• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question about Siam. Can I play them without becoming a puppet of Japan? Could doing something ahistorical like annexing Australia prevent the puppet siam event from triggering?

Open the file about the events.
It is somewhere in the common/event or semething like that.
It is a .txt file
Take a look to find out what are the triggering conditions. If you can prevent one, you'll get your answer.

Can air units bomb invading units performing amphibious assault "on the beaches" or can you only bomb the carrying transport vessels?

Can air units bomb a para dropping enemy unit in a province where you have units yourself fighting the dropping paras?

I have a question about Siam. Can I play them without becoming a puppet of Japan? Could doing something ahistorical like annexing Australia prevent the puppet siam event from triggering?

I believe its completely possible to just move the decision out of the folder that its in, I think its alone and has no connection to any other chained event, I could be wrong though, back up everything before you try things out.

Hi,

in my game, "show hierarchy on map" is checked, but i still don't see the hierarchy on map. And I also don't seen where the units are going (there is not the path in green as usual). I just reinstalled windows. Any idea ?

Hi,

in my game, "show hierarchy on map" is checked, but i still don't see the hierarchy on map. And I also don't seen where the units are going (there is not the path in green as usual). I just reinstalled windows. Any idea ?

For the "Hierarchy", type "H". It is the hotkey that makes it appear/disappear.

For the "arrow", I don't know, looks like another issue. You can clean your map cache folders (there are 2 fodlerss, one under common and another one in your USER folder) and start the game twice to get proper checksum and check if your problem is still there. Beyond that, I would suggest that you check the TECH HELP Forum.

How do I select a province to attack? playing spain and wanna get rid of Gibraltar.

1. You must be at war with Great-Britain... Click your Diplomacy menu to Declare war against them.
2. Once at war, select units in an adjacent province and move them in the enemy province. It's the same as a standard movement click. You can add units from other provinces in either 2 ways: normal movement or you CRTL-Right click them to get a popup menu where you will have multiple choices, among which "support attack", e.g. they will attack the adjacent province but not move into it once you won the battle.

Turn off automated AI for the divisions around gibraltar and manually tell them to attack. The AI is very shy when it comes to provinces like gibraltar, malta, and singapore.

with good reason, as the way the AI fights (without unit micro) those locations can be murderous

How is the XP bonus for a division in combat figured? Is it the max of the brigades, the average, the weighted average (if so how is it weighted), or something else?

How is the XP bonus for a division in combat figured? Is it the max of the brigades, the average, the weighted average (if so how is it weighted), or something else?

based on time in combat, the longer the fight goes on the more they gain, BUT its also related to STR, so a INF x 3 @ 50% STR with 6 exp, becomes something like 3 exp at 100% str, if its only reinforces, and dosn't fight

thats affected by training laws

based on time in combat, the longer the fight goes on the more they gain, BUT its also related to STR, so a INF x 3 @ 50% STR with 6 exp, becomes something like 3 exp at 100% str, if its only reinforces, and dosn't fight

thats affected by training laws

You misunderstood. I mean the bonus you get for existing XP during combat. On the combat screen it shows divisions with an appropriate bonus, but your division may have multiple brigades of different XP values. How is the division bonus calculated?

You misunderstood. I mean the bonus you get for existing XP during combat. On the combat screen it shows divisions with an appropriate bonus, but your division may have multiple brigades of different XP values. How is the division bonus calculated?

exp is just another modifer, acting as a multiptiler, i think its currently 1 + exp (as a decimal, so 95% is .95),

I think nimrod also missed your question. The answer is its an average with the strength of each brigade taken into account and worked in as well.

Two questions

1. How does 'stance' affect air combat and navy combat?

2. The rank of air leaders and navy leaders determines the maximum number of ships and airplanes. Does the rank affect other effects?
If it does not, I think it is reasonable to promote all air leaders and navy leaders to the max rank.

Two questions

1. How does 'stance' affect air combat and navy combat?

2. The rank of air leaders and navy leaders determines the maximum number of ships and airplanes. Does the rank affect other effects?
If it does not, I think it is reasonable to promote all air leaders and navy leaders to the max rank.

If you are speaking of the mission stance, that will control how aggressive the unit goes into its mission, aggressive is go until all org is lost, defensive is try to maintain some ORG, and passive is stop the second any opposition is met and return to base for new orders. If you are talking about the stances on automated HQ's they essentially just mimic the mission stances only the it will also tell the AI to use missions that utilize those stances the best so if you go defensive, don't expect to see much bombing if you dont have air superioirity.

You are correct with the ranks, the only other situation where it might be useful is making sure the best leader is leading the battle so maybe just use rank 3 for all and then put people like nimitz nagumo, and yamamoto as rank 4.

If you are speaking of the mission stance, that will control how aggressive the unit goes into its mission, aggressive is go until all org is lost, defensive is try to maintain some ORG, and passive is stop the second any opposition is met and return to base for new orders. If you are talking about the stances on automated HQ's they essentially just mimic the mission stances only the it will also tell the AI to use missions that utilize those stances the best so if you go defensive, don't expect to see much bombing if you dont have air superioirity.

You are correct with the ranks, the only other situation where it might be useful is making sure the best leader is leading the battle so maybe just use rank 3 for all and then put people like nimitz nagumo, and yamamoto as rank 4.

I mean 'mission stance'. Thank you for excellent answers.