• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing germany and it seems that my allies can't go on my territory.
I'm currently in war against the soviets and only my puppets and those who have a frontier with them come to my help. Even if they are close.
When I loaded the game as the soviets, I could see many Italian or even portuguese divisions come and fight on the soviet frontier, so I guess there is something I'm doing wrong. But I couldn't see anything on the diplomatic screen for that.
I'm playing with hoi3/semper fi/ ftm gamersgate version patched 3.5.
Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad English.

I'm playing germany and it seems that my allies can't go on my territory.
I'm currently in war against the soviets and only my puppets and those who have a frontier with them come to my help. Even if they are close.
When I loaded the game as the soviets, I could see many Italian or even portuguese divisions come and fight on the soviet frontier, so I guess there is something I'm doing wrong. But I couldn't see anything on the diplomatic screen for that.
I'm playing with hoi3/semper fi/ ftm gamersgate version patched 3.5.
Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad English.

One possible solution is to use the "cheat bar"

Someone else will have to clarify the code but you can take over the AI countries and send their divisions to you as expeditionary force.

I think its "tag HUN" for example. That would give you control of Hungary...while playing Germany. Try it out.

A math question.

In an hypothetical situation where I have a skill 5 leader and all others are 0, and all divisions identical (suppose they are made of 3 INF). Where would I get the most "bang for my buck" in assigning that commander? As theater, group or army commander?

A math question.

In an hypothetical situation where I have a skill 5 leader and all others are 0, and all divisions identical (suppose they are made of 3 INF). Where would I get the most "bang for my buck" in assigning that commander? As theater, group or army commander?

put your highest skill commader always at a army group so that you can save supplies.

A math question.

Not 100% what comsubpac said but usually. Depends on your setup. As the USSR its best not to waste you highest men: Zhukov, Konev on AG. I like to use them best with Army commanders. Thats 25 potential divisions you could add 5+ org pts to. The USSR doesn't have supply or even IC issues for that matter. There biggest weakness is officers and org.

If you have to bust a serious province with a lot of defensive buffs (or are trying to hold one) use your guy as a divisional commander.

If your at peace...always use highest on AG.

You never use your highest at Corps or Theater level. Hope that helps.

As Germany or Japan invading Russia or China respectively. You absolutely use your high leaders in the AG supply. If supply is not an issue...use them as Army or divisional commanders.

Something weird happening in my UK game. Actually, 2 things.

1- First time I´ve played as them I raised Germany´s threat level to such astronomical values that in 1940 I didn´t need to use consumer goods AT ALL. Bug? WAD?

2- I really tried to get Sweden (tungsten is never too much versus Germany). Managed to get Sweden´s neutrality, relations and drift in a good enough situation that I can call them to the Allies (24 neutrality, more than 100 relations), but they won´t budge. Why? Will I have to increase party support and coup them?

So I'm playing as Sweden and I have annexed Norway, it's 1937 and now I have declared war against Denmark.

I'm trying to invade Denmark from Oslo and land my troops in Fredrikshavn. But when I select my transport boats and select the "Invasion" option, my boats just sit in Oslo being useless. I have my fleet positioned in Kattegat in order to keep my transports safe. But nobody does anything.

So why aren't my transport boats moving? Even if I select a place in Denmark without a harbour, they still won't move!

Anyone got an answer for this problem? :(

Anyone got an answer for this problem? :(
Have you loaded the troops onto the boats at all? Btw, I would recommend to manually walk the transports to the seazone you want to invade from, select the troops and give them the charge order. This has the advantage that the boats remain stationary, just in case you need a retreat path for your troops.

1- First time I´ve played as them I raised Germany´s threat level to such astronomical values that in 1940 I didn´t need to use consumer goods AT ALL. Bug? WAD?

2- I really tried to get Sweden (tungsten is never too much versus Germany). Managed to get Sweden´s neutrality, relations and drift in a good enough situation that I can call them to the Allies (24 neutrality, more than 100 relations), but they won´t budge. Why? Will I have to increase party support and coup them?

1- I observed the same. Seems to wad.
2- There is probably a hidden condition that prevents Sweden from joining a faction (does it still say 'impossible'?). For the tungsten, it does not matter: as long as they are close enough, they will provide their strategic ressources to the faction leader.

Have you loaded the troops onto the boats at all? Btw, I would recommend to manually walk the transports to the seazone you want to invade from, select the troops and give them the charge order. This has the advantage that the boats remain stationary, just in case you need a retreat path for your troops.

To add to this, there isn't much point to many naval orders other than cutting down micromanagement. Sortie, intercept, transport, and invasion can all be done manually with better control. Invasion is particularly useless.

1- I observed the same. Seems to wad.
2- There is probably a hidden condition that prevents Sweden from joining a faction (does it still say 'impossible'?). For the tungsten, it does not matter: as long as they are close enough, they will provide their strategic ressources to the faction leader.

Hm noticed that works with Norway too. Is the AI hard-coded to only join alliances when attacked?

Also, It took a while but I did get the tungsten from Sweden. However there seems to be more variables involved - the tungsten modifier only showed up on the Production time a long time after Sweden was closely aligned with me.

Hi,
I have HOI III patched to 1.4. Palying australia with politicians supplying -25 % for infantry, militia theory and practical.
I see the decrease of (0.75 * 2.5%) in the tech at the beginning of each month. That works fine.
Technology increase also appears to work fine.
What does not seem to be working correctly is the increase when new units are built. Both garrison and Infantry brigades should increase the skill by 0.2 for practical.
However when a division of 3 reserve infantry completes, it may increase by 0.6, sometimes down to only 0.1, never more than 0.6
Also see the same problem with 3 parallel builds of reserve garrison brigades.

I tried spreading them apart so they did not complete at the same time, seemed to be more consistent.

On monthly autosave, rerunning identically produces different increases in tech as the units complete.

Seemed to convince myself that running the game slower reduced the occurence of the problem, but not yet convinced this fixes it.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I did a bit of searching but could not see the topic discussed.

regards
Mike

Do any of the air techs benefit more than one plane type? In particular, do the Ground Attack Tactics and Forward Air Control techs in the CAS tech area provide any benefit to Fighter or Tactical Bomber ground attack missions?

So I'm playing as Sweden and I have annexed Norway, it's 1937 and now I have declared war against Denmark.

I'm trying to invade Denmark from Oslo and land my troops in Fredrikshavn. But when I select my transport boats and select the "Invasion" option, my boats just sit in Oslo being useless. I have my fleet positioned in Kattegat in order to keep my transports safe. But nobody does anything.

So why aren't my transport boats moving? Even if I select a place in Denmark without a harbour, they still won't move!

If you selected HQ with your ground units when you loaded your troops, the "invasion" won't work. HQ are considered non-combat unit and thus, the invasion option is not responding properly...

If you want HQ on board with your troops, you have to :

- load all your troops on boat
- select "move you fleet" and move it up to the sea zone next to the coastal province you want to invade
- manually select your ground troops on boat and order them to move into the coastal province

Did Spain have 2 wings of Strategic bombers in 1936? Link and source?

WAD. In FTM, neutrality is no longer a separate value, but always interacts with threat. By raising threat to astronomical levels, you are making it possible to reduce civilian goods consumption among the public because they are willing to make war-like sacrifices even without the war starting yet.

Also, remember, that you get the English Channel strategic effect, which also cuts consumer good demand as a benefit of you and France being in the Allies. Other countries, even with ridiculous threat, can't get those same results necessarily.

Probably. I've read their AI scripts in awhile, but they are one of the countries that has really specific conditions under which the AI refuses to join certain factions. Spain and Portugal have similar scripts (the Axis can't really get them into the faction as long as the UK is Allies and controls Gibraltar).