+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your APD/PDM Empires thread.

They split Canada off peacefully, but I've never seen them keep Ontario or chunks of the west like that.

Also: The Safrican Empire of 1894. A.K.A., the true definition of a space-filling empire.

Last edited by F.T.E.; 26-09-2011 at 07:36.

Quote Originally Posted by F.T.E. View Post
    They split Canada off peacefully, but I've never seen them keep Ontario or chunks of the west like that.
    I think that happens when the provinces are occupied ( by eg. the US) and then the release Canada is successfully enacted.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, I got to 1920 in my game as Japan, as so far the world became a truly interesting place.
    The USA became Communist and allied itself with Soviet Russia. (I smiled wryly at this)

Great Powers of the World

Furthermore, the first attempt of the NGF to conquer Alsace Lorraine from France ended in failure due to the eruption of the Communist revolution, which succeed and promptly defeated France in a Great War 10 years later, forming Germany. Austria was essentially the punching bag of Europe, Soviet Russia constantly fighting to free the Hungarians from the Austrian overlords, but neglecting the poor Serbs at every turn. The Dutch, early on were also the punching bags after becoming Communist, where NGF, Belgian and eventually myself (for Siak, Jambi, Batavia and the rest of Borneo for the oil and other useful resources)... quickly beng reduced to nothing of its glorious former self.

In the US war against Communist Canada (I had sad face moment), I promptly friended CAnada (Not the most historical thing, but I couldn't just stand to see half of Canada be conquered by the US) and intervened, the Union (already collapsing at a slow pace, New England was the only free state) pretty much collapsed. The USA quickly became a secondary power after falling to a Jacobin revolution (Canada also took Montana from the Dakota Republic, and the MExicans are making gains in former territories).

As Japan, 2nd largest population in the game. Greatest power in the world. The USSR however is making great strides in industrial score, and I think, given time, will exceed me in that in 5-10 years if wars are fruitful and economic growth on a constant upswing (I only have so many states.)
    Current (Great) war, involves Heligoland between Germany and the U.K. Essentially the 3 greatest navies in the world vs the U.K... wasn't much of a war other than me holding the lines in IndoChina and pushing into Burma while housekeeping in Oceania by sweeping the Austrailians from the islands and proceeding to invade the rebel controlled New Zealand and the weak Austrailia.
    The Germans are staring at the island and not doing anything to attempt to invade it, event the the U.K navy essentially is doing nothing but getting thrashed. (2nd war over this tiny island, 1st time I joined)

The Japanese Empire and her colonies

Side note, I don't know why, but after extending the protectorate over Persia (where the Japan 'label' now lays to my constant bemusement), Tehran became a state with no influence on my part.
    I do like what I'm seeing, still too many Communist states for my liking, but at least I am seeing a fair smattering of Fascist rule, at least in the Balkans, particularily in Romania and Bulgaria.

Japan and the world

The game is pretty much done, and I can look at the other nations to tell you how they have progressed if you'd like. I messed up with accepting a peace treaty and I didn't want to proceed doing the 8 months of transporting troops to the frontlines again (I enjoyed the first time, dealing with the uber stacks again, I was not looking forward to) just to crush the British and their allies in the Orient (again)... that and I have pretty much achieved my objective of dominance over Asia, I was preparing for the last war with China when the Great War started up.

Japanese Population statistics

FINAL thing, I do like the Great War event chain, however the (I haven't lost), but I don't think the impact of the war was all that incredibly devasting (I didn't think it was harsh enough and Great wars popped up like weeds after a good rain far too often in my world), granted I was essentially done my part of the war by Christmas with no real resistance... purposely avoiding war with Russia because it would be so much trouble for no real gain.

Early game Japan tech strategy.
    Go commerce and culture tech other than the other required tech for westernization, later on you will get negative modifiers to them due to the Japanese tech school, focus on education efficiency, research rate, and national focuses. Reinforcement tech is good as well, when you go on the war path. Try to pick up the techs for banks and financial shares, helps support a greater amount of clerks in your nation due to banks and stock markets. They will also be able to buy more of their goods, so this allows for greater rate of Capitalist promotion.

Post Civilized status, get industry techs, get some capitalist growing, let them deal with infrastructure, when not building railroads, build naval bases. Conquer Korea (northern part at least, save the rest for Nationalism and Imperialism) for the lead and copper, the additional coal and iron will be useful later. Furthermore, Depending on what canned food factory you build (I like building the canned fish one, as it draws resources from another factory, and fish... Japan has lots of fish.)

Use the national focus to get clerks, (or get your state wide minimum for bureacrats, 1%, and clergy should easily be 2% by the time you modernize)... The reason why you want to focus clerks, is they seem to have an easy time to become capitalist, and at this point your literacy rate should be high enough in some provinces for the craftsmen to come naturally, although Aomori usually lags behind in this regard (essentially play it by ear.)
    Don't bother building factories in Hakodate, save that for later and after you make it a state again, I usually save it for more modern industries... like electrical parts (which didn't take forever to fire this time, cars, airplanes, radios, pharmaceuticals...

Basically, play it by ear. Also by your resource needs, Korea pretty much could supply everything that I needed... aside from cow (Africa) and Opium (Mid east, and indochina). With nationalism and imperialism, start conquering indochina. Start with Vietnam... the extra tobacco and the opium should synergize nicely with you growing pharmaceutical factories and cigerettes (later cigars.)
    By this point, you are probably in need of much cow (why I never built canned food factories) for your shoe and possibly boot factories, maybe additional cotton required? (Egypt and Persia are good places for cotton, and eventually oil, get Dubai as well. Grab the Suez for additional cotton, and a doorway into the mediterranean in the later wars involving Europe.)
    By now, the Scramble for Africa has kicked up... Go conquer the horn ASAP, you should use all you focuses to colonize as much as possible, can't colonize in AFrica, start working on Oceania. I invadedd Egypt after it had a revolution and no allies, started invading the Sudan for the natural rubber supply, my synthetic rubber factory was not yet capable of dealing with the demands of the factories. Also, don''t worry about dyes, put people in factories, build a synthetic dye factory, India isn't worth invading expecially if nationlism ramps up, the high base population is a double edge sword, means ALOT of rebels. Remember, more factories on the mainland, more craftsmen, clerks and capitalist... ALSO means more soldiers as they keep up with the 2%. Industrializations means a larger standing army, less likely to call upon the mobilization. (Although not avoidable in all cases)

At this point, all the availiable land to be grabbed, has been grabbed, and you need to use high infamy casus belli's for any more land grabbing... the Dutch in my game (usually allied with every one and their dog, and dog's toy), had become anarcho liberal, and had no allies... the Belgians and Germans invaded, so did the English at one point. So I took the oil colonies in South East Asia. The coffee is nice as well.
    Also, when you are not keeping admin up to 100% in the mainland, and your clergies at a constant 2%, promote capitalist, you should be naturally getting craftsmen and clerks, at times having troubles giving them jobs. ALWAYS try to start the new industries ASAP, the Imperialist party is your best friend, the conservative party is nice, but interventionalist. Your Liberal party is pro military, so a spell of them won't screw up your military compared to other liberal parties in other nations. (Your industries should be green across the board, aside from you armament industries (at level 1, they are usually red... but I keep them going anyway). Work hard to keep the Anti military and pacifist parties out of power, with any means neccessary. Ride the militancy waves for more reforms, more bureaucrats means more homeland soldiers (increasing need of bureaucrat population, more percentage Bureacrats. Means a higher population of soldiers before modifiers kick in to keep the population of soldiers at the ~2% point) ALWAYS GET PUBLIC EDUCATION FIRST! MORE RESEARCH POINTS, MOAR AWESOME! Extend voting rights last, since they are usually in high demand, it will keep reform rate up, as well as social reform, they love the arts, do it last (For some reason, the arts rate more highly in their mind over Safety, Health, minimum wages, pensions et all, for reason unknown to me.).

The motto of Japan, if you need that resource... take it. By late game, China's army is more manageable, and don't worry about reforming the draft away... the high population densities in Japan allow for a damn high base mobilization anyhow.
    Unemployment got you down, don't worry, the new world and your colonies will suck up alot of them. Usually not enough, but soldier pops like spawning overseas. An amazing thing because I like having Japanese regulars and artillery.

Sphering strategy, go for South America, northern most states, or the most stable ones, a play it by ear thing. Go for nations that no one touches, take them for their markets. Then sphere China, and try to keep it.
    Late game, choose your Great Wars wisely, catch up in military tech, you should be dominant in industry and commerce, and culture if you felt like it was worth the prestige (I did, since I was mostly against uncivs or manageable secondaries).

I'm thinking of doing a German game, or a Russia one.

I know, probably a "TL : DR" somewhere, but it should answer the more popular questions. Anything else? Originally posted in the 4.3.4 feedback section.

Also, never sign the Geneva convention, the loss of 10% military funding is very noticeable on your soldier pops which become craftsmen or something... Bleh. More Soldiers for the Empire!
    Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    "Fascist: I am angry about something but find it difficult to articulate exactly what it is. " ~Developer Diary 13 – Upper House and Reform - Victoria 2~

After a few ontainment wars against France, Russia, GB, Italy and the Ottoman Empire I finally managed to create a "Greater Germany". I also took over pretty much all of Holland because they kept attacking me as an ally of some GP, Belgium was conquered because without it my borders would look shitty Poland and Galicia Ladomeria were taken for the same reason as Belgium...

Is that a tiny unabsorbed Luxemboug hiding on your border? Shame on you! But well done on the greater germany, that's still on my to do list

Yes, I somewhat failed at this. I never really took care about Luxemburg, and my try to take over Luxemburg via event failed. Now they're in French SOI...

First Japanese game with this mod.
    It was very fun, one of the best time I ever had with this game... until the dreadful year 1869, when my whole world crashed.
    Japan is really interesting to play, far more powerful than most of the unciz, huge pop, high literacy, too far away for the gready hands of the big European bullies, and some interesting events.
    With Pop Demands, there is clearly a feeling that you are not playing " like any unciv ", thank you for that.

I managed to became the third power in prestige, military and economy.
    Korea was conquered one piece at at a time, it tooks three wars for the brave samourai to crush their countless ennemies ( who fought bravely a desperate war against four times their number of Japanese but, heck, it's the winner who write the story !)
    In the meantime, Hawai was taken with the goal of establishing a huge naval base.
    Immediatly after the first Korean war and the acquisition of Hawai, Japan fell into the USA SOE, wich was a blessing against the greedy Russians.

In 1854, the glorious Meiji restoration occured ( 60+ military wasn't so easy to get, finally ! But it's so worth it...)
    Seoul fall two month later, and less than one year after, with the first rows of factories, Japan was a great power on his own, skyrocketting immediatly at place 5.
    The next years were full glory, with Japan becoming the world factory, grasping the Heavenly Kingdom out of the hands of the British, fighting a succesfull and costly war against the United Kingdom to defend it's integrity.
    It needed to invade the whole British India to just get a white peace... victory was ours thanks to the gods and our bravery ! ( ... and endless waves of Chinese cannon fodder...)

After that all was fine, a little casus belli against Bahreďn and another one against Zululand helped the growth of my prestige, my armies were stronger each, so was my economy... and then it was the doom.
    On the infamous year 1869, the dreams of Meiji were shattered.
    Something like 300+ Jacobin brigades torned my beautiful land appart, helped by three quarters of my own soldiers... In one week, the mighty army of the rising sun was no more.
    The Tsar saw the opportunity and radicaly changed his mind : he declared war to Japan, with the goal to get the whole Sakhalin island at first... and after seing that not a single soldier would defend the Meiji emperor, Russia added the " liberation " of China in it's demands, adding it to it's SOE.
    Finally, the Korean and Hawaian nationalists took the opportunity and thrown off Japanese rule when the main islands where still ravaged by the Jacobin plague.

I quitted there, seppuku was clearly the way to go.

And if anyone got tips about those incredible Jacobin rebellion, domo arigato in advance !

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of Nations

Sounds like an awesome game!

Try to keep the Militancy at a low level - or pass reforms, when they are up to sth rebellion-like. ;D
    I experienced, that having a party in front, which has the same ideology as the most of your people, will decrease the Militancy of your people

Not quite an empire - though it would be if I had kept an absolute monarchy - yet, but I wanted to show off a little. Could have probably accomplished this on Jan 1 1850 as the last thing I needed was the State and Government technology, but I just went ahead and researched something else instead of building up a surplus.

Allied with Russia on Day 1. Declared war on Denmark on Day 2, eventually seizing everything except their capital province, raising my infamy right to the limit. Kept spending diplo points on keeping Russia happy. Was working on the usual sphering/preparing for war with Austria that anyone playing Prussia and trying to unite the NGF would do, but to my surprise... Russia declares war on Austria to sphere Krakow and calls me to the fight. I am giddy with excitement. After a fairly long war in which I added the Assert Hegemony wargoal, we win. Figured I'd just try and maintain the status quo - keep my sphere - until I could research state and government and form the NGF before taking on France. But then around 1846 France is overrun with Jacobin rebels, I yell "fortune favors the bold!" at my monitor and attack before I'm really prepared, and the war is over fairly quickly. At some point, I forget because it's so trivial, I annexed the dump Danish state because having it there annoys me, and that's worth 20 Infamy in my book.

My opportunism paid off, and there was no way France could reorganize and take the territory back before I formed Germany without violating the truce. Luxemburg ended up joining on its own in 1854 and around that time Germany overtook the UK as the #1 power, and I'm debating what to do next, with 80 or so years of European continental hegemony. My first instinct is maintaining a bloc of states on France's border either in my sphere or allied (Spain and Belgium are GPs) for the inevitable routine of having to defend Alsace-Lorraine every decade, and taking French colonial possessions in every war. Beating down, sphering, and annexing Austria is on the agenda if its possible in PDM.

That was a fun 20 year ride, lemme tell ya.
    "In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge." - Yes, Minister

Just checked up on the thread and saw the 1857 Greater Germany above mine, could I sphere Austria-Hungary in a couple wars in my game and match the feat?

Gonna go give it a try.
    "In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge." - Yes, Minister

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Arthochtonien View Post
    First Japanese game with this mod.
    It was very fun, one of the best time I ever had with this game... until the dreadful year 1869, when my whole world crashed.
    Japan is really interesting to play, far more powerful than most of the unciz, huge pop, high literacy, too far away for the gready hands of the big European bullies, and some interesting events.
    With Pop Demands, there is clearly a feeling that you are not playing " like any unciv ", thank you for that.

I managed to became the third power in prestige, military and economy.
    Korea was conquered one piece at at a time, it tooks three wars for the brave samourai to crush their countless ennemies ( who fought bravely a desperate war against four times their number of Japanese but, heck, it's the winner who write the story !)
    In the meantime, Hawai was taken with the goal of establishing a huge naval base.
    Immediatly after the first Korean war and the acquisition of Hawai, Japan fell into the USA SOE, wich was a blessing against the greedy Russians.

In 1854, the glorious Meiji restoration occured ( 60+ military wasn't so easy to get, finally ! But it's so worth it...)
    Seoul fall two month later, and less than one year after, with the first rows of factories, Japan was a great power on his own, skyrocketting immediatly at place 5.
    The next years were full glory, with Japan becoming the world factory, grasping the Heavenly Kingdom out of the hands of the British, fighting a succesfull and costly war against the United Kingdom to defend it's integrity.
    It needed to invade the whole British India to just get a white peace... victory was ours thanks to the gods and our bravery ! ( ... and endless waves of Chinese cannon fodder...)

After that all was fine, a little casus belli against Bahreďn and another one against Zululand helped the growth of my prestige, my armies were stronger each, so was my economy... and then it was the doom.
    On the infamous year 1869, the dreams of Meiji were shattered.
    Something like 300+ Jacobin brigades torned my beautiful land appart, helped by three quarters of my own soldiers... In one week, the mighty army of the rising sun was no more.
    The Tsar saw the opportunity and radicaly changed his mind : he declared war to Japan, with the goal to get the whole Sakhalin island at first... and after seing that not a single soldier would defend the Meiji emperor, Russia added the " liberation " of China in it's demands, adding it to it's SOE.
    Finally, the Korean and Hawaian nationalists took the opportunity and thrown off Japanese rule when the main islands where still ravaged by the Jacobin plague.

I quitted there, seppuku was clearly the way to go.

And if anyone got tips about those incredible Jacobin rebellion, domo arigato in advance !

Max out that military slider and give reforms, don't worry about your liberal party, they like war too. (Pro military)
    Personally it is fairly easy to keep the Imperialist in power.
    Also, where was your navy, you should be able to keep the Russians out of Sakhalin just by stacking them in that one strait.

As to tips to dealing with the Jacobins, just crush the smaller batches first, you should be able to overpower them with lesser numbers unless they had a god general. Which is rare. So long as you kept your funding high for the military stockpile as well.

If it is going REALLY bad, mobilize... get those peasants into gear.
    "Fascist: I am angry about something but find it difficult to articulate exactly what it is. " ~Developer Diary 13 – Upper House and Reform - Victoria 2~

Quote Originally Posted by tdpatriots12 View Post
    Not quite an empire - though it would be if I had kept an absolute monarchy - yet, but I wanted to show off a little. Could have probably accomplished this on Jan 1 1850 as the last thing I needed was the State and Government technology, but I just went ahead and researched something else instead of building up a surplus.

Allied with Russia on Day 1. Declared war on Denmark on Day 2, eventually seizing everything except their capital province, raising my infamy right to the limit. Kept spending diplo points on keeping Russia happy. Was working on the usual sphering/preparing for war with Austria that anyone playing Prussia and trying to unite the NGF would do, but to my surprise... Russia declares war on Austria to sphere Krakow and calls me to the fight. I am giddy with excitement. After a fairly long war in which I added the Assert Hegemony wargoal, we win. Figured I'd just try and maintain the status quo - keep my sphere - until I could research state and government and form the NGF before taking on France. But then around 1846 France is overrun with Jacobin rebels, I yell "fortune favors the bold!" at my monitor and attack before I'm really prepared, and the war is over fairly quickly. At some point, I forget because it's so trivial, I annexed the dump Danish state because having it there annoys me, and that's worth 20 Infamy in my book.

My opportunism paid off, and there was no way France could reorganize and take the territory back before I formed Germany without violating the truce. Luxemburg ended up joining on its own in 1854 and around that time Germany overtook the UK as the #1 power, and I'm debating what to do next, with 80 or so years of European continental hegemony. My first instinct is maintaining a bloc of states on France's border either in my sphere or allied (Spain and Belgium are GPs) for the inevitable routine of having to defend Alsace-Lorraine every decade, and taking French colonial possessions in every war. Beating down, sphering, and annexing Austria is on the agenda if its possible in PDM.

That was a fun 20 year ride, lemme tell ya.

Very neat borders apart from Transylvania - well done!
    Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonesos Taurica, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estland, Livland, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories – hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpatriots12 View Post
    Just checked up on the thread and saw the 1857 Greater Germany above mine, could I sphere Austria-Hungary in a couple wars in my game and match the feat?

Gonna go give it a try.
    Nope, AFAIK no. You need to cut of all their non-german cores, then you can annex them via "three hurrahs for Germany", but its not possible to add them to a preformed Germany.

The only thing you could try is ripping off their non-german cores (as I did, in 3 wars), and wait for a pan-nationalist revolution....

sorry for my bad english

btw, if you start a new game, go for Austria first. Their army at the beginning is about 40 brigades, if they recruit all their brigades they have 80...
    Last edited by Maggix; 17-10-2011 at 14:40.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is my first game of Victoria 2. I am a skilled EU3 player, but new to Victoria 2. I think I did pretty well, although from what I have read, Belgium is a pretty easy country.

I have a lot of scattered provinces because me, the UK, and Austria won a great war against France and dismantled their empire. Germany formed very late, around 1930 or so. I built the Suez Canal and Germany built the Kiel Canal, but no Panama Canal.

Canada broke down very early into the game. Soviet Union is blobbing like mad. Algeria was a Great Power for a while. There are many strange things I could point out in this game.

Sorry about the large images. Don't know how to fix.

Let us begin by getting my Nerd-dom out of the way... U.K game 1936 end results. PDM 4.3.9

Near the end of the game I wanted to go head on head with the second place power at the time, France. They also called in Spain. I managed to wrangle a Great War casus belli on both of them and ended the war, in the period of 2 years peace afterwards (1934-1936) they did not dismember or fall apart like the Soviet Union or the Netherlands did. (They were at peace, it was actually the quietest the world's ever been). Which is to say that the Second Great War of my world was actually of my doing because I wanted the French cut down.
    About the 2nd GW, The fighting was generally done in the Rock of the Gibralter (dear god it was epic), and the Bulgarian-Greece front.

Great Powers and Secondaries - 1936

The Gibralter saw the greatest bloodshed in the war, with over 2 million Spanish and French forces against 100k British forces (In there entirety, over the period of the year that battle was fought.)
    In the end, I only knew it was that many after seeing the casualty list briefly, because that was the amount dead and I quickly proceeded to occupy and force the Great War casus belli on Spain.
    Naval Wise, the French had more numbers, mostly cruisers whereas I had many more dreadnoughts, probably 2x the next 7 Great Powers combined. Either way, I gained control of the Channel, and then the Atlantic and crushed the Brazilian/Guyanan/French forces in South Amerca (got a white peace from the South American forces) and proceeded to control the rest of the Atlantic theatre. Quickest part of the war.
    Greeco-Bulgarian front, involved the most manuveuring out of the theatres, and saw some big battles, within 2 years we finally kicked out the French forces and told the Bulgarians to 'STFU' due to the late arrival of the Romanians (Truce on cooldown).
    After the Gibralter battle and the destruction of Spain, all forces proceeded to occupy France where the last bit of the French army were finally crushed. Africa was a cakewalk so I didn't have much to say there.

Now, that was the 2nd Great War, which means there was a first. That involved my coalition against the Dutch and the RUSSIANS(!)... which is to say, the Russians. The Dutch fell pretty quickly, lost their entire navy and was occupied within 5-6 months.
    The Russians were a trickier beast because I had the entirety of the Chinese and Indian border to deal with. I was doing amphibious landings in the Baltic, capturing and falling back from Russian uber stacks, and then landing somewhere else.
    After much slogging and manuvuering, we finally crushed the Russians (who also had a side war with the Austrians/Germans/French in the latter half of my war.
    We succeeded in the Great War against the Dutch and the Russians, hence my dominance in the Middle East which was originally Russian.
    The Dutch lost their colonies, and the Germans gained a bit, which I traded Heligioland (meh, artic fish) for the Javan oil province of win. It wasn't even fair, Heligioland was 80% British at the time. :/

World Map - 1936

The Irish on the other hand, I released a while back due to the fact that in a colonial war against the Russians saw a second large outbreak of Irish and it was holding 3 divisions which I could use elsewhere. So after the war of me saving Kashmir (pre 1900), I released the Irish and they did quite spectacularily (while freeing up 10k in the budget and 3 divisions) while being one of my staunchest allies in the 2 Great Wars.
    Standard breakdown from here on, I released my Dominions when the events prompted because they weren't benefitting me, although I wish they wouldn't have SO MUCH PRESTIGE ON RELEASE T.T because they would all become G.P's for a bit and then go back to being secondaries thus me losing my dominions. They all stayed allies with me though, so I didn't do too badly.

