• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im playing as usa and i have been trying to help britain in north africa and india, but when i send units over there they don't get supplies which makes them useless because they can't move, is there anything i can do to stop this.

This is a GREAT thread! Thanks for starting it.

Here are some of my questions:
Playing as the UK...it's spring of '38 and I have begun full mobilization (sorry for the Yank spelling :p)
1) How do I get "control" of some of the Australian and/or New Zealand forces? They fought in Egypt and it sure would be nice to have a couple of divisions/Corps attached to my "North Africa Command". Do I have to ask them to "Send an Expeditionary Force" or is that only for me to offer to France?

2) How do I get "rid" of Stanley Baldwin as PM? His IC drain sucks and would like to replace him with Winston. Certaintly not Neville Chamberlain. The Conservative Party has maxed out organization and holds 37% of the popularity (and growing). Do I have to wait for the election on New Year's '40. Conservatives should win and Baldwin would remain PM...grrrrr

Japan has conquered Natl. China and most of the other Chinese factions.:eek: How bad is this invasion of Burma/India/Malaysia going to be? (Part of the reason why I would like to get some Australian/Kiwi troops to help out - we ARE a Commonwealth after all...)

Thanks and I love the discussion about the Combined Arms/fighter discussions...anyone have insights on a navy?

WK

This is a GREAT thread! Thanks for starting it.

Here are some of my questions:
Playing as the UK...it's spring of '38 and I have begun full mobilization (sorry for the Yank spelling :p)
1) How do I get "control" of some of the Australian and/or New Zealand forces? They fought in Egypt and it sure would be nice to have a couple of divisions/Corps attached to my "North Africa Command". Do I have to ask them to "Send an Expeditionary Force" or is that only for me to offer to France?

2) How do I get "rid" of Stanley Baldwin as PM? His IC drain sucks and would like to replace him with Winston. Certaintly not Neville Chamberlain. The Conservative Party has maxed out organization and holds 37% of the popularity (and growing). Do I have to wait for the election on New Year's '40. Conservatives should win and Baldwin would remain PM...grrrrr

Japan has conquered Natl. China and most of the other Chinese factions.:eek: How bad is this invasion of Burma/India/Malaysia going to be? (Part of the reason why I would like to get some Australian/Kiwi troops to help out - we ARE a Commonwealth after all...)

Thanks and I love the discussion about the Combined Arms/fighter discussions...anyone have insights on a navy?

WK

the short answer to your questions is: play 2.04e.

Im playing as usa and i have been trying to help britain in north africa and india, but when i send units over there they don't get supplies which makes them useless because they can't move, is there anything i can do to stop this.
im using patch 2.04d but if i download patch 2.04e will it help with the problem above

im using patch 2.04d but if i download patch 2.04e will it help with the problem above

most likely not but you have to register first anyway. the most important thing 2.04e fixes are that the AI does sign alliances when it shouldn't be able to which can cause big problems when the war starts.
you most likely sent simply to much in that area. GB has to be able to supply them and north africa is not actually known for a good infrastructure. you can help them more when you hunt down the hostile navies and when you bomb the enemy. (or invade europe).

most likely not but you have to register first anyway. the most important thing 2.04e fixes are that the AI does sign alliances when it shouldn't be able to which can cause big problems when the war starts.
you most likely sent simply to much in that area. GB has to be able to supply them and north africa is not actually known for a good infrastructure. you can help them more when you hunt down the hostile navies and when you bomb the enemy. (or invade europe).
yeah i thought the infrastructure might be the problem in africa it was just annoying when it happened in india which i thought had good infrastruture and i only sent one division over. I think i will have to try other strategies

Are you giving the unit to your ally as an Expeditionary Force (via the Diplo menu)? That would ensure that the ally includes the unit in its supply-draw calculations, and sends enough supply over to feed it. This assumes that the ally hasn't lost all of their convoys, in which case there ISN'T any way to supply the unit.

You might be better off opening your own combat Theatre, which would allow you to ship in supply yourself.

I have a question: does the game end at one point? I mean, I've conquered almost all of Europe (Germany and Italy refuse to surrender though) and I'm like in august 1945. I've fulfilled 13 of the 15 victory conditions for the allies (the 2 I don't have are conquer Japan and have 1 soviet union province), but at one point the game asked me if I wanted to resign cause I've already fulfill all the conditions. I told him yes and the only screen I see is like when you resign, the only difference is that above is written : Social democracy rules or something like that (prior it was Operational Victory). If I tell him no I guess I keep playing till I fulfill the 15 conditions or till 1.1.1948? Are there any special screens telling you congratulations or something like that? :D I mean, I don't think it's realistic to have Hitler and Mussolini in exile ala Bin Laden hiden in some caves. I'm gonna try conquer Japan but I guess that is not gonna make them surrender. And conquering all axis countries would? Or they will keep being hidden...

I don't get why the game is that unrealistic in that sense. Hitler and Mussolini should have surrendered long ago. USA should do his thing with Japan and they should surrender also. And there should be a message telling you so, like Democracy has prevailed congratulations or something like that...

This is for blue emu, with regards to the Semper Fi expansion: Does this expansion allow for Expeditionary Forces by my Allies TO me (Australia, New Zealand and South Africa...), and does this allow for a change of PM from Baldwin to someone else (like Churchill)?

Okay comsubpac, I'll bite: How does the expansion allow what I am trying to do? Namely, how do "Allies" assist each other in this game? If they don't, how do I (in a single player game) coordinate Grand Strategy with Allies? And this is with small Allies, I can only imagine how dysfunctional the Grand Alliance will be if the UK and US cannot come to some form of Operational and Strategic Strategy agreement - that is assuming that the UK is still around (and I have to start over).

bottom line is, what is my motivation to get SF, other than to provide Paradox some more money? (not that it isn't well-deserved. This IS a great game!)

WK

Okay comsubpac, I'll bite: How does the expansion allow what I am trying to do? Namely, how do "Allies" assist each other in this game? If they don't, how do I (in a single player game) coordinate Grand Strategy with Allies? And this is with small Allies, I can only imagine how dysfunctional the Grand Alliance will be if the UK and US cannot come to some form of Operational and Strategic Strategy agreement - that is assuming that the UK is still around (and I have to start over).

bottom line is, what is my motivation to get SF, other than to provide Paradox some more money? (not that it isn't well-deserved. This IS a great game!)

WK

you can set allied objectives and you can "ask" for expeditionary forces.

What are the requirements for Soviet to get the Bessarabia regions? It is early june 1941 and they still haven't taken them. Romania is unaligned.

Might it be because I didn't sign the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact with the Soviets?

Can't find the decision on the wiki either (http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Decisions)
that might be because thats the EU3 wiki....