• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way to see all your current movement orders for your units? Like, seeing the moving arrow for all units at once so you don't have to select each division to see exactly where they are going.

Is there any way to see all your current movement orders for your units? Like, seeing the moving arrow for all units at once so you don't have to select each division to see exactly where they are going.

draw a selection box around them all from max zoom out, then zoom in? or "ctrl + click" on the theater and all units under get selected so they show up?

playing as nationalist spain (ftm, 3.05), are there any extra requirements to join the axis? Cause I've got my neutrality down enough, am aligned to the axis, but it's still impossible. This probably has something to do with the UK owning Gibraltar, right? Does it help if I declare war on them and take gibraltar?

I'm wondering about early research ... in some parts of the wiki it is said 200% malus , and 100% elsewhere ...
The tooltip in game does show with two years ahead , so the first one is without penalty?

Quick Question:

How do you cross the Suez Canal? I am axis Romania and have come down through turkey. My guys simply won't cross the canal. Is shows them moving across, and then they just stop. what gives?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of aircraft controls? When I open a wing it has several sliders, range, angle and come width all locked to low levels? How do these work? Also what are the icons right above the sliders?

There are four icons that define WHERE the wing is to perform the selected mission, from left to right: a single province, a group of provinces (region), a cone shaped area, a circular area. Right-clicking on a province has already defined the 'base' province for the mission area. When selecting single province, that is it, when selecting region you get the region the base province belongs to. When selecting one of the geometrical shapes, you need to increase the range slider to a sensible value, say between 50 and 200km.

Quick question! What's a good unit to add to a triangle of marines? Say 4 divisions to a corps, with two of the divisions being 3xMAR, 1xENG. What could I add to the other two to achieve a balance or more powerful soft attack?

Playing as Japan, in China and on the islands, not a lot of armor to fight.

Thanks!

Quick question! What's a good unit to add to a triangle of marines? Say 4 divisions to a corps, with two of the divisions being 3xMAR, 1xENG. What could I add to the other two to achieve a balance or more powerful soft attack?

Playing as Japan, in China and on the islands, not a lot of armor to fight.

Thanks!

On the continent you will need mainly standard infantry like 3Inf-Art, some mountaineers (3Mtn or 4Mtn) plus some quick divisions like 3Cav, or LArm-Mot-AC if you have the fuel. I cannot see what purpose the marines should serve apart from amphibious landings and fighting in jungle provinces, so that there should not be built too many of them.

As Japan I build 4xmarines. The fort modifier isn't important enough to warrant engineers in the east. I use the marines for all the islands including Indonesia and also Malaysia/Burma.

It used to be possible to sell equipment to your puppets (HoI2), as the USA I sold the Phillipean Navy some older DDs and subs, but I don't see that as an option in HoI3 is it gone or have I just missed it somewhere in the diplomatic options?

It used to be possible to sell equipment to your puppets (HoI2), as the USA I sold the Phillipean Navy some older DDs and subs, but I don't see that as an option in HoI3 is it gone or have I just missed it somewhere in the diplomatic options?

it isn't possible. you can use licenses though.
hoi3 is not hoi2.

Thank you, I figured as much but wasn't sure if I was maybe missing something. A license only matters if the AI requests one, and they have to have both the cash to buy it and the IC to build it. This was more a way I could boost the puppets armed forces with some of my older equipment or not so older even. I can only hope the price of it comes down when you are allied since as Canada, not in the allies, British equipment was exceptionally expensive to licence.

Last edited:
Thanks, Balou and Ksyr. I use the engineers for the movement bonus and to cross any rivers, etc. I think I will do the 4xMAR with a single 3xMAR, 1xENG attachment. I'm curious, though, if you add a regiment of cavalry or engineers to a division, does that increase the overall speed of that division?

Thanks, Balou and Ksyr. I use the engineers for the movement bonus and to cross any rivers, etc. I think I will do the 4xMAR with a single 3xMAR, 1xENG attachment. I'm curious, though, if you add a regiment of cavalry or engineers to a division, does that increase the overall speed of that division?
Yes and no. Armored cars will increase overall speed in the coming 3.06 patch. Engineers can reduce speed penalties in some types of terrain because their penalty is less than the other brigades in the division. I'm not sure if this wiki is up to date, but in the movement table you can see engineers have less penalty for movement than most other units. Their drawback is their need for fuel. http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Terrain

(..) I'm curious, though, if you add a regiment of cavalry or engineers to a division, does that increase the overall speed of that division?

The cavalry will not increase the overall speed of a division because the overall speed is the speed of the slowest brigade in the division, i.e. the minimum and not the average. As Ksyr said, the engineers have less movement penalties in rough terrain. Though the most important advantage of adding engineers is the reduction of time for river crossing! This can be further improved through researching Bridging Equipment up to date.