• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Small groups (2-3) are preferable to avoid getting caught by enemy ASW-forces. I dont know, wether, if there are no enemy ASW-forces, big packs yield better results...

I'm playing first time Guangxi and it is July 1937.
My goal for my really not small army was to become a regional power and now Japan is in war with my allied national China. Off course they called me to arms but I am not sure what to do. Shall I wait what will happen in that war before I am entering or I wont have any chance for holding my country if I am not helping immeatetly my allies?

PLEASE HELP. Started getting into HOI3 after the upgrade last month. I've been playing Germany in the Barbarosa game. AI all control except the war. Can I get control of the milatary of my allies? How?

Unfortunately not; you can set allied objectives (click on a province, click the arrow in the bottom left), but they don't have to listen to you. If you set them in your own territory, sometimes you'll get expeditionary forces.

Two little questions:

1.) If I have expeditionary forces of some allies, are the causulties replaced from my own man or my allies manpower?

2.) In some cases I think it does not make sense to have a complete OOB. If provinces are pretty big most of the time when I let the AI manage my army 50% of the units are outside of the radio range. Is it better to leave the corps HQ out in this case? And make more armies with the maximum number of divisions instead of the typical 1 corps 3 divisions setup?

2.) In some cases I think it does not make sense to have a complete OOB. If provinces are pretty big most of the time when I let the AI manage my army 50% of the units are outside of the radio range. Is it better to leave the corps HQ out in this case? And make more armies with the maximum number of divisions instead of the typical 1 corps 3 divisions setup?
When you have a large area to cover with few units it makes sense to either »loosen« your order of battle, i.e. mor HQs per division, or scale away HQ steps. In the latter case, I would skip the corps first.

When I latest played, my front-line corps had 4 divisions and an army was made up of three such corps for a total of 12 divisions per army. I find that a pretty good balance, but others have other preferences.

Hello!

Does anyone know a way to change the default unit name (from 1st, 2nd Mot Brigade to Grenadier-Regiment 1, 2 or 1st Mtn Brigade to Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 1) ? So you don't have to edit every single brigade/regiment or abteilung when it comes off the production line.

I have Hearts of Iron 3 + Semper Fi (with patch 2.04F) + Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung, but I want to know if I can do this in Hearts of Iron 3 + Semper Fi (with patch 2.04D) + DiDay's I.C.E. 3.3.3.

Hi, I have 2 separate single one unit air wings of interceptors. I want to combine them into a single unit of 2 divisions. The manual states use the merge button to do this.
Where is it. I have looked everywhere and can not find it. Please help. It does not show up on either of the fighter wings unit interfaces. But the manual states that is where it is supposed to be. Confused.

I need to add the air units are at the same base not on any missions not assigned to AI and the r command does not work either. What do I have to do in order to merge them or is it impossible?

Last edited:
Does anyone know a way to change the default unit name (from 1st, 2nd Mot Brigade to Grenadier-Regiment 1, 2 or 1st Mtn Brigade to Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 1) ? So you don't have to edit every single brigade/regiment or abteilung when it comes off the production line.
I believe the file you are looking for are called units.cvs (you can try searching for it, there should be a specific one for each mod/DLC). However, note that while you can achieve what you want, there are drawbacks. The statistics screen for brigades becomes pretty much unreadable.

Hi, I have 2 separate single one unit air wings of interceptors. I want to combine them into a single unit of 2 divisions. The manual states use the merge button to do this.
Where is it. I have looked everywhere and can not find it. Please help. It does not show up on either of the fighter wings unit interfaces. But the manual states that is where it is supposed to be. Confused.
It should be pretty easy. As you have said, both units need to based in the same province, not under AI command and without any missions. You then drag a box over the air force icon to mark all air units in that province. It is very similar to how you mark multipe land units and exactly the same to how you mark fleets. In the interface you get, there should be a merge button up high.

Did Semper Fi add the ability to create new theaters? If yes, how is it done? Couldn't find any option. And the "Edit theater"-button which tells me to click on a province to add it to said theater's sphere does nothing.

"Countries can request specific actions from their allies for unprecedented cooperation." Quote from GG's feature list for SF, how do you do this?

Did Semper Fi add the ability to create new theaters? If yes, how is it done? Couldn't find any option. And the "Edit theater"-button which tells me to click on a province to add it to said theater's sphere does nothing.

"Countries can request specific actions from their allies for unprecedented cooperation." Quote from GG's feature list for SF, how do you do this?

Select an army group and then click the +++ icon. Same way that you creat a new corps for a division etc.

Just choose an army group, detach from theater and chooce "create new theater".

Kind regards,
Chromos

ah, emued by jju_57.. :)

Last edited:
And the "Edit theater"-button which tells me to click on a province to add it to said theater's sphere does nothing.
You don't click on provinces, you drag boxes =)

You click on a province. Down in the right interface, you should have a small arrow symbol which allows you to set objectives. However, don't that expect much. Instead, read here.

Do I need to research techs for upgrading my Armour if the Armour is made by a different country.

I.E If were to play as Norway and pay UK for the Armour. Does this save me from having to research Armour techs myself?

Do I need to research techs for upgrading my Armour if the Armour is made by a different country.

I.E If were to play as Norway and pay UK for the Armour. Does this save me from having to research Armour techs myself?

you buy production licenses so you get exactly that model. as long as you don't want additional armour you don't have to research anything.