+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your APD/PDM Empires thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dmayben505 View Post
    Wow, was most of Eastern Europe freed in one war, or was Germany chipping away with freeing people war goals throughout the game? It's been rare in my games to see Russia get dismantled; all of my games where it's happened I had to personally make it a goal in just about every war I ended up against them.

And who's next to your little section of Kazakhstan? Is that a free Kazakhstan, or did another one of you all's allies get a piece?
    Well, most of Austria was freed in one war, with the little enclaves left freeing themselves. That little OPM is the Uyghuristan i freed. I wished a could've freed all my land there, but there were no cores on the other two provinces. The big blue country on the other side of my land is Kazakhstan, orignally freed by Bukkara(?) and given more land by Russia's dismantling.

Could you maybe load up as Germany once? I'd be interested in their stats.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

First, an epic Afghanistan game:

Westernized in 1850, then set about creating a pan-Islamic empire:

I did "cheat" a bit by creating some custom events to help the AI in Europe (Germany destroyed Switzerland 3 times because it was in the French SOI, so I let them annex them, and I had all the Arab states sphered but since the create Arabia decision excludes Yemen, Oman, Bahrain and the Trucial stats I let them annex them, as well as my Jordinian and Iraqi puppets) I also edited the Durrani decision to not change the tags, but give the cores and accepted cultures.

Next is an Austria game in which Germany and I won not 1, not 2, but 3 great wars (France, Russia, and England, which started in late 1935, so I extended the date to let us finish the war; German troops conquered all of India! In addition, I beat Italy in one and Germany beat the Neatherlands, who lost a really early war to Belgium which resulted in the loss of Zeeland):

Mexico managed to hand on to Arizona and California after 1870, so I removed the American cores from the 2 states. I also wrote a custom dismantling event for Italy, which is why I have the 2 Sicilies as a puppet.
    Last edited by impspy; 13-02-2012 at 00:58.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

What name-mod are you using, if I may ask?
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: 50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    What name-mod are you using, if I may ask?
    Yours, with a few modifications
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    Yours, with a few modifications

Could you post them on my topic, please? I would like to know what you did; as well, I would like to know how you were able to name the USA as actually the United States of America; I've been having difficulty with that tag, as well as the Confederacy's tag. They remain USA & CSA if I do CSA_ and USA_.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: 50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Could you post them on my topic, please? I would like to know what you did; as well, I would like to know how you were able to name the USA as actually the United States of America; I've been having difficulty with that tag, as well as the Confederacy's tag. They remain USA & CSA if I do CSA_ and USA_.
    I managed to get the USA to name change with your PDM mod as well. I saw that both the USA and the CSA already had alternate government names listed in the 1.1 localization file, so changing those switched them over.

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I managed to do it fine just by using the vanilla USA and CSA tags in my custom name mod... I just made the overall name file have priority in the localization folder and it worked fine for me.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

My Hedjaz>ARB game. I am communist, lit of ~80, and I own all of Somalia, Zanzibar, and South East Asia. I only invaded places that has Mashriqi populations in the nearby vicinity.

I do think Bedouin should be added as an accepted culture for Arabia, and vice versa for whoever forms it.

A lot of crazy and awesome stuff happened, but sadly I cannot find neither my savegames folder or screenshots folder. I have the savegames... I just cant find them for whatever reason.

Do you have AHD? Pretty sure that the default location for save games and other things like the map cache and flag files is MyDocuments/Paradox Interactive/Victoria II/PDM. Interested to see a world screenshot, as it looks like Germany colonized almost all of Africa.

Ah, here we go.

Never seen the French get cut completely out of Africa. Did they lose a great war to the Dutch and Germans and have their empire dismantled? And who's that in British Columbia? Portuguese?

Please upload a save game of this.

endscreenturk.pngV2_MAP_TKS_1935.12.8_1.png

Finished my first game of APD. Switched patches from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 around 1890 and finished up from there. Basically I remade Timur's empire, a bit larger perhaps. I've never done the Turkestan unification before, it was fairly challenging, especially since Russia did quite well until I took my cores off of them. I started as Bukkhara, sat around and increased relations with Russia early game. Westernized ~1864 and formed Uzbekistan a few years later. The economy was extremely wacky in 2.0.3 and I was having a hard time just maintaining it, so it was mostly industry/commerce tech for the next twenty years. Finally got that stabilized, threw NFs for soldiers all over my nation and began teching pure military and building forts on the rare occasion that I had money to spare. The world was going berserk in 1890 when I patched up to 2.0.4 - France and Prussia were switching governments like crazy and I had gotten to #1 in prestige with just 204 because all the AI nations (except America and, ugh, Russia) were constantly in revolt.

In 1907 I managed to finish the entire army tree and I attacked Russia. It was a pretty difficult war considering that even after 20 years of Soldier NFs I only fielded something like 1/4th the soldiers of Russia, but defense on my forts and huge dig-in bonuses allowed me to beat them after a while and take my final Uzbekistan core. I wasn't quite sure what provinces I needed to form Turkestan, but I squinted at the game code for a while and figured it out. Once the peace treaty was up I declared war on Russia again, and that conflict was even more brutal than the last. When it was over, Russia's military was completely gone, and it never really recovered - to put this in some perspective, AI Scandinavia was able to occupy Moscow and take Finland all by themselves. Russia went from ~700 military score before I attacked to about 56 at the end of the game. I formed Turkestan and discovered that it had given me an obscene number of cores, which I happily collected from China and Russia.

After that I let the Communists win in the hopes that social reforms would get militancy growth into the negative (nope), industrialized, and converted China and Punjab to Communism. Then I sat around and laughed at the idiotic wars that kept breaking out everywhere else in the world.

A lot of strange things happened in the world. Japan never Westernized. My guess is that nasty rebellions from the 2.0.3 economy must have rolled back reforms, but I'm not sure. China westernized around 1926 a few years after I had converted them to Communism. Communist China seemed to be handily winning the civil war by the end date. The CSA won, which I've never seen happen in PDM. They kept getting bigger and bigger for a while, too, but then were beaten back and rebellions forced them to lose their gains (and Texas). Alaska was independent for almost 20 years as a communist country somehow, and they almost made it to secondary power status. The NGF didn't form until the 1890s, and Prussia was a secondary power for a good portion of the early game - again, this was a result of revolts and lost wars because of the weird economy. Fascism was everywhere. My own upper house was over 50% fascists for a while as Uzbekistan, and that was after I had all my cores (0 revanchism). Don't know what was up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmayben505 View Post
    Never seen the French get cut completely out of Africa. Did they lose a great war to the Dutch and Germans and have their empire dismantled? And who's that in British Columbia? Portuguese?
    Nope, the French were occupied by rebels for a good amount of time. Also, they are monarchists.

Austria was the only nation that lost a Great War (Though Italy were their allies or something of the sort). They also happened to have stolen Suez from me... Egypt was released in Suez (Germany had already annexed Egypt) so I promptly took Suez back into Arab hands.

Take a look at my savegame posted one post down. Things of note: Russians stole Atjeh and Johore from me in one war. I either had to surrender to the Russians or risk losing my first major war against the Ottomans. Shortly after that war, Communists instated the Soviet Union. I quickly grabbed this opportunity (being Communist myself) to make an ally in a former enemy. My next plan was a Great War against the Ottomans, but I ran out of time.
    Last edited by JuniorD; 28-02-2012 at 00:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggix View Post
    Please upload a save game of this.
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/Arab_Republic1935_11_02.rar

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Here is my super reich game, full game, managed to win two great wars, basically just destroyed everything. My goal was to make the world as fascist as possible, and while my country stayed conservative, damn near everybody else became fascist.I think I did quite well if I dont say so
    http://imgur.com/z4iJh,Rsq0y,xH5nB,V4O1O,i1ORP

Here's my South Africa game. Got tired of it but I'll finish the game one day.

Attached Images

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Haven't finished my game yet, but I'd just like to post this:

I've always wondered how the Italians came to be in the Dodecanese, I suppose this is close enough!
    Attached Images

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2

Italian Empire formed with Tuscany, the year is in 1951 though, but I had minor territorial changes; everything important happened before 1936.
    System Specs: 3.4 Intel Core Processor i7-2600
    4G ram
    AMD Radeon 6970 1.9 gig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast