• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright, thanks. In that case, how do you get substantially more leadership (without cheating)?
I think you're pretty much obliged to make do with what you've got, and research Industry: Education improvements. There might be some ministers that give boosts to leadership, and you can increase education spending via the politics screen, assuming you're not already at the maximum.

You also can't give Transnistria to Romania after the bitter peace and you are complaining about something a country didn't even had the chance to try. That's not forgetfulness, they just don't give you every ahistorical outcome and leave that part to the modding community.
So it's not forgetfulness, yet you cite an example of something else that did happen, yet is not implemented. I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning, and I don't believe that something not happening in history makes giving the option of doing it in a game completely "ahistorical". Afaik, Greece didn't attack Bulgaria in 1938 and force it to become a puppet state, yet this can be acheived in-game; likewise, it's entirely possible for me to fight Persia for control of part of its Russian border, although to my (limited) knowledge, this was never considered a realistic goal... yet fighting Turkey, e.g. for control of "traditional" Greek territories is verboten? Certainly before Italy declared war after annexing Albania, there must have been some figures—irridendist thinkers, politicians, generals, etc.—who quite fancied Metaxas's idea of a "Third Hellenic Civilisation", and but for more pressing matters, might have attempted to push Greece into war with Ataturk.
So no, I don't think a Greek conflict over "Byzantine" territories with Italy or Turkey would be completely "ahistorical".

...and I still don't understand how anyone, let alone Greece, is meant to acheive the conditions necessary for earning the Turkish Strait strat. effect! :p

Another question: Before being dragged into a war with Germany, which likewise brought in Italy and auto-aligned me (and Yugoslavia) to the Allies, I had the option of using a territorial demand wargoal on Italy, but this has since been replaced with the "Restore Democracy!" wargoal (along with the usual puppet/conquer options). Is this a deliberate effect of membership of a faction, e.g. the Allies?

Thanks.

So it's not forgetfulness, yet you cite an example of something else that did happen, yet is not implemented. I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning, and I don't believe that something not happening in history makes giving the option of doing it in a game completely "ahistorical".

My point is that the Transnistria part could be considered forgetfulness because the AI actually could achieve it while Greece trying to regain the anatolian coast is a thing that only human players would even try to achieve. Greece is just another stepping stone in the usual order of things and that's why it is not forgetfulness but a choice to leave that work up to those who actually want to stray from the usual path.

likewise, it's entirely possible for me to fight Persia for control of part of its Russian border, although to my (limited) knowledge, this was never considered a realistic goal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Soviet_invasion_of_Iran

But one would probably need an event or a decision to trigger both countries to attack Persia at the same time with the correct wargoals.

My point is that the Transnistria part could be considered forgetfulness because the AI actually could achieve it while Greece trying to regain the anatolian coast is a thing that only human players would even try to achieve. Greece is just another stepping stone in the usual order of things and that's why it is not forgetfulness but a choice to leave that work up to those who actually want to stray from the usual path.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Soviet_invasion_of_Iran

But one would probably need an event or a decision to trigger both countries to attack Persia at the same time with the correct wargoals.
Fair enough, I suppose Rise of the UberHellenes is not something the AI might normally go for without heavy prompting. Still confused about some of the other possible territory wargoals, though.
Maybe I'll add a decision or sth tied to organisation of Paternal Autocrats that reinvigorates the "MI" under Metaxas. Not sure what it could acheive, though... what exactly are the "claim" tags used for? I've already noted that they seem to have zero bearing on wargoals; am I missing something?

Re: Invasion of Iran: I meant a realistic goal from a Greek perspective! :p

though... what exactly are the "claim" tags used for? I've already noted that they seem to have zero bearing on wargoals; am I missing something?

What claim tags?

Re: Invasion of Iran: I meant a realistic goal from a Greek perspective! :p

Oh, my bad. But you can either make a region claimable for everyone or you have to write a wargoal and surrender event for everything you only want certain countries to claim. Take a guess which one is easier. :D

I think I've found some sort of bug, concerning my Battlecruisers. I upgraded Battle Cruiser Engine, increasing the range from 2500km to 3100km. At least, that's what is says in the production tab. As for the units I built before the research was carried out, their range remains stuck at 2500km. Any help, please?

ship hull, engines, and main armaments do not upgrade...its physically impossible to upgrade a ships engines once its been put to sea.
+1, and I think a ship's loadout is set as soon as you add it to the production queue.

What claim tags?

Oh, my bad. But you can either make a region claimable for everyone or you have to write a wargoal and surrender event for everything you only want certain countries to claim. Take a guess which one is easier. :D
NP.
By claim tags, I mean the "shield" that appears in a territory's info box, in the slot next to the one that you can use to set pings/etc. for your allies. Generally a country will have "claim" to all the territory it starts with, but some have claims beyond their initial (say 1936) borders (e.g. Bulgaria has "claims" in Greece and Yugoslavia). Seems a bit like having a "core" stamp like in Vicky2, but I don't expect you put "claim" on owned territory just by sitting on it long enough (and teching Nationalism & Imperialism ;)), or what actual effect it might have... doesn't appear to corellate exactly with some starred wargoal regions, although there is some overlap (e.g. Albania is "Albania*" in region view, and all its territories are marked as Albania having claim to them; "Bulgaria*" is apparently not present where it has claims beyond its initial borders)

whats the point of building militia other than a cheap meatshield if low on resources?
can you upgrade militia to regular infantry?
can you upgrade regular infantry into motorized infantry?

thank you for your answers!

whats the point of building militia other than a cheap meatshield if low on resources?
None, perhaps?

Yes. The possibility to upgrade unit type was introduced in Semper Fi. Check the unit interface, on the far right side of a brigade there will be a little wrench-symbol if the unit type can be upgraded. Click it.

Yes to both, you can even upgrade straight from militia to motorized.

This gives a point to building militia, since they have so low attack values they tend to stay much longer in combat, and thus gains alot more experience then other better units would have done in the same battle. A strategy that does have merit is thus building a few Militia divisions and training them to very high experience against minor nations before upgrading them to better divisions.

Seems a bit like having a "core" stamp like in Vicky2, but I don't expect you put "claim" on owned territory just by sitting on it long enough (and teching Nationalism & Imperialism ;)), or what actual effect it might have... doesn't appear to corellate exactly with some starred wargoal regions,

Like in Vicky or EU they're also called cores. But as the game takes place in a rather short timeframe you only gain them by events or decision unless they are predefined in the history folder. In defines.lua there's also the old 50 years rule from EU3. They don't effect the wargoal regions because they have their own wargoal. And if you annex them, you get all resources from them without suffering penalties or getting the nasty nationalism modifier.

I think I've found some sort of bug, concerning my Battlecruisers. I upgraded Battle Cruiser Engine, increasing the range from 2500km to 3100km. At least, that's what is says in the production tab. As for the units I built before the research was carried out, their range remains stuck at 2500km. Any help, please?

Thanks for your answers, CplKatie and soup_alex!

Now, I have yet another question. As part of my Bulgarian Empire, I have annexed Norway and Sweden, and have placed 6 militia divisions (1 militia brigade + 2 military police) across it to fight revolutions. They are all well supplied from France, and normally move at a speed of 3kph. But from time to time, normally when there is a revolution (anywhere, not at ports receiving supplies), their speed drops to 1kph (regardless of the terrain they're on). This is really annoying because they cannot keep up with partisan brigades and it takes ages for them to be cornered. Why does this happen?

Flip over to weather you should see your answer.
Thanks again!

Sigh...unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask another question. Hungary, Yugoslavia and Finland are governments in exile, despite no longer being part of a faction - they used to be in the Axis, but somehow left once I annexed Germany (Now there is nobody left in the Axis). How can I finally defeat them??

Last edited:
Thanks again!

Sigh...unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask another question. Hungary, Yugoslavia and Finland are governments in exile, despite no longer being part of a faction - they used to be in the Axis, but somehow left once I annexed Germany (Now there is nobody left in the Axis). How can I finally defeat them??

You have to find and hunt down their armies. That should end the GIE.

You have to find and hunt down their armies. That should end the GIE.

Yeah, that worked with Uruguay but in the case of Hungary and Yugoslavia, they don't have any other armies. At all. I played as them and checked. Yet they keep spawning in my territory, including provinces that weren't part of their countries! For instance, twice now a Yugoslav infantry division has spawned in annexed Monaco...
(Also, Finland was at war with the USSR who occupied them and then "liberated" them, so that they joined the Comintern. Whaaaah...?)
How do I annihilate these pests?