• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The cavalry will not increase the overall speed of a division because the overall speed is the speed of the slowest brigade in the division, i.e. the minimum and not the average. As Ksyr said, the engineers have less movement penalties in rough terrain. Though the most important advantage of adding engineers is the reduction of time for river crossing! This can be further improved through researching Bridging Equipment up to date.
Not nececerely, since the brigade can have a movement bonus.

One last question? How do I go about editing manpower? I'd like to fiddle around with manpower for various countries. Not just starting manpower but monthly gains and what not. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

One last question? How do I go about editing manpower? I'd like to fiddle around with manpower for various countries. Not just starting manpower but monthly gains and what not. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

that can be done several ways. events, moddifiers, savegame editing, changing province values.
take a look at the mod forum though.

Playing SF....

Is there a way to turn off which notifications I receive and which I don't? I don't want to have to click the box away every 2 seconds when a convoy is sunk either by me or someone else...

Why does Automotive Industry strat. resource say 'build time +15%? Shouldn't it be -15? I'm on FtM 3.05.

Playing SF....

Is there a way to turn off which notifications I receive and which I don't? I don't want to have to click the box away every 2 seconds when a convoy is sunk either by me or someone else...

I'm not sure about SF, but I think you can right click a notification pop up to get options.

Tooltip is where I noticed it. Is it just the tooltip, or it actually is bugged as a feature? It is UBYY for me.

Would simply editing the file work? Also, if I patch up to the 3.06, would I have to start the game anew?

1) In FTM, where can I see where a GiE is located, and will encircling a capital prevent the government from escaping?
2) Is it a waste of IC to upgrade your troops when not at/going to war? Say I build some LA in 1936 without upgrading it and unlock light tank engine 1 and 2, will it upgrade to 2 immediately or will it first upgrade to 1, then to 2?
3) Is there a way to quickly select all units under a certain HQ with a hotkey or some sort?

1. GiE is always located in faction leader country(UK,ENG or SOV) . You can see in diplomacy screen . And encircling a capital don't prevent to form GiE

2. Depends in situation. Upgrading units (espiecially AIR/NAV) is time consuming. So if you start upgrade them too late,they can be outdated compared to enemy,and take more casaulties.

Nevertheless upgrading units from lvl 1 to 3 is cheaper,than upgrading units 1 to 2 ,and 2 to 3(despite the fact that you can upgrade lvl by 1,so no skipping from PzkfW 1 to Panther). So if properly planned you can gain modern units in small price:)

3. By supraliminal
Yes there is (which as a relative HOI newb was a magical discovery for me). When you select an HQ, there is a menu that shows all immediately inferior units in the leadership tree. Right at the upper left of said menu is a little black triangle. Click on the triangle, and you select all units under the command of the selected HQ.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?481707-How-to-move-all-the-units-under-a-HQ

Last edited:
I've decided to play a game as Mexico. I've made good progress building up my IC and I've joined the Allies.

What is the best way for me to assist the Allies against the Axis?

I was thinking of making groups of Heavy Cruisers and Light Cruisers to harass the Germans with the MIGHTY MEXICAN NAVY.
What fleets would you make on a tight budget of IC and Leadership and should I go East to the German front or head West to confront Japan?

Also, if naval engagements aren't the best idea, what should I do instead? Paratroopers?

I've decided to play a game as Mexico. I've made good progress building up my IC and I've joined the Allies.

What is the best way for me to assist the Allies against the Axis?

I was thinking of making groups of Heavy Cruisers and Light Cruisers to harass the Germans with the MIGHTY MEXICAN NAVY.
What fleets would you make on a tight budget of IC and Leadership and should I go East to the German front or head West to confront Japan?

Also, if naval engagements aren't the best idea, what should I do instead? Paratroopers?

Two ways come in mind to me.

Naval with Covoy Raiding and or Anti-submarine warfare.
Air Force with air missions. I like this one the most since because you basically can rebase air anywhere in the world you want fairly quickly. Also once you base somewhere outside of Mexico, you are no longer relying on Your own supply.

I know these are not very galmorous, but these mission types are normally always needed and you will never be in lack of targets.

As Mexico, I wouldn't bother with naval stuff unless you are prepared to play with Japan in the Pacific. The UK and USA will have the Atlantic covered fairly well.

However, since Japan is a major naval power, your fleet of CAs/CLs will be seriously threatened by Japan's CTFs. On the other hand, since all you will be doing is micromanaging those ships, you might be able to inflict some serious damage on Japanese shipping if the Allies have some decent naval bases near Japanese shipping lanes.