• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is the best position for a high skilled (lvl 4 actually, but for Nationalist China that's a very good general!) logistics wizard? Corp, army, army group...?

ARMY GROUP!!!, the reduction in supply draw will help imensily, make sure ever singl unit is under him and you will get a reduction in supply use of ever unit in range, meaning you need less supplies, having more IC etc

I need help with something. I asked earlier how to edit nukes out of the game and people suggested going to the save file. I scrolled through the entire file which was huge and could not find any texts on nukes. I thought about maybe editing out the technology for nukes but I'm afraid that it could corrupt HOI3. Could someone help guide me through how to edit nukes out entirely? Appreciate it.

I need help with something. I asked earlier how to edit nukes out of the game and people suggested going to the save file. I scrolled through the entire file which was huge and could not find any texts on nukes. I thought about maybe editing out the technology for nukes but I'm afraid that it could corrupt HOI3. Could someone help guide me through how to edit nukes out entirely? Appreciate it.

you simply need to comment out the activation line so the techs still there but it dosn't unlock nukes.

to do this find the nuke weapon tech in the files and there should be a line that says somethin like "activation = ....."

change that by doing "#### activation = ......"

thats stops nukes being built

in the save game just look for the number of nukes you have under the player country then use that line to see if there are any more

The size, no, but the level of infrastructure does. The more infra, the faster the regain/repair. Each infra contributes 10% of your nation's rate.
As far as I know airbase and navalbase size does matter for repair and reorg rate.

But only if you go above the limits, which for naval units are quite generous (I think something like 6 ships per base level).

I think the tooltip says something like "X ships can be repaired in this base".

As far as I know airbase and navalbase size does matter for repair and reorg rate.

But only if you go above the limits, which for naval units are quite generous (I think something like 6 ships per base level).
I was asking specifically about when you're under the limits.

I scrolled through the entire file which was huge and could not find any texts on nukes.
Just search for 'nukes=' - there should be one entry for each country (most of which wil be 0.000).

Last edited:
Where to modify the chance of occupation

Is there a possibility where I can modify the chance of annexing / occupation (GiE). Looked up the defines.lua, but didn't find anything. I think the different politics of the occupied countries work well and present history quite well. Annexing a complete foreign country with different and culture seems rather odd and unlikly.
If there is such number where I can modify the chance and would set it to allways occupation, will there be a problem with scripted events?

Last edited:
How often do you guys shuffle your officers? I usually switch them around every time I focus my attention to a new front, but it gets kind of tedious after a while.

Also, is there any way to not lose track of units, or lose sight of the momentum of an attack? I always seem to push forward but leave entire divisions idling in friendly territory out of forgetfulness. Is it just a personal attention issue I'll have to get over?

How often do you guys shuffle your officers? I usually switch them around every time I focus my attention to a new front, but it gets kind of tedious after a while.

Also, is there any way to not lose track of units, or lose sight of the momentum of an attack? I always seem to push forward but leave entire divisions idling in friendly territory out of forgetfulness. Is it just a personal attention issue I'll have to get over?

At most once a year as this is when the new leaders arrive (if any)

I try to level some of the top level Generals fast and later on when things become difficult I place them in the command structrue where they seem to be most useful. I also place low quality LW on quiet fronts and exchange them when the area gets hotter.

I'm still a beginner in HOI 3, and it happened to me too. I also had problems that the bulk of my army (infantry) fell far behind my armored and motorized spearheads. But thats what happend both in reality and it worked well as it did in the game as well. Increasing the speed of the HQs helps. Until now I haven't used fighting HQs, maybe this could help, cause they would be on the front line or very close to it by nature, but I have no experience with that..

Rubber?

The Strategic Resource Rubber says it increases mobile speed by 15%.

Does this apply to all tracked/fast units or strictly to units that use the "Mobile Practical"?

Thanks

How much will the expansion probably cost? How much were Semper Fi and FTM when they first came out?

20USD i think

Gulf of Chihli strategic effect

Gulf of Chihli strategic effect: does it work? I control the required provinces as Nationalist China, and all of Korea actually, but the effect never fires.
The popup say something about not being in a faction (I think), however I never joined any faction.
Any hints?

Hi. I bought HOI 3. This game doesn´t work. I register game, I reinstall game and still when I want play so computer say me,, in computer miss dx3dx9_35.dll. Try reinstall program. Anybody knows why I cannot play?

Direct X File?

I had the same problem, just google dx3dx9_35.dll.

It was missing from the games install/dx folder. I got the file, put it in the folder and the game worked.

EDIT: My bad, it was a Direct X problem. I downloaded DX setup and ran it, I'm sure you can figure it out :)

Last edited:
Gulf of Chihli strategic effect: does it work? I control the required provinces as Nationalist China, and all of Korea actually, but the effect never fires.
The popup say something about not being in a faction (I think), however I never joined any faction.
Any hints?

You need to be in a faction.
Also, the effect does not fire up for all countries, only some. Among which, Japan.