• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heya, i just started playing HoI3 and i did quite well,
annihilating tens of Russian divisions on my advance. The thing is that my divisions
can't seem to get any supplies on their forward positions. I have waited for some weeks already
but they only get a little bit at best, which is immediately used up again.

Now i can't capture Baku because my mountaineers refuse to march without getting their
wooden crates.

Could it be that i captured too much land and the limited TC is being overused?
I tried to keep the front straight instead of just advancing in the south, so i captured quite a lot of land in the north as well.

Where can i see my TC ?

try using your air transports (if you built them) to air supply them.

Heya, i just started playing HoI3 and i did quite well,
annihilating tens of Russian divisions on my advance. The thing is that my divisions
can't seem to get any supplies on their forward positions. I have waited for some weeks already
but they only get a little bit at best, which is immediately used up again.

Now i can't capture Baku because my mountaineers refuse to march without getting their
wooden crates.

Could it be that i captured too much land and the limited TC is being overused?
I tried to keep the front straight instead of just advancing in the south, so i captured quite a lot of land in the north as well.

Where can i see my TC ?

There ain't such thing as TC anymore: that was HoI2. Each province forwards supplies towards the divisions that need it. Effectivity depends on technology but mainly on infrastructure. And infrastructure in the Caucasus is poor...

The advice to use air supply is good: If the supply AI has not already done so, you could manually set up a convoy from Odessa across the Black Sea and air lift supplies from there on further into Aserbaidschan. And you should probably reduce the amount of forces in the area.

As Italy, is there any point in preparing a land invasion of northern French Africa? If I'm waiting for Germany to call me into the war, I can usually only get about as far as Tunis before Paris is captured, and then all the land reverts back to Vichy anyway. I suppose an amphibious/air attack would be a bit quicker, but even then, I won't keep any of the land, will I?

Would it be more useful to just defend the western France Italian African Border until Paris is taken, and then reassign the units for the push towards Suez?

Also, is there any way for Italy to both be in the Axis, and have any chance of capturing Corsica and keeping it after Vichy takes over? Or does it always revert?

Sorry for the dumb questions, again.

If you want some of france, you have to add the war goal acquire territory and then select the area you want. You can only add one war goal every month, so you should join the war asap.

There ain't such thing as TC anymore: that was HoI2. Each province forwards supplies towards the divisions that need it. Effectivity depends on technology but mainly on infrastructure. And infrastructure in the Caucasus is poor...

The advice to use air supply is good: If the supply AI has not already done so, you could manually set up a convoy from Odessa across the Black Sea and air lift supplies from there on further into Aserbaidschan. And you should probably reduce the amount of forces in the area.

Also, do not strategical deploy units as they stop to draw supply from the capital then and starts over with that when they stop. Iirc the supply move one province/day, which makes long supply lines vulnerable (not to mention that low infra and revolt risk tax supply on its way through provinces). If you know that you are going somewhere in advance and own the destination you can always place air units in a nearby airfield. They will then begin to draw supply and then they can deploy away when the land units arrive. it isn't as gamey as it sounds, planning ahead can be rewarding.

I assumed all of Holland was plains... oops. In my defense I don't remember any marshes outside Amsterdam when I was there lol.

But there are some marshes in the South, near Belgium. Famous battles over there during WWII for the control of the sea access to Antwerp port by the Canadians. Plus, there is a fortress near the access to the sea. Unless my memories are too bad, I remember Holland doing some work to dig the main channel to make sure ships could get through.

Also, do not strategical deploy units as they stop to draw supply from the capital then and starts over with that when they stop. Iirc the supply move one province/day, which makes long supply lines vulnerable (not to mention that low infra and revolt risk tax supply on its way through provinces). If you know that you are going somewhere in advance and own the destination you can always place air units in a nearby airfield. They will then begin to draw supply and then they can deploy away when the land units arrive. it isn't as gamey as it sounds, planning ahead can be rewarding.

You can also use MP unit. 1 brigade every 3-4 provinces can create a chain that will allow a better influx of supplies. Very useful in USSR and through France. Even more important when you go for TOTAL OCCUPATION policy as this raise the "partisan toll tax".

Ack, I'm retarded, thanks.

It seems one receives some land in south eastern France whether the respective aquire territory goal is selected or not: I had selected Corse, Alpes atlantiques and Haute Savoy I think, but also received some provinces in southern Alsace and Jura, which I had occupied. Btw, it was helpful to have Switzerland "integrated" into the Kingdom of Italy before...

Haener

Capital ships don't upgrade Main Armament, Engine, Armour. They do upgrade Anti-Aircraft Armament.

What about Large Warship Radar?

You can upgrade (similar to radar of screens,and subs).
Also doctrines are automatically,and for free upgraded.

Germany after fall of France, TAC and CSA bombers in Brest on Convoy raiding missions.

It is set on continuous but after 1-3 weeks I go back to check and they are sitting there "No orders"
So re order, return and repeat ad nauseum. WHY?
It is not a lack of strength as they are 100% at start and when I check. In the 50 times I have done this I have never seen them at 80%or lower.

Germany after fall of France, TAC and CSA bombers in Brest on Convoy raiding missions.

It is set on continuous but after 1-3 weeks I go back to check and they are sitting there "No orders"
So re order, return and repeat ad nauseum. WHY?
It is not a lack of strength as they are 100% at start and when I check. In the 50 times I have done this I have never seen them at 80%or lower.

lack of ORG. When ORG drops to "0", planes go back to base and abandon mission. Or after a severe defeat. They often come back and stop their mission.

Ah thanks, tested it and you are correct.
Pity they do not restart the mission after they recover.

I had a three brigade division and it had a combined arms bonus. I added a support unit to it and now I lost the combined arms bonus. How do I see what the "softness" rating of this new 4 brigade division is. Not the induvudual brigades, but all of them as a group? I might just add a fith brigade to it to get the combined arms back, but not sure how "soft" it would have to be to get my bonus back.

Thanks.

I had a three brigade division and it had a combined arms bonus. I added a support unit to it and now I lost the combined arms bonus. How do I see what the "softness" rating of this new 4 brigade division is. Not the induvudual brigades, but all of them as a group? I might just add a fith brigade to it to get the combined arms back, but not sure how "soft" it would have to be to get my bonus back.

Thanks.

make the desiered divison in the production menu, it lists the softness there, or average the softness from the unit cards