+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 327 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 6521

Thread: Quick Questions - Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by comsubpac View Post
    all surrender events have been removed. the rest depends on the war goals.
    Technically the barbarossa goal still triggers a surrender event.

Quote Originally Posted by Paglia View Post
    How does this translates for Air Marshals and Admirals?
    It doesn't. Air and naval units behave like divisions.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Québec, where Polar Bears don't dare venture anymore 'cause it's too cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_brunius View Post
    Since you can't put them in the land HQ hierarchy their bonus is not effected. As the manual states it's dependent on the level in the command chain and they are always in direct control of the fleet/air-fleet so they give full bonus.

What does happen is that they gain XP slower at higher level, and lose their bonus if they are to low level for the number off ships/airwings commanded.

(...)

Not 100% sure, but I remember testing it along time ago and have a vague memory of landforts being the answer.

Thanks for the answer !!!
    MOD - Downfall (by Paglia) - for TFH 4.02 / Updated April 22nd 2014 --- Beta 1.15 is available !
    MOD - Versions françaises des fichiers LOCALISATION (FTM 3.05 / TFH 4.02) / Mis à jour le 21 février 2014

AAR - North America Series Game #6 (GER) / Nun, Volk, steh auf, und Sturm, brich los! | AAR – Game #5 (ROM) – Râzboiul Sfânt Contra Bolşevismului | AAR – Game #4 (ITA) | AAR – Game #3 (China/GER) | AAR – Game #2 (USA) | AAR - Game #1 (ITA)

Go vote for your preferred AARJust clik here: Hearts of Iron 3 -- Second Half ACAs!
    Don't miss the latest news in the AARLand: AARlander Edition 16

Quote Originally Posted by comsubpac View Post
    all surrender events have been removed. the rest depends on the war goals.
    Thanks Comsubpac, so if Japan does not have war goals, does it mean when SOV gets annexed, every country part of the occupation keeps the ocupied provinces?
    AKA: RoninX @ Taleworlds: M&B

Second Lieutenant ThePastfinder's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Does refitting a unit into a different type affect practical knowledge? Want to change some militias to inf but need research to go with it.

edit: yes it does
    Last edited by ThePastfinder; 20-01-2012 at 08:04.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

How to get the Suez Channel strategic effect? Do you need to play a specific country? I'm playing as Romania, I control both sides of the channel but the effect did not fire up.

Quote Originally Posted by john_who View Post
    How to get the Suez Channel strategic effect? Do you need to play a specific country? I'm playing as Romania, I control both sides of the channel but the effect did not fire up.
    Code:
    control_over_suez_channel = {

potential = {
    		OR = {
    			TAG = ENG
    			TAG = ITA
    			TAG = FRA
    			TAG = GRE
    			TAG = TUR
    		}
    	}

Is there a list s I can see all the countries listed from greatest to least on the amount of leadership they start out with? (1936)

I have a feeling someone asked this before, but I can't find it.

If I have a division of 3 or 4 SP Arty and I reinforce an infantry battle with it, they will never join the frontline off course, but are they stiill firing at the enemy? Or in order to get them to fire I need to put them with at least one front line brigade and hope the division joins the frontline? Thanks in davance, as always.

Cheers
    While Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Tokugawa were watching a cuckoo bird waiting for it to sing but the bird doesn't sing and Nobunaga says that "Little bird, if you don't sing I will kill you." And Hideyoshi says that "Little bird, if you don't sing, I'll make you sing." Then Tokugawa Ieyasu says that " Little bird, if you don't sing I will wait for you to sing."

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Divisions in the combat reserve never fire at the enemy, so they need one frontline brigade to fire.
    "Experience is something you don't usually get until just after you need it"

Do airplanes upgrade like units or do I have to make new ones like ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidole555 View Post
    Do airplanes upgrade like units or do I have to make new ones like ships?
    airplanes will upgrade just like land units.
    While Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Tokugawa were watching a cuckoo bird waiting for it to sing but the bird doesn't sing and Nobunaga says that "Little bird, if you don't sing I will kill you." And Hideyoshi says that "Little bird, if you don't sing, I'll make you sing." Then Tokugawa Ieyasu says that " Little bird, if you don't sing I will wait for you to sing."

Darkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

If you download the devildred patch for common weapons mod, do you copy it over the orignial after youve made a copy of the original, i did'nt quite understand his explanation, as with alot of people replying to my questions with such short answers, please treat me like a small child when it comes to computer techinal questions. I am old and i don't understand them one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68046 View Post
    If you download the devildred patch for common weapons mod, do you copy it over the orignial after youve made a copy of the original, i did'nt quite understand his explanation,
    You copy the files as a backup and then apply the patch on the original files.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it normal for NSDAP and VF support in Austria to completely implode by the end of 1936, even with the Germans supporting the NSDAP? I spent the whole year (as Germany) doing the Support Our Party mission in Austria, and there is now no NSDAP support and the VF are down to 16%. (The two largest parties are the light blue SDAPÖ and the dark red Schutzbund)
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Master Sergeant Shooter Person Rockingluke's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaSengoku

One of the democratic countries might be supporting their own party. But keep supporting the Austrian Nazi Party, you can still trigger the Anschluss without them being popular, IIRC you need 40% popularity or organisation. Bear in mind that popularity is kind of random but if you keep your spies boosting your party the organisation will get high enough regardless.
    Come join us in Werewolf! We don't bite, much!
    Wins: Survived to the end in Werewolf CXII: Refugees as a Cursed Villager
    Losses: Overwhelmed by wolves as a Plotter Villager in Werewolf-CXX-Shipwrecked
    Total Wins/Losses: 1/1

I'm thinking about giving HOI another run for it's money. What mod should I pick if I just want some more depth and events, but not a total makeover? Like SMEP was for HOI2. Is HPP the choice for me? August Storm looks nice too. MP-friendlyness is a big plus.
    Last edited by JakopDalunde; 23-01-2012 at 00:15.
    1 Bureaucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Secularism
    Ideology: Green
    Issues: Climate/Migration
    Current Work: Campaign manager @ Swedish Green Party

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JakopDalunde View Post
    I'm thinking about giving HOI another run for it's money. What mod should I pick if I just want some more depth and events, but not a total makeover? Like SMEP was for HOI2. Is HPP the choice for me? August Storm looks nice too. MP-friendlyness is a big plus.
    there are no true "total conversoins", most of the mods just rework events and units. Some fiddle with the ai as well, but none seem to redraw the world or any thing like kiersreich for HOI2.

August storm is one of the only big mods out for FTM. they have a working multiplayer (look at there subforum) otherwise look at some thing like chromos's "ahoi" mod that changes the interface a bit

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Couple of "is X worth doing?" questions:

Is it worth developing SH Battleships?

Is it worth attaching some actual combat units to my HQs?
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Québec, where Polar Bears don't dare venture anymore 'cause it's too cold
    Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Is it worth developing SH Battleships?

Depends on what you intend to do with your BBs. If you plan on doing BBs research & upgrades, the answer seems to be "NO" as the BBs will have better stats once upgraded than your SHBBs. Otherwise, maybe.

You mean under his command or "attached" to the unit itself ? Not sure you can do the latter. I may be wrong.
    MOD - Downfall (by Paglia) - for TFH 4.02 / Updated April 22nd 2014 --- Beta 1.15 is available !
    MOD - Versions françaises des fichiers LOCALISATION (FTM 3.05 / TFH 4.02) / Mis à jour le 21 février 2014

AAR - North America Series Game #6 (GER) / Nun, Volk, steh auf, und Sturm, brich los! | AAR – Game #5 (ROM) – Râzboiul Sfânt Contra Bolşevismului | AAR – Game #4 (ITA) | AAR – Game #3 (China/GER) | AAR – Game #2 (USA) | AAR - Game #1 (ITA)

Go vote for your preferred AARJust clik here: Hearts of Iron 3 -- Second Half ACAs!
    Don't miss the latest news in the AARLand: AARlander Edition 16

single brigades are useless and attaching them directly to the HQs makes only sense when you use them in combat. HQs are not supposed to be in the frontline fighting and they are very very weak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 327 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast