• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As UK you're not forced to accept anyone in the Allies, since you're faction leader.
Just ignore the repeated 'could we get in message', and you're just fine.
However, beating the axis with 300k men is only possible with >70% Armored/Mechanized or heavy 100+ wings air cover (if USSR spanked Germany already very hard you might be able with 300k infantry)

My BEF is 70% Infantry+ART or AT divisions, but i plan to build a second BEF, so no worries.
My question is: will Japan declare war on me, even if the US are not in the allies?

Japan attacks people who embargo them.

Japan attacks people who embargo them.
Which is perfectly historical.
If US hadn't embargoed Japan, they won't dow them till today.
Japanese never thought, they could win the war through conquest, they wanted to get some swift victories, and do a more or less White Peace afterwards (without embargo of course).

Which is perfectly historical. If US hadn't embargoed Japan, they won't dow them till today. Japanese never thought, they could win the war through conquest, they wanted to get some swift victories, and do a more or less White Peace afterwards (without embargo of course).

How easy it is to rewrite history. Sure they would have been happy to continue their conquests unhindered.

You should try to tell people from Korea, Taiwan, Mandchouria/China that Japan was only wishing peace and was misunderstood...

How easy it is to rewrite history. Sure they would have been happy to continue their conquests unhindered.

You should try to tell people from Korea, Taiwan, Mandchouria/China that Japan was only wishing peace and was misunderstood...

Well, they wanted a white peace with the US.

But for Asia they wanted to create a personal sandbox meant only for Japan.

Just started my first UK game after two tries as Germany. All went well so far, even though it is quite a different game experience (not much to do and prepare besides some OOB rearranging and production/research...). Maybe even too well - I think I accidentally got the Netherlands into the Allies when Germany declared war on Poland, but Belgium stayed independent. So I assumed they would fall in any case, and join me when Germany attacks them.

But Germany never did. My rather small Expeditionary Forces (under my command) in the Netherlands managed to slow the tide, but then broke (have never been on this side of the Panzer guns before...). Up to this date (End of 1940) Belgium, and as a result France has survived. I also perma-blocked the strait around Kopenhagen with my fleet, so Denmark never had to surrender. Germany had no fleet to speak of, and by now I have sunk all of it in port, which means i have total naval domination around Europe.

My question is: Has this messed up the AIs plans too much for a challenging game? Italy is still at peace, and I guess Germany could just walk through Switzerland, but right now nothing happens besides me harassing the Germans with occasional air raids. What could i do to start more action?

You can select engine types when building ships. The default is the most advanced engine you have the tech for. Maybe you fiddled with it by accident?

Damage never permanently changes attributes or techs.

Hm. I'm quite sure I did not fiddle with the any of these attributes, but I will try to check. It's the only possibility. Yet I'm quite sure they had better engines at one point.
Got to live with it, I guess. Thank you!

Well, they wanted a white peace with the US.
But for Asia they wanted to create a personal sandbox meant only for Japan.
As Darkshadows already told, the white peace thingy was only related to USA/Allies.
If the USA hadn't embargoed them, Japanese hadn't attacked them, as they knew, that USA/Allies was to big for them.
They attacked, because the embargo (especially oil and rubber) crippled their economy, and unlike Germany, the military and it's General had a big part of the political might back then, and they knew, they couldn't win the war by unconditional surrender, but only by risky swift victories and doing white peace (possibly with some uninhabited islands changing ownership).
That the Japanese wouldn't white peace with china is clear. To be mentioned, the sino-japanese conflict is far older then thought of most, in fact, it's more than thousand years old, and the Chinese do also their reasonable part on the continuation of this conflict(these conflict about the ownership of a few rocks just a few months ago is the best proof).

Last edited:
You can see on teh chart that they have 20 more org and 20% more morale. That means tehy can stay in battle way longer. They also have some bonuses to jungle fighting, I think.

Hi,

Looking at this chart: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Land_units I cannot find the difference between normal infantry and the japanese Imperial Guards. Except that guards are more expensive. Are there some hidden bonus or terrain modifier that makes them better?

From the unit file:

hills = {
attack = 0.05
movement = 0.05
}
jungle = {
attack = 0.20
movement = 0.15
}
forest = {
attack = 0.15
movement = 0.15
}
woods = {
attack = 0.15
movement = 0.15
}
amphibious = {
attack = 0.10
}
river = {
attack = 0.05
}
night = {
attack = 0.10
defence = 0.10
movement = 0.10
}

* all bonuses compared to infantry which is 0.00 for everything (no entry)
** 0.10 = +10% efficiency

Playing Nat China on FTM 3.05, but UK refuses to let me join the allies. After peacing with Japan and letting him taking me to full Axis, Germany doesn't like me either.
I only conquered Guanxi, Shanxi, and Com China, which took me to 29 threat on UK.

Do I have to raise the relationship through trade agreements? or is it related to who I declare war on?

Quick question:

in Their Finest Hour, Britain is quick to go to war. So, using the noneutrality cheat this morning I was doing my usual as Germany when Britain DOW's me in 1936. I quickly over-run france who for some reason abandoned part of the Maginot line, making it easy. I then launched Sea Lion in early 37. Half way through that, SU DOW's me.

Question: Since I am at war with SU, would Anshcluss still happen if I just wait? What about Sudentland? What about Danzig?

Anyone have any advice on what to do, by the way? With the SU getting the war bonuses so early, it sounds like it is a hopeless cause.

Quick question:

in Their Finest Hour, Britain is quick to go to war. So, using the noneutrality cheat this morning I was doing my usual as Germany when Britain DOW's me in 1936. I quickly over-run france who for some reason abandoned part of the Maginot line, making it easy. I then launched Sea Lion in early 37. Half way through that, SU DOW's me.

Question: Since I am at war with SU, would Anshcluss still happen if I just wait? What about Sudentland? What about Danzig?

Anyone have any advice on what to do, by the way? With the SU getting the war bonuses so early, it sounds like it is a hopeless cause.

when you go ahist, most of the presets disapear, which for germany came be massivly bad, you dont get a bunch of MP, and no build up. also you don't get some more core's with the LS and MP and IC.

Just started my first game as UK (1936 scenario) and already by Jan. 1937 Italy, Hungary and Ethiopia (!) are part of the Axis. Is there a way to stop them joining the axis so early, aside from expending even more diplomatic influence (that which I have is already being spent influencing New Zealand, Brazil and Canada)?

Ethiopia no as they are puppetted by Italy. I assume Italy is in the Axis?

Try using your spies on austria to help them combat the spy work from germany to get that austrian event to fire, if germany shares a border with italy that early then they go axis fast, which then cascades to hungary as well.