• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi,

I have a gameplay question.

Somehow I attached some arty & eng brigades to corp HQ's. I think I was assuming the corp HQ would apply it to combats that it's divisions are involved in, but I've tried to look this up in the rules and don't find any such mechanic.... So 2 questions:
1) Does it do any good to have these bdes at corps? Or should they only be attached to combat divisions?
2) How can you unattach from a corp HQ? The "create new unit" button seems likely but for some reason when I select a corp it is greyed out so I can't seem to get the bdes away from the corp HQ.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a gameplay question.

Somehow I attached some arty & eng brigades to corp HQ's. I think I was assuming the corp HQ would apply it to combats that it's divisions are involved in, but I've tried to look this up in the rules and don't find any such mechanic.... So 2 questions:
1) Does it do any good to have these bdes at corps? Or should they only be attached to combat divisions?
2) How can you unattach from a corp HQ? The "create new unit" button seems likely but for some reason when I select a corp it is greyed out so I can't seem to get the bdes away from the corp HQ.

Thanks
1. Only if the HQ gets involved in combat, but no the modifiers of a support brigade do not trickle down

2.You have to attach a main brigade to the HQ to be able to split it (and the support brigades) to another "division"

The Greek manpower in the 1936 scenario is not even enough to fully mobilize their starting army.

The Greek manpower in 1938, on the other hand, gives them nearly 200 extra, making IC rather than MP the limitor for their expansion.

Is there an explanation for this disparity?

Don't think so. The different countries aren't ballanced from one scenario to the other. I know that the French and German Armies are about the same size in the 36 and 38 scenario, like they both didn't build a single brigade in two years.

How do people in AARs get the maps styled like this one? I know most don't have the chicken scratch arrows and stuff but I've seen this type of map across the board and wonder if it's generated from the game somehow.

HOI3ItalianMapUpd1.jpg

F12 or F11

F11 is screen-shot, F12 is (usually) World Map.

Does a division break when one of it's brigades reaches 0 Org or when all brigades reach 0 Org?

When the average ORG of the whole Division drops below 5 points, IIRC.

So a Division composed of three Regiments with ORG of 7, 5 and 2 would break and withdraw.

Always wanted to ask this but always forgot.

If you end up in a situation where a lot of your units don't have leaders assigned to them (let's say after the great purge as SOV), is there a way to automatically have the game assign leaders to all of them?

Thanks, but I need just a little more clarification. Where and what will it save this as?

There is a folder called "Screenshots" in your install directory. Saved as .bmp's.

The Greek manpower in the 1936 scenario is not even enough to fully mobilize their starting army.

The Greek manpower in 1938, on the other hand, gives them nearly 200 extra, making IC rather than MP the limitor for their expansion.

Greece historically mobilized about 400000 men. The '39 scenario makes this possible with appropriate starting MPwhich makes for about 350 considering you disbanded all your divisions. However with the starting MP of the '36 even with Prepare for war and max agriculture reaserch you cannot reach higher than 250 in total by 1941. And you have like 180 without prepare for war. Don't really know why :/

It's the same for pretty much all nations.

Loading a later scenario most nations (including Germany and Soviet) will have much more manpower in the pool + deployed then is possible to get from a 1936 start.

Does joining any faction affect your neutrality or just the Axis? Or did I just answer my own question?

Re: Upgrading units (via techs / upgrade slider)

Assuming I have a starting infantry division without any upgraded techs, if I lock the upgrade slider for a few years, researching a few levels of techs in the meantime, what will happen when I unlock the slider? Will the infantry upgrade each tech incrementally (level 1, level 2, and so on) or will the upgrade go directly to the highest level tech? Assuming the upgrade is still one step, will the IC cost include the "skipped" levels?

Sorry if this was asked before, I searched as best I could, but maybe that's not enough. Thanks!

It upgrades step-by-step... but the last time I checked, upgrading to an already-obsolete tech level was given a time/cost discount.