+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your APD/PDM Empires thread.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Post your APD/PDM Empires thread.

I didn't see one, so I figured I'd start one. If there's one which has fallen off the page feel free to merge.

Accomplished during 3.0.2. Cherokee and Java have it easy as far as uncivs go, mind you, because as vassals start with the same techs as their overlords, they can rush state and government. (So does... Mughalistan, I'd imagine, although they're even more geographically constrained than Cherokee.)

Colonized Oklahoma, rushed prestige techs to become a GP, expanded into Central America after sphering Mexico. Through a mix of immigration, early NF-based industrialization and hyperteching, punched far above my weight population-wise. Just kicked Mexico out and conquered them, because I needed a higher population to compete with the industrializing Great Powers - had dropped to #7-8 before the war, and conquering them brought me back up to #5 and more than doubled my population, although I'm still behind everyone else. It's been a fun game so far.
    Attached Images

Ehrenamtlicher Übersetzer Targor's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossRome GoldVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Begun with 17th March and 3.0.4, ended with 7th April and 3.0.6:

So, I could play my game posted previous to the end, without my industry nose-diving but you have to double the score to compare it to the previous screenshot because either PDM 3.0.6 or 1.3 Beta 7th April changed the calculation. However it's still almost ten times score of the second (Brasil)

I had to annex Russia, because my lettering (right word?) was really small in the north east of St. Petersburg. Other annexed former Great Powers are France, Italy (which I self created in first place) and Switzerland. Scotland and Manhattan Commune were freed to wars by me, but annexed fast because I couldn't hold them in my sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Targor View Post
    Begun with 17th March and 3.0.4, ended with 7th April and 3.0.6:

So, I could play my game posted previous to the end, without my industry nose-diving but you have to double the score to compare it to the previous screenshot because either PDM 3.0.6 or 1.3 Beta 7th April changed the calculation. However it's still almost ten times score of the second (Brasil)

I had to annex Russia, because my lettering (right word?) was really small in the north east of St. Petersburg. Other annexed former Great Powers are France, Italy (which I self created in first place) and Switzerland. Scotland and Manhattan Commune were freed to wars by me, but annexed fast because I couldn't hold them in my sphere.

That is so epic :O

Quote Originally Posted by Targor View Post
    I had to annex Russia, because my lettering (right word?) was really small in the north east of St. Petersburg.
    Best. Crackpot. Dictator. Reasoning. EVAR.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

May I ask what is meant with "lettering" ?
    This map looks great, btw - how much hours did you spend?

cheers

Ehrenamtlicher Übersetzer Targor's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossRome GoldVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by shorty84 View Post
    May I ask what is meant with "lettering" ?
    This map looks great, btw - how much hours did you spend?

cheers
    I mean the German word Schriftzug, the country names on the map. How much hours is too hard to say, most is done in short sections of perhaps 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Best. Crackpot. Dictator. Reasoning. EVAR.
    Yeah, I had really no choice ; )

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought I'd try to breathe some life into this thread with my recent game as
    Bavaria - SGF - Germany

I did go a bit crazy expansionist after 1920 when I realized infamy didn't do anything at all. What's up with that btw?

Starting as Bavaria, I had reached GP status mostly through prestige and industry. But just as I started building a sphere of influence, Spain took 8th place from me. Out of desperation I attacked and annexed Baden, which gave me enough score to stay a GP. Unfortunately Austria intervened, but with a lot of help from my ally in Württemberg, I managed to get a white peace and left Austria somewhat bruised.

In 1870 I backstabbed Prussia as they had gone to war against Russia, I annexed Hesse-Darmstadt and forced Prussia to admit hegemony. Shortly after this war, a crown-from-the-gutter event let me become the South German Federation (which really only meant annexing Württemberg).

The coming years I spent most of my time isolating France and getting soldier POPs to prepare to grab Elsaß-Lothringen, which I did thanks to my newfound hegemony over the German states and sphered allies like Spain, Portugal and Sardinia-Piedmont.

In 1880 Sardinia-Piedmont (in an unusual display of courage) declared war on Austria over Lombardy. I joined the war, and at the end of it we had utterly destroyed Austria. Its industry and armies destroyed, Venice and Bohemia gained independence, and Romania was able to win several wars against them to regain their cores and seal Austria's fate as a secondary power.

I later had another war against them (declared by Venice to regain Istria), which also saw the formation of Czechoslovakia from Bohemia, and my acquisition of Tirol.

With Austria out of the way, only Prussia was in the way of German Unification. In 1891 I also invaded them, reducing them to a secondary power and obtaining hegemony over both them and Austria-Hungary!

Three Hurrahs For Germany!

In 1899 I went to war against Russia because I had nothing else to do. My goal was to force the creating of a number of buffer states between Germany and Russia, which was quite easy because Russia didn't have a lot of military at the time. I thought this would be the last war in this game, but..

Just as I got the peace treaty I desired with Russia, France decided it was time to retake Alsace-Lorraine. With all my armies in Sibir, the French easily advanced into Germany past my pathetic mobilized army. Rather than letting them advance further into Germany I decided to let them have Alsace-Lorraine for a few years. In 1907 I had the army and navy necessary to attack both France and their British communist allies! It was my very own World War One!

The Liberal Central Powers vs The Communist Entente

I occupied all of France and invaded the British isles through Ireland.

And that's really where the story ends, I went super-expansionist in the 1920ies when I realized infamy doesn't matter at all! I annexed large parts of France and released Occitania, attacked Hungary and Italy because they were meddling with my SoI, annexed Poland, Wallonia and Belgium ++.

More pictures from my game if you click below.

War against Austria 1880-1882

Prewar-borders

Post-war borders

War against Prussia 1891-1893

Prewar borders

Post-war borders

The Crusade against Russia

Last edited by Yuri_Kenobi; 25-03-2012 at 23:57.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

My Poland game so far. And great wars haven't even happened yet. Look in the main empires thread for an explanation.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

I got myself involved in too many great wars, winning each time.

An older Italy game.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Alexandrian Empire by Proxy

My Greece. Endeavored to remain realistic, and so I ended up editing savegames a lot so I wouldn't get weird frontiers with Armenia and so they wouldn't get Giresun and Trebizond, neither of which had significant Armenian populations. Added Armenian cores to Georgia and Azerbaijan, central Anatolia, and into the Azeri parts of Persia so I could completely destroy the OE without having to conquer it all myself (as for Azeri Persia, I did that for fun). Expanded accepted cultures to include Sephardic and Armenian.

My sphere. Everything from the Bosnian border with Croatia to (Russian) Korea is Greek stomping ground. Recently invaded Afghanistan. Have sights set on Turkmen, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Pakistan and northern India

Went into the savegames and Hellenized Bulgaria, Albania, and Egypt, giving them Greek as primary culture and adding their previous primary/accepted cultures as accepted (except for Bedouins in Egypt)

Also added Georgian, Russian, and Greek to Armenia's accepted cultures to offset all the Turks, Kurds, and Azeris

Well, never mind. I guess I don't know how to upload images.

Embedded images didn't work for me. By right clicking and opening in a separate window, I was able to check them out. Well done. Did you liberate Armenia as a way to undermine the Ottomans as fast as possible without raising your infamy too high?

First I liberated Armenia from Russia so that their capital would be Yerevan, and I managed to snag Georgia for Armenia. And by the time I got around to giving Armenia chunks of the OE, they were already extremely weak. Basically, I wanted to get rid of the OE because it's what the Greeks actually wanted to do, and I used Armenia to ensure Christian hegemony in the East without having to deal with a horde of Turks, Kurds, Azeris and Arabs (not that I have any animus against those groups, but you'd better believe that the Greeks did) in my own country. Even absent all those Muslims, my Greece is only about 56% Greek (31% Turkish, 5% Misri, 2% Albanian, 3% Sephardic 2% Armenian and 1% Bulgarian). I also used savegame editing to get the southern two Albanian provinces (if I were to conquer all of Albania, I'd have to take North Macedonia as well to avoid looking incredibly strange on the map, and I really wanted to give North Macedonia to Bulgaria) and Alexandria when I sphered Egypt for the first time (before promptly falling back into secondary power status). I also edited the hell out of Salonika so it would actually have a Jewish majority (I don't know where paradox got 18% from in vanilla).

I broke the game. Or the unintended effects of slashing prestige:

All from little old Saud.

How the hell did you get 200 prestige?

EDIT: Ah, 50 prestige from holding the whole peninsual... nerfing that to 20...
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

My Russian Empire.

The GPs

And the wars.

Fact #1
    The CSA won the war.

Fact #2
    Prussia and the USA were my first Allies and Germany still my ally after 10 wars against Austria, Ottoman Empire and Great Britain.

Fact #3
    Denmark and Sweden were both GP's many times.

Fact #4
    Italy formed earlier than the NGF.

Fact #5
    Taiping won the War.
    China and Taiping was in my Sphere.
    I was bored to fight a diplomatic battle against England and the USA.

Fact #6
    Prestige Events spammed me D: so i was #1 since the Austrian/British war against the Allied Nations of Eurasia and America, (USA, Italy, Prussia, Wallachia, Bulgaria, Sweden, German Minors and Russia) in the early 1854. The USA, Italy and Sweden intervened after England added a War goal against Egypt.

Fact #7
    France never declared a war against an European Country.

I will admit that I am a bit confused (probably because I know relatively little about the game compared to some of you).

How on Earth did many of you manage to get empires so large given the massive infamy cost of annexing so many states and countries?

Past a certain point infamy is meaningless.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Stacmon View Post
    I will admit that I am a bit confused (probably because I know relatively little about the game compared to some of you).

How on Earth did many of you manage to get empires so large given the massive infamy cost of annexing so many states and countries?
    Before some updates, no one would mess with you with a certain military score. However there are now scripted events to prevent you from going nuts as it makes everyone attack you. However, I suppose if you are undeniably powerful its sort of stupid when countries fling themselves at you and get slaughtered.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Thank you both for those answers. It really clarifies things for me.

I suppose the infamy limit to me had become almost a barrier never to cross. I remember in other paradox games (and in at least once or twice in Victoria 2) the terrible consequences of having too much infamy (especially when trying to take a minor nation to grand heights).

I'll keep this all in mind if I manage to attain a size that is threatening enough to my neighbours.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

As you can see, I do not intend to make Europe and the world go grey. I fancy a strong, industrialized and well organized country in the heart of Europe. Having good relations to some, not trying to be the master of everybody. Create a nation that is large enough for 150 million Germans. :-)
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast