• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can everybody who is running / testing the Beta 3 (0.50.19) confirm that the version is running smoothly and without CTDs? I am experiencing problems with the changes introduced for 0.50.20 and would like to confirm that 0.50.19 is a solid base.

I had 2 CTD's about a week after The cause seems lost fired the first time.
I suspected it was the event firing again that caused the CTD and I looked into the event; once I commented the -2/-3 lines out everything worked fine.

Also is there a reason why Vichy France does not get cores on the whole France?
Essentially, it would produce a situation whereby a very poorly armed AI Vichy might find itself trying (and abysmally failing) to defend the Atlantic coast, when allied with an AI Germany. Plus, Germany wants those air and naval bases along the Channel & Atlantic coasts. It is really to stop easy exploits for re-invading France.

Longer term, the idea would be for there to be an option for Vichy to participate more vigourously in the "New World Order" (perhaps if she agrees to contribute more positively to the Crusade against Bolshevism, say), and Germany would then transfer the Northern & Western provinces to Vichy, who would then gain core status on them. But just leaving them as Cores from day one causes all sorts of oddities in AI behaviour, unfortunately.

Tim

Something I noticed:
If allied with Germany Bulgaria gets Yugoslavia's southern provinces after Yugoslavia's defeat. When Italy declared war on Greece the Greeks just moved to their capital, the Italians left Albania and the Bulgarians are not invading. And Germany won't go south to invade Greece either.

I believe this is a reason why the German-Soviet war hasn't started, and it's october 1941.

Well, the Bulgarians historically did not take part in land operations - they just hosted some German air units and provided supply bases etc, IIRC. The problem might be that Germany is left with no border to get to Greece, I guess, and the Italians aren't strong enough to drive through Greece from Albania.

Tim

I wonder if the oil plant events with GER are really working. In 1936 the factory in Essen as well as the Ruhland plant 1937 in Dresden do not increase the oil production in their provinces. I don´t mean the effective output (which might be lower than 0.5 and therefore isn´t shown in the production tab) but the potential one.

Well, the Bulgarians historically did not take part in land operations - they just hosted some German air units and provided supply bases etc, IIRC. The problem might be that Germany is left with no border to get to Greece, I guess, and the Italians aren't strong enough to drive through Greece from Albania.

Tim

Corrrect correct. But the Italians simply left Albania (it's empty), and like you said the Germans weren't doing anything because there's no border. The game should force Bulgaria to grant Germany a corridor to Greece. This is the reason why I only ask the Bulgarians to join after the Axis-Greece war or at least after the annexation of Yugoslavia.

I wonder if the oil plant events with GER are really working. In 1936 the factory in Essen as well as the Ruhland plant 1937 in Dresden do not increase the oil production in their provinces. I don´t mean the effective output (which might be lower than 0.5 and therefore isn´t shown in the production tab) but the potential one.

I have always worried about those events. But it is either all plants working or none of them working, so if you conform one of them as working this would help us.

I have always worried about those events. But it is either all plants working or none of them working, so if you conform one of them as working this would help us.

Okay, I just checked again. Essen had an initial oil production of -2, so when the plant was built the production raised to 0. Things are actually working as intended :)

Having trouble installing...

So I have a clean install of AoD with beta 2 patch but when I try to install GIP (via exe) it wants to go to a doomsday folder which doesn't seem to exist in the AoD Installation.

I see that the order is: GIP (to vanilla install) then Core .50 to AoD, then Core color pack to CORE folder inside AoD. But when I start a new single player game I only get the 1936 Scenario and it looks like some of the interface is missing.

I think the problem is that GIP is going in the wrong place. Clearly I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry to post such a noob question.

So I have a clean install of AoD with beta 2 patch but when I try to install GIP (via exe) it wants to go to a doomsday folder which doesn't seem to exist in the AoD Installation.

I see that the order is: GIP (to vanilla install) then Core .50 to AoD, then Core color pack to CORE folder inside AoD. But when I start a new single player game I only get the 1936 Scenario and it looks like some of the interface is missing.

I think the problem is that GIP is going in the wrong place. Clearly I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry to post such a noob question.

You have to manually copy the GIP content in the Doomsday folder over to AOD (gfx and scenario folders at least). That worked for me before I started using JSGME.
CORE does have one scenario, so that should be fine. What other things are you missing from your interface?

You have to manually copy the GIP content in the Doomsday folder over to AOD (gfx and scenario folders at least). That worked for me before I started using JSGME.
CORE does have one scenario, so that should be fine. What other things are you missing from your interface?

Ah-ha, so maybe I didn't screw up as bad as I thought. There may actually be nothing missing then. Will reinstall and check. Thanks!