• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really. Destroyers has to weak guns for that.

It can work a bit better with Cruisers swarms (CL + CA) since these both have better guns, and better AA (to fend of CAGs).

I remember someone posted about this, saying he tried a very massive DD approach fleet. While ackowledging his lost were high, the number of DD (summing up AA) would crush any CAGs, while the swarm would get rid of most BB fleet as they would lack org and then be easy targets.

I remember someone posted about this, saying he tried a very massive DD approach fleet. While ackowledging his lost were high, the number of DD (summing up AA) would crush any CAGs, while the swarm would get rid of most BB fleet as they would lack org and then be easy targets.
Yeah it used to worked back when DDs had 0.5 hull so you could stack them sky high.

That's not possible now when DDs have the same hull as CLs so they take up just as much space towards positioning penalty, but contribute far less sea attack values, and less air attack values.

In my eyes DDs only have two roles right now which is:
1.) The cheapest screen to soak damage with.
2.) ASW

How do you guys group your CAGs? For example, in a 2 CV CTF, do you have 4x1 CAG wings, or 2x2, or probably just a single 1x4 squadron?

To prevent the chances of 1 single being up in the air alone, I always group them in 2's. You can't group them in 4's cause each carrier is its own province so to speak for basing purposes.

To prevent the chances of 1 single being up in the air alone, I always group them in 2's. You can't group them in 4's cause each carrier is its own province so to speak for basing purposes.

Same here, for same reasons.

Ah, yeah, right, I used them like that while waiting for a new CTF once. But I found that when send out on missions set to "defensive", single CAGs tend to return to base earlier, with fewer risk of being shot down, just because the other CAG wing still has more strength or ORG left an thus continues the fight.

How do I attempt a coup against another nation (playing TFH)? I've read somewhere that a certain amount of covert points is needed, but how much exactly? And is it still required to get party popularity and/or national unity to a certain level?

How do I attempt a coup against another nation (playing TFH)? I've read somewhere that a certain amount of covert points is needed, but how much exactly? And is it still required to get party popularity and/or national unity to a certain level?
I don't know how much points you need, but if you hover over the 'Attempt Coup' button, the game will tell you.
You don't need party popularity, but having high party popularity will increase your chance to succeed dramatically. National Unity was never needed as far as I know. There are a few events, that cause a Coup, if your dissent is really high, another ideology has very high popularity and your unity is low, but they're not dependent on spies.

two quick questions: (if they are asked already I apoligize)

1) what's the diference between historical and custop game 1936?
2) starting with the soviet union, do you guys keep all those theaters?

1) what's the diference between historical and custop game 1936?
Custom Game allows you to delete all the forces your country had at 1936 and buy other forces from the points you earn from deleting your original army/navy/airforce/buildings. Historical Start not, just try both and you'll see the difference.
2) starting with the soviet union, do you guys keep all those theaters?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Soviets really need many theaters (biggest landmass contested), so sometimes I'll keep the starting ones and rename them or change their responsibilities.

How do I do a free trade?

And is there a setting for notification of the loss of a province? I keep thinking I've killed militia that then go on a wander and cut off my supply lines whilst i'm busy elsewhere.

Yes there is a message setting and its on by default...

You cant do a free trade, there are hidden trades of supply/fuel that go on when you place your units on allied soil but thats not really free as its being used to supply your troops.

Does anyone know what is the best way to level up the unit's experience, other than setting the Training Laws to Advanced Training. I believe there would be a lot of micro management to either set the unit to extremely favourable conditions where the combat efficiency is high and the manpower loss is low.

Does anyone know what is the best way to level up the unit's experience, other than setting the Training Laws to Advanced Training. I believe there would be a lot of micro management to either set the unit to extremely favourable conditions where the combat efficiency is high and the manpower loss is low.

Best exp spots for ground forces is a strait defense against superior forces.

1.) Build alot of militia and cavalry divisions
2.) Make sure to not research any small arms techs for them (makes them win faster)
3.) Make sure they have the leaders with nice traits you want to lvl up
4.) Attack a minor
5.) Use so as many militia divisions as possible, great if you overstack since that lower your attack and slows down combat
6.) Attack in the most unfavorable conditions you can find (across rivers into forts and mountains if possible).
7.) Upgrade your militia and cavalry into good units like tanks and motorized after you think they have enough xp.

Your units will take ages to win, but since your fighting a weak minor his units will also take ages to defeat your militia hordes.
Longer time in combat = more experience both for units and for generals.

Many players consider this cheating/gaming the system :)

Last edited:
How do you guys group your CAGs? For example, in a 2 CV CTF, do you have 4x1 CAG wings, or 2x2, or probably just a single 1x4 squadron?

I keep mine as single wings until I’ve got too many CAGs. I send them on missions in twos, threes & fours.

My plan is to have as many air leaders gain experience as possible. It works for me.

1.) Build alot of militia and cavalry divisions
2.) Make sure to not research any small arms techs for them (makes them win faster)
3.) Make sure they have the leaders with nice traits you want to lvl up
4.) Attack a minor
5.) Use so as many militia divisions as possible, great if you overstack since that lower your attack and slows down combat
6.) Attack in the most unfavorable conditions you can find (across rivers into forts and mountains if possible).
7.) Upgrade your militia and cavalry into good units like tanks and motorized after you think they have enough xp.

Your units will take ages to win, but since your fighting a weak minor his units will also take ages to defeat your militia hordes.
Longer time in combat = more experience both for units and for generals.

Many players consider this cheating/gaming the system :)

:rofl:

Not just forged in the heat of battle, but quenched, tempered, ground to a smooth finish, polished & oiled too.

And then polished some more.