• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What determines where the AI stockpiles supplies overseas? For example as the UK after conquering up to Tripoli...Tripoli became the "stockpile". Everything in Africa is now "supplied from Tripoli".

This is obviously not good as now my supplies have to trek across Africa to get to Egypt, etc. Supplies are still being sent to other ports but Tripoli now has 50,000 supplies. Meanwhile troops in Africa are out of supplies...

For what its worth I'm playing the latest version of August Storm, not sure if its related.

Don't know how the game "decide" to select onoe province or another for stockpiling.

But, you can force the nahd of the game by cancelling that convoys and replace it with the one you want... by mico managing the supply lines yourself. The supply will then flow form that new point.

How do you get your allies to give you troops as an expeditionary force. I'm playing a game as Germany (first one controlling most of my armies) and want to be able to utilize Romanian and Italian armies which are currently playing tiddlywinks. I remember reading somewhere that you can assign your allies a location and they'll send troops there, but I can not seem to find the buttom that controls this.

Thanks!

How do you get your allies to give you troops as an expeditionary force. I'm playing a game as Germany (first one controlling most of my armies) and want to be able to utilize Romanian and Italian armies which are currently playing tiddlywinks. I remember reading somewhere that you can assign your allies a location and they'll send troops there, but I can not seem to find the buttom that controls this.

Thanks!

set an allied objective into your own territory. more information in the manual.

Thanks!
It's the little right-facing arrow at the bottom-right of the province display. Clicking this brings up a list of available allies; from there you can direct your pals to attack/defend certain locations. I think the AI will occasionally send you Expeditionary Forces if you leave an Allied Objective in territory that you control, but this may or may not be a factor.

Questions!:
1. Playing as Soviet Union, declared war on Manchu/Japan after they Marco Polo Bridge-ed Shanxi and brought in the two Chinas (one of whom I had guaranteed/attempting to "sphere"). Manchukuo, with massive support from Japan, nonetheless gets caned hard by Shanxi (and a little bit from Nat' China), but I am first to Harbin. This forces Man' to go GiE/surrender, but in spite of not assigning any kind of wargoal against them (that I can see), Shanxi claims all of the remaining territories that were still in Manchu' hands at their surrender. I set a Conquer wargoal against Manchukuo at the commencement of hostilities.
So,
Why does Shanxi get all of Manchukuo's territory?
and
How can I take it for myself (preferably without enraging the Allies, who are influencing them)?

2. I'm influencing Sinkiang into the Comintern. The tooltip over the "offer alliance" button explained that I had to reduce my own neutrality relative to threat, but once I hit the threshold, the requirement shot up again, saying I had to wait until their neutrality came down below 25 (from ~40). Is this a bug?
and
Is there a better way to encourage nations to ally with you/join your faction? I've figured out how to manage drift with relation scores, threat, guarantees etc., but once I've got a nation into my "corner", there seems to be no way I can help bring down their neutrality (raising the threat against them appears to have no effect). For example, Communist China is at war with Japan, and shows no sign of ever wanting to team with me... in fact, they're drifting towards the Axis (which already includes Japan) because of the alignment penalty for already being to closely aligned to me. C'est ridicule!

3. What makes a good counter to CVs? I'm up against the IJN, and they have loads of them...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Playing as Germany using Diday Ice mod.

My question is rather simple, and I think I know the answer to it but I just want to make sure.

Essentially, I've just recently researched tech to get the upgraded versions of the Medium Tanks, resulting in my Panzer IV's turning into the Panther tank. So any new tank I build will always be a Panther in addition to any existing Panzer IV will be upgraded to a Panther if I have it set to upgrade.

My question is, is there any way for me to have the option to continue building Panzer IV's in addition to having Panthers? I know historically the Panther was designed to replace the IV but they were built fewer in numbers and I would like to know if there is some way to continue building previous models.

Cheers!

Playing as Germany using Diday Ice mod.

My question is rather simple, and I think I know the answer to it but I just want to make sure.

Essentially, I've just recently researched tech to get the upgraded versions of the Medium Tanks, resulting in my Panzer IV's turning into the Panther tank. So any new tank I build will always be a Panther in addition to any existing Panzer IV will be upgraded to a Panther if I have it set to upgrade.

My question is, is there any way for me to have the option to continue building Panzer IV's in addition to having Panthers? I know historically the Panther was designed to replace the IV but they were built fewer in numbers and I would like to know if there is some way to continue building previous models.

Cheers!

the model name is nothing more then a name. just pretend the other tanks are still used. important is only what techs you have. no, you cannot build older models and it wouldn't make sense anyway since they would simply be upgraded once deployed.

xydonus agreat point I would like the option of building certain (in some cases obsolete) models and this would be a case in point. To the best of my knowledge once the upgrade has been made thats it and thats what you build. It is the same for all countries however and the AI will only build the latest.
This I guess is supposed to simulate the continuous improvement of, in this case tanks, models including upgrades within the previous marks as well. Memory and process limitations.

Thanks, but I have checked that before, so I know the code (it's: debug fow). But I'm asking, where and when to use it. Do you have to press a key to get to a window or something where you can write the code? I tried typing the code directly while playing, but nothing happened.
On Euro keyboards, I believe the default keybind for the message box is tilde (` / ¬ / ¦), usually located to the left of the first numeral key (along the top, not on the numpad) and below Escape.
Type any cheat commands into that dialogue box, hit enter, and you should see a confirmation message displayed (I think). Good for toggles where no change is immediately apparent, e.g. for knowing whether you've accidentally left "yesmen" or the equivalent running.

1. In serial runs, does each finished division automatically give practical bonuses to the subsequent items in that same serial production run, or do they need to be cancelled and restarted to gain them?

2. What do the two numbers mean on the bottom of counters?

3. Do engineer brigades give the bonus of quicker repairs to armour/mech and/or infrastructure in a province?

4. Are garrisons like in hoi2 in that they could not attack another province (ie. occupied by partisans)

5. I find that shift/crl dont work for some things to speed by the slider, like production and leadership sliders. Is there another hotkey for these?

6. When new technology is researched that effects serial production queues, do they need to be restarted to build the updated brigades or will it happen automatically for all future brigades in serial queues?

Last edited:
1. Practical boni are applied automatically. The cost of an item in the queue is flexible, it can change over time (e.g. if it takes over a month, the daily IC cost can increase as practicals decay, but if a related item is finished, the cost will decrease as the practical takes a boost).

2. I have no earthly idea. I hope someone else does :D

3. Nope (at least, none that I am aware of!). Engineers are simply for attaching to other divisions (usually INF) to increase or decrease terrain effects (makes crossing rivers, defending cities easier, for starters)

4. Garrisons can attack, but they're not very well-suited to the role (poor Toughness and being probably the slowest-moving unit in the game)

5. I'm not sure I understand the question. When using the sliders, I generally just lock some to the required amount and manually allocate the rest.

6. I'm not sure, but it seems likely that even the next one in the queue will be built to the spec given before more recent research was completed. You could cancel the build and restart it if not too far along (I'd wait for the item in-progress to complete), or you could just bite the bullet and let it finish and pay the upgrade cost (time and IC).

Thanks buddy. With 5), lets say in the production screen you want to build 99 serial convoys. I can't get to the 99 quickly using shift or control, I have to wait for it to increase 1 by 1 as I hold the plus. Is there a wa yof moving it quicker?

2. What do the two numbers mean on the bottom of counters?

it gives a rough idea of the attack and defend abilites of the unit, so 9-9 is awsome 0-0 is shit, it dosn't take into acount any terrain affects so its just based off the production screen vaules

EDIT: left is attack, right is defence e.g a unit 9-5 is better on attack then defence

1. Is it no longer possible/relevant to annex countries? (since hoi2).

2. What do war goals mean (or rather do) when you dow a country?

3. How does upgrading ships compar eto hoi2

4. If you attack from an allied province, do you get the conquered province or does the ally?

5. As Germany, why does danzig have partisan activity - isnt it meant to be a core?

6. Playing as majors, do you need to do something to get your allies to do stuff? I'm playing as Germany, 1941, and Italy has not done anything in Africa or anywhere else?

Last edited: