• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to the guys on my last question.

can i just check BB research i.e. engines/armaments etc do they have any effect on Super BB? maybe only AA?

related Q.does anyone have a complete list of which research results in upgradeable i.e ship engines? I have noted the the text which sometimes states you upgrade or alternatively build better weapons -is that correct

ALSO calculating the conversion factors from energy to crude to fuel and assuming all countries give the same quantaties for the same money! then am I right then buying energy to convert to fuel (eventually ) IS BETTER? rather than buying crude or fuel as jap

ALSO joining as jap the axis early '37 find it not poss. to buy weapon license from germen or italy

ALSO is there any benefit in attaching naval units to HQ's ( and air units?) / aLSO how do I do shore bombardment

Also air mission s if you simply put the range at the max. allowed is there a danger of flying out range?

chee5rs

thanks

Last edited:
geezafrom

speaking for HO2 and asuming I am right trickster means that assuming yoou have sent up the command structure correctly then the chances of the commands units when in battle will have a higher chance of having an advangteous event such as ambushing ( maybe also means that enemy as less chance of spotting you in intel or a bomber choosing to attack that unit

Does that have an effect? What is the effect? See this is the kind of thing I am trying to find out. What are the rules of the game? But I apologize for polluting this thread as it's supposed to be "quick" answers to quick questions, I did not realize really that NO one knows how it actually works.
The game mirrors history for the USA threat assessment. As to the specifics: we only know the general things as you point out. A lot of diplomacy + intel is based upon general knowledge rather than specific details: we play with general guidelines while the game handles the specifics of threat assessment or faction alignment. For example, going the other way, as Germany if you avoid inviting Japan into the Axis before finishing a Barbarossa, you find that Japan can not be invited into the Axis as Germany's threat is too high. With a long term application of diplomatic influence + trades, eventually Japan can enter the Axis faction, but exactly what the tipping point is for that is a mystery to players.

We do know that from experience that in a 1936 start the USA can lower it's neutrality to enter the European war without a Japanese attack. If you want more specific information about the USA entering the Allies in a 1939 start, start a new thread and put that in the title of the thread rather than burying it somewhere else. Maybe someone else has already encountered this specific problem and can give you more specific advice when there is no general knowledge that addresses your specific problem. Good luck with that.

It's cool; my own testing and this thread has shown that a) US entry is busted in 1939 start, b) no one knows how it works.

I'll be applying my own fix. BTW did you know that USA can declare war on Germany using high Soviet threat? High Soviet threat allows the UK to invite the USA to faction (or USA ask to join faction) thus getting them in the war. So all you need is a Soviet player who is willing to collude by declaring war on say Persia, Afghanistan and Sinkiang (each one generating 30 threat to the US!!), which it can do immeidately after the Winter War decision, and bingo the US is in the war Oct 1939. Oops. This can be done using a comonwealth country also.

Thanks to the guys on my last question.

can i just check BB research i.e. engines/armaments etc do they have any effect on Super BB? maybe only AA?

related Q.does anyone have a complete list of which research results in upgradeable i.e ship engines? I have noted the the text which sometimes states you upgrade or alternatively build better weapons -is that correct

ALSO calculating the conversion factors from energy to crude to fuel and assuming all countries give the same quantaties for the same money! then am I right then buying energy to convert to fuel (eventually ) IS BETTER? rather than buying crude or fuel as jap

ALSO joining as jap the axis early '37 find it not poss. to buy weapon license from germen or italy

ALSO is there any benefit in attaching naval units to HQ's ( and air units?) / aLSO how do I do shore bombardment

Also air mission s if you simply put the range at the max. allowed is there a danger of flying out range?

chee5rs

thanks

shore bombardment happens automaticly if you have ships capable of bombardment on a sea area next to a land battle it shows up as a modifier on that battle
Planes cant fly out of range on a mission

There is probably an answer to this somewhere but I admit I'm too lazy to look and that's what this thread is for:

Does increasing infrastructure and/or IC in a province also increase the amount of resources you can extract from it?

There is probably an answer to this somewhere but I admit I'm too lazy to look and that's what this thread is for:

Does increasing infrastructure and/or IC in a province also increase the amount of resources you can extract from it?
no

@ isegrimm

The rate of conversion from energy to oil doesn't depend on your stockpile (how many energy you actually have), but on your IC (plus modifiers). Right now I can't remember the exact number, I think it's 1/2 of your available IC so if you have 100 IC, you'll waste 50 energy to convert it to oil. The problem is that at the same time, from the amount you convert only 1/10 of it is transformed to oil. i.e. if you convert 50 energy you gain 5 oil and the rest is wasted (again, this can be changed by modifiers)

So, short answer no. The best you can do is buy oil (or fuel, I don't think it makes any difference, cause the convertion oil fuel is a perfect 1/1).

In the naval-air HQs attachment thing. You should attach it to the theatre HQ and only to that level.Why? Because on any other levels you can only have 5 subordinates max and you will want to focus on land forces. But the advantage of putting naval or air units under theatre hqs are:

- you gain the benefits the commander of the theatre gives to all its subordinates (for example, for a level 4 skill commander you gain a -4% stacking penalty, plus any beneficial traits he has)

- you can set hqs to be controlled by the AI, so if you attach them to an hq, you can give some basic instructions and let the AI perform the naval-air missions for you (if you have the units unattached you can't do this.

- historically I believe naval and air forces (specially the second) were attached to a theatre. For example: the russian STAVKA (theatre of operations who fought in the russian western front against the Germans) had air units attached, the far eastern theatre had others, etc. If you distribute your air assets between your different theatres then you'll have an easy time localizing all of them. This is very useful with large countries with lot of theatres and ground to cover like Soviet Union.

In the naval-air HQs attachment thing. You should attach it to the theatre HQ and only to that level.Why? Because on any other levels you can only have 5 subordinates max and you will want to focus on land forces.
Wrong. Naval + air attachments to HQ are unlimited. Pre war you should attach to Army Groups or even lower HQ with LW due to supply savings: this is very important for bombers which daily use a lot of supplies even in peacetime. At war, you can probably best attach to Army Groups due to their longer range.

For Operation Barbarossa, what are the advantages of larger encirclement (lots of provinces) over smaller encirclement other then the obv capturing more divisions. Is it better to do smaller encirclements?

I started a new game with the “arcade” option for supply(I’m still learning the whole system and wanted an “easier” game for a change…).

Question: do the AI nations now have the same advantage as me? Or are they using the normal supply system? I ask because they are still setting up convoys that I can attack.

Thanks! :)

I started a new game with the “arcade” option for supply(I’m still learning the whole system and wanted an “easier” game for a change…).

Question: do the AI nations now have the same advantage as me? Or are they using the normal supply system? I ask because they are still setting up convoys that I can attack.

Thanks! :)

never used it but you still need convoys and yes the AI has the same "advantage" then you but better learn the game from the beginning with the real supply system it is not that bad.

never used it but you still need convoys and yes the AI has the same "advantage" then you but better learn the game from the beginning with the real supply system it is not that bad.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe a stupid question but if supplies are directly taken from the national stockpile (in arcade mode) why would I still need convoys?
Oh and I tried a few games on normal but got frustrated with running completely out of supply’s as Germany in Norway/Russia despite having all my techs up to date, leaders and ministers with the right traits and no ships blocking anything…

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe a stupid question but if supplies are directly taken from the national stockpile (in arcade mode) why would I still need convoys?
Oh and I tried a few games on normal but got frustrated with running completely out of supply’s as Germany in Norway/Russia despite having all my techs up to date, leaders and ministers with the right traits and no ships blocking anything…

i am not sure but i think i remember something about trades and oversea supply but i never used it myself.

when you run out of supply in russia your army is simply too big.

i am not sure but i think i remember something about trades and oversea supply but i never used it myself.

when you run out of supply in russia your army is simply too big.

I am not an expert and I Know this is not going to be helpful but I would like to point out that in the real war the germans had the same problem - Russia especially at that time simply did not have the infrastructure (certainly considering the 'roads'). So perhaps even with the most efficient and effective supply/logistic organization this cannot be remedied. The advice that your army is simply too big puts me in mind of the german general Mainsteins' ( the expert in panzer warfare ) advice - that he thought it better to have smaller but more 'concentrated/balanced' panzer divisions since that otherwise the overall effect was simply to create traffic jams and reduce 'the bang for the buck'. Perhaps a part solution would be to implement the proposed german strategy of having 'hungry' infantry divisions reserved at urban centres where they can be resupplied more easily and smaller more effective mobile armoured groups dashing about as required?

A second possible strategy but I do not know if this would work and it is a longer term possible solution, would be to build up infrastructure along corriders from the west.