Population statistics - 1936

Note: On Population statistics, pretty sure the mainland (U.K itself) might have consituted a combine population of 10% farmers and labourers... and the rest, is, everything else, mostly clerks and craftsmen. Yes, that is 8.09 M British in South East England, got a Baby boom event for it since the immigration portion never works... There is high unemployment there. XD
    Great Powers- Yes, that is a one province Communist Israel you are seeing.
    Because of a bug, I was making radios, automobiles and some other factory goods out of thin air wit no inputs because the Capitalist reduction was a wee bit strong (already reported it though)

Only reason my economy was doing so well was a brief stint of the communist in the late 1890's in which I completely redid the factories. In many areas, and starting up the newer goods. The Americans were so close to beating me at the time. They never took over though.
    Note on Soviet Union, after the first Great War, they were knocked down to 24th place, by the end the only got to a secondary. They still have very little industry.
    Last edited by Nazaroth; 24-10-2011 at 20:39.

This was a really fun game. You'll notice all the weirdness in Russia and Austria. Austria attacked me early on while I was fighting down in Egypt, but right after Hungary rebelled and I made sure Austria didn't get the chance to reaquire their lands, and Hungary has stayed in my SoI since then.

I actually wasn't involved with the stuff in Russia, as all my wars with them consisted of sitting in my borderforts with 3+ level forts until I got 25 WS, the cowardly way
    Anyway, the reason for Russia being the way it is, is because it lost a Great War vs NGF and the UK.

I got most of Africe since I rushed colonization techs. I started researching Machine Guns on the day it unlocked and as such I got a lot of Africa before other GPs even got a chance to start.
    "This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read." - Winston Churchill.

"When one man die, it's a tragedy. When millions die, it's statistics" - Josef (Iosif) Vissarionovitsj Stalin.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." - Adolf Hitler.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Are those grey areas in central Canada a native nation that the USA forced Canada to release?
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Are those grey areas in central Canada a native nation that the USA forced Canada to release?
    Yup, it's the Metis Confederacy.
    "This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read." - Winston Churchill.

"When one man die, it's a tragedy. When millions die, it's statistics" - Josef (Iosif) Vissarionovitsj Stalin.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." - Adolf Hitler.

Played an almost totally peaceful game as Korea in PDM 4.4.0. I only annexed Ryukyu and Taiwan (formosa), which broke away from China when the Heavenly Kingdom formed. I focused on domestic politics by prioritizing the culture techs which gave me extra national focuses and then carefully managing them. I also implemented the reform which gives Korea Prussian Constitutionalism and then held constant elections in order to convince my people to become socialists. I was able to implement most of the important social policies this way. I took Freedom as my national idea (or whatever it's called), which gave me +75% immigrant attraction. This and the social policies meant that Korea got lots of immigrants, which I turned into factory workers. I still don't understand how immigration works, though - it virtually ceased sometime around 1900, and I couldn't figure out why. Korea's low literacy was fixed with lots of Clergymen and the education techs. My final technology tree was 3/0/30/29/30, so I'm pretty glad nobody ever attacked me (I maintained 200 relations with the other great powers with my diplomatic points). I was #3 for quite a while in the 1900s before that hideous United States leapfrogged me during the last year.

China never civilized and I kept them in my sphere through most of the game, although it was a real influence fight. That helped a lot with my industrialization. I was socialist for many years, but switched to Radicals at the end since my industry was fully developed at that point. Russia lost a great war and exploded into colors, then went fascist and retook the baltic states and various other bits. I was rather impressed with the seeming logic of this, and a great power Ukraine is pretty funny. Ukraine even tried to expand into Russia at one point.

After the other PDM versions, this one seemed refreshingly "normal" to me. Well done to the team.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Korea is a really "fresh" nation. Have you been involved in a major conflict or was it a peaceful game?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast