+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you want an in-depth strategy guide?

Do you want an in-depth strategy guide?

Hello fellow Magicka players.

Not to brag or anything but I recently beat the challenge modes (alone) without any greater Magicks or any other ridiculous spell combinations such as aoe shield and healing mine spam. I then realised that I have a pretty solid understanding of the game mechanics and techniques for countering the enemy. Therefore I am asking you if you would like me to write an in-depth guide on how to do this.

I have seen many guides providing information about spell combinations and their characteristics and such but I am more interested in analysing mob-specific counters, that is, what works best in what situation against what type of enemies. I am fairly sure you would like to see this. I ask this, however, because I am not sure if this already exists somewhere (I have not found any thus far) and I will not put the effort into this if it turns out that it does. Note that I am not planning on writing strategies for adventure mode chapters and boss encounters (although I might add this if requested excessively), only general techniques for each type of enemy in the game.
    Last edited by Grizzlol; 06-03-2011 at 12:57.

Yes

Yes i would love something like that.

And no, noone has made something like really in-depth exept maybe the magickapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlol View Post
    Do you want an in-depth strategy guide?
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! (Had to do it)

And yeah, the Magickapedia is good and all, but it's still lacking. Your strategy guide for dealing with certain enemies or enemy groups would be a vital addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixitur View Post
    Your strategy guide for dealing with certain enemies or enemy groups would be a vital addition.
    This is what I was thinking and hoping.

Edit: Actually, looking through the Magickapedia I found a sub-section guide called Monsters under "In Depth Information" which does exactly what I was planning to do. It is indeed lacking a bit however. It is missing a few monsters and some lack descriptions.
    Last edited by Grizzlol; 07-03-2011 at 14:58.

What monsters are missing on the magickapedia? I was sure I added all of them, but we really need more editor on the wiki. Which reminds me that I still need to finish the monster pages

Quote Originally Posted by Ket. View Post
    What monsters are missing on the magickapedia? I was sure I added all of them, but we really need more editor on the wiki. Which reminds me that I still need to finish the monster pages
    Looking through the monsters page I thought there was one missing but it was not, sorry. It is still incomplete though. It looks pretty good so far however.

+ Reply to Thread