• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. I want register a game HoI 3 here in the forum, but there is a option to not show other players what I did?
I don't want to have these different signs in a signature, but access to the mods and support.

2. And few question about intelligence. These are minister traits[.
a)espionage_bonus = 0.05
b)counter_espionage = 0.1
c)counter_intelligence = 0.1
d)offmap_political_intel = 0.2
e)peace_offmap_intel = 0.1

What is the differences between a,b,c,d,e?
They are passive-->so when i have increase threat in enemy country,and raise NU in my country, i have some bonus to my mission,an extra defence versus enemy espionage? Or only when i use counterespionage mission,or active -> so i will got only extra political info with using political espionage mission?
Also these traits affect radar effectiveness?

a)lvl 10 radar
b)decryption /encryption
affect only what you and your enemy see , or all intelligence stuff too(like mission efficiency, counterspionage, etc.)

4 .Triggered modifiers:
Great army,navy and air force give to us leadership and organization regain. So the last bonus apply to all kind of forces?
So when i build a lot of militia as Japan(after china defeat) i can boost morale to all CAGs,and all ships by 15%? I think it can be a exploit...
great_army = {

trigger = {
total_amount_of_brigades = 800
}

global_leadership = 0.15
org_regain = 0.15
icon = 5
}

5. A troops without supply(both fuel,oil) have some extra attriction(or additional hidden every month desertion)?
Thank you for reply.

This is a noobish question that i'm almost ashamed to ask. The supply slider only has an effect on how many supplies are being produced right? Like if I have max supplies and I set the slider to zero it won't have any effect on my army will it? At least not until my stockpile runs out.

Yes,you can easily turn off supplies production for a while..

Exception for this is rare case-> when you have about 300 CV and 600 CAG:p

If you know when the war is going to start (for your country), you can even just turn off supplies entirely until a few months before. Units cannot consume supplies that do not exist, so you just have a bunch of units with no supply and no ORG sitting around while you divert the saved IC into more worthwhile projects.

You can also trade for supplies so you don't have to make any yourself. The Soviets and USA can both sell tons of resources and buy up a good chunk of supplies from countries needing cash. In many Soviet games, most of my supplies in 1941 say "Made in Japan" on them. :)

What is the effect of experience on combat (as in what modifiers get added to the fight or how does it influence the game? )

Experience of units -> gives a modifier to attack and defense. 1% exp = +1% to attack and + 1% to defense.

Expierience of leaders -> when tech gain 100 exp they raise their skill. 1 value of skill -> huge boost depends on position in command structure(for example -5% supply consumption or + 10% combat eff.).

Land,Naval,Air combat experience -> is a tech which increase when you fight in battle,and increase some tech research speed. Mainly doctrines but also crucial tech like supply,and education.

If you know when the war is going to start (for your country), you can even just turn off supplies entirely until a few months before. Units cannot consume supplies that do not exist, so you just have a bunch of units with no supply and no ORG sitting around while you divert the saved IC into more worthwhile projects.

You can also trade for supplies so you don't have to make any yourself. The Soviets and USA can both sell tons of resources and buy up a good chunk of supplies from countries needing cash. In many Soviet games, most of my supplies in 1941 say "Made in Japan" on them. :)

The irony is in my recent USSR game I built up my forces for a war with Germany. They didn't DOW, Japan did, in the spring of '42. I got owned. But hey, they can have fun walking through Siberia while I make up some ad-hoc corps of my best units.

be careful of that, i'm fairly sure the 3.06 beta has added STR loss if you fail to deliver supplies to out of ORG units.

So I take several wings of interceptors and set them to intercept mission over my home country (GER) to deflect any strategic bombing missions and I set them to continuous and they do a good job, but then after some time they stop their mission even though I never gave the order to stop. Why is that? They don't appear to have taken any serious ORG or strength hits, just after sometime they stop their mission.

Playing SF...

be careful of that, i'm fairly sure the 3.06 beta has added STR loss if you fail to deliver supplies to out of ORG units.

They'll get repaired eventually anyway. I'll spend that IC on the eve of war if I have to. I'd rather have more IC up front for building in 36 anyway.

But it does mean that getting surprised by an attack is worse.

Any idea why some of my panzer divisions are slogging along at 1kmph? They are supplied, fueled, within HQ range and the slowest unit in the division is ARM at 7kmph?

Edit: must have been the marsh outside of Amsterdam

Last edited:
I know that this is a really ignorant question, but how do you guys organize your air forces? Do you have separate interceptor, bomber, etc groups, or do you mix them? Also, how exactly do you tell your interceptors to target enemy bombers? For some reason, mine usually fly out and then never come back, and I can only assume they got destroyed.

I put them in wings of 4. IMO it's a good mix between efficiency loss (due to stacking penalty), durability and mobility. I don't mix bomber with int, it only increases the stacking penalty, making your air force less efficient. When Bomber get Intercepted, I make them leave the fight and send some INT.

When a hostile bombing starts, I send them in the targeted provinces with the order Intercept. Once most of the ennemy Air force is damaged, I use Air superiority over their air fields so my bomber / CAS can fly out without taking any damage.

I know that this is a really ignorant question, but how do you guys organize your air forces? Do you have separate interceptor, bomber, etc groups, or do you mix them? Also, how exactly do you tell your interceptors to target enemy bombers? For some reason, mine usually fly out and then never come back, and I can only assume they got destroyed.

seprate then into there types, e.g only INT or only TAC. difrent types fight differently and if they are mixed they pretty much take on the worse aspects of both

You should try to find out what is going on. Reduce game speed to 3 and pause once an air battle pops up. Click on it and you will see what the odds are and what is happening.

Usually, Int are not destroyed in a single mission, but maybe if single wings set on aggressive with full range setting are following the bombers up to Dover, they might run into problems...

Any idea why some of my panzer divisions are slogging along at 1kmph? They are supplied, fueled, within HQ range and the slowest unit in the division is ARM at 7kmph?

Edit: must have been the marsh outside of Amsterdam

Possibilities includes:

Terrain (marsh or mountains)
Mud weather
Snow weather
Supply problem
Interdiction air missions against your ARM