• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2 Questions:

2) What does the encirclement proc do from Integrated Support (tech that gives morale boost to Special Forces)

In TFH it allows your leaders to pick that as their tactics of choice in battle more often. Higher level of leader and higher doctrine research make it more likely this will be available - and picked - whenever it's applicable and beneficial.

In my last game as Italy I had to declare War on the SU after Germany did (They used the "Drang nach Osten" Wargoal) and I declared by choosing annex. Is it normal that this removes Germanys Wargoal as well? Also, if a Country targeted by no Wargoal surrenders, what happens?

Where do I find this in my save game?

Annex is kinda all-encompassing. If you get everything anyways, smaller requests are meaningless. The game doesn't correctly divide the spoils in that case, though.
And IIRC the engine treats "no wargoal" as "conquer".

Annex is kinda all-encompassing. If you get everything anyways, smaller requests are meaningless. The game doesn't correctly divide the spoils in that case, though.
And IIRC the engine treats "no wargoal" as "conquer".

Okay, but does it automatically invalidate the Wargoal of Germany? It isn't even in the list anymore, which makes me wonder. Also, why does the SU capitulate to me (Germany holds all the VPS)?

either this is a Bug or I'm really confused ;).

As a bit of an RPer,In my Japan Game.What unit represents the A6M "Zero"?

I'm guessing CAG? It is Dec 1940, already at war with Allies (UK,US,et al)My aircraft tech are up to date.

Historially It was an advanced design, but 1939 tech should cover it.(It proves How unready the UK and US were for War) unless it requires Drop tanks which is a 1943 tech.

As a bit of an RPer,In my Japan Game.What unit represents the A6M "Zero"?

I'm guessing CAG? It is Dec 1940, already at war with Allies (UK,US,et al)My aircraft tech are up to date.

Historially It was an advanced design, but 1939 tech should cover it.(It proves How unready the UK and US were for War) unless it requires Drop tanks which is a 1943 tech.

Yes, CAGs.

In some case, when you check the tech box, you can see to which unit or component the tech is equivalent to (e.g. PzIII, Maybach motor, etc.). But it is not always the case.

I know you can modify your files to get the name you want. From memory, it should be files in the COMMON folder. Usually .csv files. When you alter them, it does [usually] not affect your checksum as it is the same as the LOCATION files.

Does adding ART to Mnt divs rather defeat the point?

Check ART penalties. They are quite bad in mountains and will reduce the ability of your Mnt, overall.
Rocket Art are better if you need to put arty with them. Less penalties. Point is, usually, people don't put ART with Mnt.

Does adding ART to Mnt divs rather defeat the point?

Terrain penalties are averaged across the entire division while units stats (SA, HA, toughness, defensive) are additive. Run some math on your MTN/ART divisions and decide for yourself whether they lose more than they gain. And consider whether they are attacking or defending, since brigades have separate attack and defense modifiers for terrain. Note also that brigades have speed penalties/bonuses for various terrain, and adding ART might slow down the division substantially. But if you spend 90% of your time on defense, speed is not a big deal.

That being said, many mountain provinces have lower infrastructure, making it harder to supply units there. ART has a much larger supply draw than many other brigades, so even if the unit values and combat penalties are favorable, it might be too hard to supply the ART. This is especially relevant in Asia.

Why Can't I supply troops in San Fransico or Los Angeles?I am playing a game as US.It is early 1940.I've spent most of the last 4 years researching and building infrastructure.

I keep getting the low supply icon for troops in those two cities,eventhough each city and surrounding is fully infrastructured.

San Fransisco is a major supply convoy hub.

I would like to give the Netherlands more technology points in the CGM editor. How do I mod that?

You should post in the modding thread. You'll have more chance to get an answer.

The thread is HERE

What is the difference between convoy raiding and patrol for a sub? Because for some reason my subs on patrol are sinking a lot more convoys.

I'm not 100% sure, but my 2 cents would be that, on patrol, your subs might be engaged by whatever forces they will encounter (interception mission, as well as just moving stacks)... while on convoys raiding, they will solely be intercepted by ships on interception mission, as patrol missions don't include hitting the ships you spot.

EDIT

Check this thread: SUBMARINES

Why Can't I supply troops in San Fransico or Los Angeles?I am playing a game as US.It is early 1940.I've spent most of the last 4 years researching and building infrastructure.

I keep getting the low supply icon for troops in those two cities,eventhough each city and surrounding is fully infrastructured.

San Fransisco is a major supply convoy hub.

In TFH, I noticed that divisions with units currently upgrading (e.g. infantry units currently beeing retrained to become mountain units, for example) get the low supply icon.

Also, maybe you have just too many ships getting supply from SF, while you are also having too many troops for the supply capability of SF itself in the region. It is not just a matter or "pipes" (infras levels).

Someone with a better knowledge of this kind of supply issue might want to complete my answer.

Last edited:
Has resources stock piling changed in TFH? Can I stock more than 99999? I noticed some countries has over 99999 in some resources through the intelligent network, but that may just be inaccurate intel.

Has resources stock piling changed in TFH? Can I stock more than 99999? I noticed some countries has over 99999 in some resources through the intelligent network, but that may just be inaccurate intel.

Stockpiles still capped at 99k. Although if you annex a country at 99k resources they will temporarily go over 99k

Some people have said that the AI has limits to prevent it stockpiling more than 30k resources. don't know if this is true or not.

its a console command, that works like savegame swaping, except faster.

open the console with "~", then type "tag ***" where *** is the 3 letter country code. --->DON'T UNPAUSE<--- as that changes the AI over. use it for checking what the AI is doing

country codes are like;
GER = germany
ENG = UK
SOV = USSR
USA = US
etc

Stupid question # 493: where do I find this "in game console" - it's not on the in game menu bar that I can detect, and the logical place - the exit menu "console" I have searched and cannot find it readily. Give a helping hand to a brother in arms, please?