• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Be faster. Conquer the USSR in the summer months.
2. Dig in, take it on the chin, wait until summer/supply chain catching up.
3. Recycle units with low/high ORG between front and home.
4. Start a huge infra programme the like of which the world has not seen.
5. Sent tanks and planes and all gas/supply guzzlers back home.

Regardless of those things, you always need to

1. Optimize your chain of command with an eye to logistics
2. Research all relevant supply production, transfer cost reduction, efficiency booster techs. Then research some more.

One last thing is to make a choice with your ministers. There is one guy who increases unit speed (oh, research those techs as well!), he can help you fulfill the goal of firing Bitter Peace before winter sets in. Or you can put his colleague into his seat who improves supply throughput/comsumption/production (whatever it is).

Couple questions I didn't find when searched.

What do the following 2 doctrines do in the Naval Branch
1. Commander Decision Making
2. Fire Control System Training

Do these help CV Fleets at all?

Couple questions I didn't find when searched.What do the following 2 doctrines do in the Naval Branch
1. Commander Decision Making 2. Fire Control System Training Do these help CV Fleets at all?

1) Bonus to target choice +0.05, so less friendly fire
2) Bonus to target chance +0.05, more chance to hit

CV ? I don't know, but maybe not as it's the CAGs that makes the attacks, not the CVs.

1) Bonus to target choice +0.05, so less friendly fire
2) Bonus to target chance +0.05, more chance to hit

CV ? I don't know, but maybe not as it's the CAGs that makes the attacks, not the CVs.

I guess that's the crux of it.

If the CAG's target better then it seems worthwhile. Otherwise I'm "wasting" leadership.
Can anyone expand on Nicolas I answer?

Thanks Nic, and thanks all.

CAGs benefit from the aircraft doctrines, not the doctrines that affect surface combat.

What units should i use to deafeat Sovjet when I'm playing as Nat China?

I have Japan as my puppet and united all of China including Tibet, and now i wan't to start a new war..
I haven't alligned myself to any faction yet, but the Sovjet ar manning up pretty good their borders.

But i haven't got any armor techs, just infantry tech and land techs devolped. so my infantry/Marine/mountains are pretty good (night fighting equipment etc) Some have artellery and engineer support aswell.

What should i do if i wan't to deafeat the Commies? I'am planning to wait until Germany attacks them first, or could i take them out alone?

Is going after Denmark and Norway worth it?(Playing as Germany) other than for historical roleplay reasons.
Denmark controller can close off the baltic sea and Norway have heavy water if you want to go for nukes. It also serves as a nice battlefield should the allies counter invade since you can keep them off Oslo with a few divisions and bomb them at will.

Is going after Denmark and Norway worth it?(Playing as Germany) other than for historical roleplay reasons.

I would say yes for Denmark (to close the Baltic).

For Norway I'm less sure. Too few ressources (except heavy water if you feel you need it) to justify the troops needed. The best would be to puppet it to get the ressources without having to put troops as they defend themselves (except maybe garrisons on the 2 VP provinces at Oslo/Narvik).

Historically, Germany wanted to have some naval/air bases (or deny them to UK) to control North Atlantic and to protect the iron ore road/mines in Sweden. But ingame these have a very limited to no use at all. When they made the "undeclared war" feature they added more convoys between USA and UK. If they had made the same for convoys towards Soviet Union (Murmansk road for Lend-Lease), having bases in Norway would have been more usefull.

What units should i use to deafeat Sovjet when I'm playing as Nat China?

I have Japan as my puppet and united all of China including Tibet, and now i wan't to start a new war..
I haven't alligned myself to any faction yet, but the Sovjet ar manning up pretty good their borders.

But i haven't got any armor techs, just infantry tech and land techs devolped. so my infantry/Marine/mountains are pretty good (night fighting equipment etc) Some have artellery and engineer support aswell.

What should i do if i wan't to deafeat the Commies? I'am planning to wait until Germany attacks them first, or could i take them out alone?

The terrain favors Infantry so that should be fine. But I'd wait for Germany to enter the war. The soviets will have far more troops than Japan, but initially they won't be as good.
Sounds like you are doing very well as China :)

I have plenty of fuel and supplies, it's just that my troops are not in supply. I just checked my Supply tech is 3 years out of date, I will research that and try to hold the line. Cheers bud. Also I was incredibly fast, I took out Moscow and Leningrad, push really far north before their troops came back from war against Japan.

What attack value is used for Logistical, Installation and Airbase strikes? I'm asking because I'm unsure which type of bomber is best for them.

I have never seen it happen.

But that is not a definitive answer.

One weird thing I have seen is I puppet-ed Romania and whilst they were listed as a puppet of Germany (me), they had a non aggression pact with both me and the Allies and USSR.
They were in the Axis but at peace with everyone.

The terrain favors Infantry so that should be fine. But I'd wait for Germany to enter the war. The soviets will have far more troops than Japan, but initially they won't be as good.
Sounds like you are doing very well as China :)

Yea, I feel like i'am doing really good as China, this is my first sucsesfull HOI game. I have really tried HOI III and II plenty of times without succeding (f.eks I'am used to be overrunned by france when i'am Germany :p) But with my Nat.China savegame i feel like i'am a superpower :p got my sypply at 99999 all the time and still good enough IC to produce troops.

But do i get to keep what i've occuiped if USSR surrunders to Germany if we both attack at the same time even thou i'am not alligned to any faction?

And can i demand som tech from Japan since they are my puppet state? Since i guess they already have some Armor tech, and great navy techs.