• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wrong. And you are calling me a liar by saying that
I never intended to call you a liar.

"BTW your July 1938 is impossible as your first build doesn't benefit from the 10 month practical."
I don't IC whore so I was using your numbers regarding that 10 months. If this is incorrect then you were the source of the incorrect data. You wrote:
"You can finish 14*3 factories no later than 1 JUL 38 as Germany. And their cost is down to less than 4 by then, and time averages about 10 months."

That clearly says that at the end of the three runs the cost is 4 and the time is 10 months. So if the first run is 5 and the time is 12 months that means the first run end in December 1936. The second run I assumed would be 4.5 and 11 months which just splits your final numbers. That means it ends in November 1937 and 10 months after that is September 1938. Therefore, if you are correct that you can finish them in July 1938 then the information about them taking 10 months must be inaccurate. But July/September is 2 months so not a really big deal is it?

Actual math for 14*3 factories for Germany in vanilla HOI3 where Germany's construction practical is 5 [with CPO]:
4.75 IC for 351 days = 1667.25 IC*days
with modified IC at normal difficulty, you get a 1.5X payback =
1111.5 days to get payback [1667.25/1.5]
which is a little over 3 years for the first batch. Then you get better payback periods for the next 2 cycles getting to around 2 years for the 3rd cycle.

Again I'll use your numbers. The first batch takes 3 years for payback. Since the run ends in December 1936 that means you don't see full payback till after 1939. Even in this best case scenario your September 1939 army is smaller compared to what you could have had without IC whoring.

And I didn't mention modified IC simply because not everyone plays on normal. I do have a question how the two techs industrial production and industrial efficiency would speed up the finish date? I mean one creates more IC and the other means it uses less resources. Or are you referring to the practicals it gives?

Also, according to the wikki the default level of practicals is 5. That means a practical level of 5 will result in neither an increase or decrease in the time and cost of building something. Germany starts with 5 so this means according to the Wikki the cost of a factory is 5 IC and 365 days. Not the 4.75 and 351 you use. Either the Wikki is worng or you are.

Finally, you like to push the practical benefit of making IC. But there is a flip side. See since you spent those early IC on industry you LOST practicals, or the possibility of higher practicals in other areas. This is just simple logic as less IC means less things built. So when you finally do get around to building those tanks, planes and ships they will be costing more in your scenario, at least for the first run or two.

Bottom line is you have the right to play the game however you want. But the numbers are clear. Building IC early results in a smaller army in 1939 then if you didn't build the IC. Or if you do decide to build the units you don't have the IC to upgrade them. Something was left out.

Playing SF 2.04D and my question is: when is the event that allows Japan to start fighting in China, and is it against just Shanxi or several states?

It's called the "Marco Polo Bridge" Event, and (as Japan) you can enact that choice starting on July 1st, 1937. It will put you at war with NatChi, but since (unless agaist human opponents doing wierd things) NatChi is allied with Shanxi, CommChi, and Guangxi, you will end up at war with Shanxi, CommChi, and Guangxi after 24 hours pass (I.E. as soon as NatChi calls it's allies)

Well, here's my question...

What's a good division make up for a major power when defending a port and how many divisions should be present to cover an individual port? Just looking for a rule of thumb for my Atlantic Wall.

Well, here's my question...

What's a good division make up for a major power when defending a port and how many divisions should be present to cover an individual port? Just looking for a rule of thumb for my Atlantic Wall.

2*Garrison regiments. But you MUST have reserve divisions to smash back a invasion. Garrisons will only hold for a certain time.

In Hoi2 you could only do an amphibious landing in limited provinces ( the ones with a little "beach" icon ), I haven't seen any "beach" icon's on the shorelines in Hoi3. Does this mean you can have an Amphibious landing in all provinces?

I've a question regarding the requirements for the Anschluss, is the NSDAP org/support requirement for the German or Austrian version of the party?
Austrian. And you can not see that in the game. That value can only be seen in the very large saved game file which you can open with notepad. But don't worry about this too much: set your intel mission for Austria to "support our party" and the Anschluss will fire sometime in late 1936 unless something weird is happening in your game [such as the UK or France influencing Austria very very early in the game].

Is it possible to attack in the beginning? I play as Hungary and I want to invade Yugoslavia.
Without cheats, no, you can't attack on Jan 1 1936. However, you should still be able to start a war or two before the real action starts.

Hoovering on the Declare War action, you should get a tooltip telling you what you need. You need Yugoslavia to be threatening, which you achieve with spies, and your own neutrality to be low, which you achieve with spies.

Without cheats, no, you can't attack on Jan 1 1936. However, you should still be able to start a war or two before the real action starts.

Hoovering on the Declare War action, you should get a tooltip telling you what you need. You need Yugoslavia to be threatening, which you achieve with spies, and your own neutrality to be low, which you achieve with spies.

Thank you very much!
--
Is it important to research tank-tech 1936 or should I go for better infantry-tech? Some of my units cant move, it´s a red cross that say I cant move for XX hours because I was on offensive.

Does HOI 3 not auto-end at a certain date, like Vicky 2 or EU 3?