• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another question: I notice in some of the AARs that some units have "decorations" or "medals." Is that a modded feature or is that actually in-game and how do I get them?

Thanks.

Apart from "Pride of the Fleet", which is part of FTM, all other decorations are pure mod, as far as I know.

quick question

ok i just started this game with german and i want to conquer denmark. i raised their threat level by espionage and watched as the required neutrality to declare war increased. now that i have enough nuetrality to declare war, the declare war button is still gray:/.

our threat to them: 2.00
their threat to us: 13.60
their nuetrality 88%
our nuetrality: 46%/58%

Last edited:
Decided I would try suppression.
Is it possible to use a single MP brigade in a province for suppression and will it work just fine?
Will one MP brigade reduce all dissent activity (totalitarian) or do I need 2 (or more)?
Do MPs affect dissent of surrounding provinces like hoi2?
There's no specific counter-dissent mission right - I just leave them there?

it hinders them.

Serious? I always thought it helps. Can you explain the mechanics behind this a bit? Also, is it a similar case for mountaineers?

What happens if from 1936 on you let your army run out of supplies and only produce new ones a few months before Danzig ? I know that units out of supplies will loose their org, but that's not a problem as long as you are not at war.

What happens if from 1936 on you let your army run out of supplies and only produce new ones a few months before Danzig ? I know that units out of supplies will loose their org, but that's not a problem as long as you are not at war.

I believe the attrition goes up too. I'm not sure if I'm remembering something from HOI2 or 3 but with one or both of them you would start gaining dissent, for not keeping your army supplied

Originally Posted by Mahrabal
Does adding ENG to MAR help or hinder them in amphibious assaults?

it hinders them.

Heu.. can you explain ? When I click on a ENG brigade, it says +100% for amphibious assault. So, how would it hinders? Because you would have 3 MAR + 1 ENG instead of 4 MAR ? or is there something else ?

What does "Ftr" mean in the technology screen (under "Fighter" tab)? And "Int F" stands for interceptor, right? If so, then why there's a "F" at the end?

What does "Ftr" mean in the technology screen (under "Fighter" tab)? And "Int F" stands for interceptor, right? If so, then why there's a "F" at the end?

INT = Interceptor
FTR = Fighter or multirole

Why does great Britain insist on surrendering to Japan? I'm playing as Germany and after I take London the UK capitulates, but always to the Japs.

Who has taken more UK VPs? You or Japan? Who's taken more territory?

Did you take Gibraltar and Egypt first, to increase your VP score?

When does researched tech take effect?

(1) The tech that is completed when the unit is first queued. Therefore, even if you complete relevant naval tech during a two year battleship build, it will not be applied.

(2) The tech that is in effect when the unit is finished and delivered. Any tech you complete while the unit is being "built" will be applied so long as it's completed BEFORE your unit is delivered.

Assuming I'm building a 19 month carrier. Can I work on tech during that nineteen months and have it apply to the carrier being built? This seems a huge planning issue to me.