• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just started playing TFH and notice that there are two numbers e.g. -.23/+1.3 at the top of the tooltip when on individual flags on diplomacy triangle.

Yes, these nimbers represent your (daily, weekly?) drift on the X/Y axis towards corners of the diplomatic triangle.

That was never clearly explained how the numbers works even if some player made a list of factors influencing drift.

If you look at your savegame you can find your "position" on this axis somewhere.

0, -146 is Alies
200, 200 is Axis
-200, 200 is Comintern

So the X horizontal axis goes from -200 to 200 and the Y vertical axis goes from -146 to 200.

Last edited:
I've been playing a couple of games as Nationalist China and I have no trouble winning from the Japanese. Unfortunately I always run into horrible supply problems in Manchuria. These supply problems effectively halt my offensive and allow the Japanese to push me back. This delays my victory by about two years. I have a basic infantry army with some artillery brigades and mountaineers thrown in with up to date suppy techs. What am I doing wrong?

I've been playing a couple of games as Nationalist China and I have no trouble winning from the Japanese. Unfortunately I always run into horrible supply problems in Manchuria. These supply problems effectively halt my offensive and allow the Japanese to push me back. This delays my victory by about two years. I have a basic infantry army with some artillery brigades and mountaineers thrown in with up to date suppy techs. What am I doing wrong?

not enough through put, turn on the infra map filter, and then the supply one, find the bottle necks and try and make a uniform infra level along the most commonly used path.

also get rid of the ART until you can supply it

Non Aggression Pacts? How long do the last? I am currently playing Japan and the NAP with Nat China can be broken about 8 months after end of War. I enforced the "New" War Goal on Dec 30 1937. It says I can break anytime after 7/30/38 and its Done 9/30/41.

Should I just start the War Again?

Non Aggression Pacts? How long do the last? I am currently playing Japan and the NAP with Nat China can be broken about 8 months after end of War. I enforced the "New" War Goal on Dec 30 1937. It says I can break anytime after 7/30/38 and its Done 9/30/41.

Should I just start the War Again?

Usually 2 years.
You cant DOW while they are active. You have to wait for the 1st trigger, which is, in your case, 7/30/38. You will probably have to garrison the frontier to be able to break it (e.g. have more troops then they have) in order to break it as soon as 7/30/38. That's why they say it's going to be done by 9/30/41 but that you can try to break it earlier if you meet the conditions.

I'm playing as nationialist China, 1936 scenario. I've got neutrailty down using prepare for war exploit! :( Is it worth attacking tibet and shiaking? I expect they have zero ic and little resource (I hope maybe a little central asian oil though!) but it would open a land border with USSR so I could run the Japanese blockade?

Will this work and is it worth while or I should I sink the G Clique before marco polo fires? Should I try to finish Commie CHina and Shanxi before then too (I'm running out of time in feb 37 already!)

Last edited:
I'm playing as nationialist China, 1936 scenario. I've got neutrailty down using prepare for war exploit! :( Is it worth attacking tibet and shiaking? I expect they have zero ic and little resource (I hope maybe a little central asian oil though!) but it would open a land border with USSR so I could run the Japanese blockade?

Will this work and is it worth while or I should I sink the G Clique before marco polo fires? Should I try to finish Commie CHina and Shanxi before then too (I'm running out of time in feb 37 already!)

prepare for war isn't a exploit, its WAD becuase people wanted a way as a minor (check the event, you have to have less tehn 20/50 IC, can't remeber which).

you should be able to trade though mongolia as it only needs a land connection (i think)

When I build air bases from the production menu (ie, not directly (serially) in the province) I can only place one air base per province, as my initial idea was to big-bang a few airbases out of the ground I am now left with ~30 airbases I don't want to place one per province. Can I remove them from my deployment queue somehow, and/or is it intended behaviour I can only place one per province? (FTM)

I am tremendously annoyed by the fact that when playing as Germany and making new infantry divisions/corps/armies that they get the generic "1st corps, 1st army, 1st army group" names instead of XIII. Armeekorps, 1. Armee, Heeresgruppe B" and for that matter, "1st infantry regiment" instead of "Infanterie-Regiment 12345". Is there a file where I can set more proper default names? /common/countries/germany has entries for divisional nomenclature but not anything smaller or larger.

1. You can't remove them from deployment, no.
2. I don't think so.

1. You can't remove them from deployment, no.
2. I don't think so.
1. Not even via editing the portion of the save game that stores the deployment queue? Oh well. Edit: Would you happen to know one way or another if the air base behaviour is intended? I could have sworn they used to work just like AA/Radar where building a bunch in parallel would let you max one province out.
2. That sound you hear is the my fingers being ground to stubby nubs from renaming everything when I start a new game.

Thanks for the quick reply nonetheless. :)

1. Not even via editing the portion of the save game that stores the deployment queue? Oh well. Edit: Would you happen to know one way or another if the air base behaviour is intended? I could have sworn they used to work just like AA/Radar where building a bunch in parallel would let you max one province out.
2. That sound you hear is the my fingers being ground to stubby nubs from renaming everything when I start a new game.

Thanks for the quick reply nonetheless. :)

airports are meant to be one place only to stop exploits with a LVL 10 going in in 1 days

A lot of people complained about #2 since forever... :)

Was this done with naval bases too to balance out their shortened construction times?

yep, you can place one, but the rest have to be built thought the provience interface

To disband theatre you must first assign all its lands to another theatre, then disband the HQ itself.

Different levels of HQs give different bonuses, theatre reduces stacking, army group supply usage, army increases organization, corps increases reinforcement chance. Having good high level leaders at all levels gives massive benefits. Leaders pass a part of their traits down the chain of command, for example you can have +10% CA from battlemaster at division, +5 at corps, +2.5 at army, +1.25 at army group and +0.625 at theatre level, total 19,375%, just by the fact of having right leaders picked your CA divisions double their bonus.

I'm just getting back into the game with TFH. I've noticed that the UK Invasion AI is more aggressive, launching multiple invasions adjacent to ports. As Germany, I've just defeated France and I'm trying to figure out how to garrison the coast. I used to just garrison the ports and have a strong mobile reserve. Should I try to garrison more of the coast? Are there some sectors I can ignore?