0 or almost 0... How do I fix that??

I tacked this onto the end of an earlier thread I made for a different purpose, so I'll ask it here as people might not even be looking at that thread anymore after the initial round of questions were answered.

As Hungary, when I joined the Axis, suddenly all of my units are supplied from Berlin instead of in my own borders, and I'm giving away HUGE amounts of materials, to the point that my oil/supplies/fuel are all 0 or almost 0... How do I fix that??

you cant it is a bug. as far as i know it helps when you don't join the axis to early and wait until the anschluss is done but i am not sure.

I'll try joining post-Anschluss. Also, once I started moving my troops around a bit and reorganizing them, the supply source changed back to Budapest on its own.. But hopefully joining before the Anschluss will avoid the problem entirely so I don't have to forfeit all my resources.

I'll try joining post-Anschluss. Also, once I started moving my troops around a bit and reorganizing them, the supply source changed back to Budapest on its own.. But hopefully joining before the Anschluss will avoid the problem entirely so I don't have to forfeit all my resources.

no, do not join before the anschluss.