• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok so using the non-gamefront downloader and a new folder called FODD. I extracted all the stuff needed using 7-zip and put it into the folder...then I start FODD and all of a sudden a ton of "Abort/Retry/Ignore" options came up. So I choose ignore...because Abort/Retry shut the game down. I reinstalled it 3 times(same with the patch.) and when it opened the background was the regular DH background and not the FODD background. I shrugged thinking it was something odd...anyways. THEN I chose the scenario, robot nation, begin the game...and it opened the preloader screen to DHs preloader complete with their saying things...after waiting for a while I realized it wasn't loading and quit. DID THIS 3 MORE TIMES...and got the same result. So now I'm trying the Gamefront downloader and hoping it works...because if it doesn't its going to PISS THE HELL OUT OF ME!

...And its still not fucking working. What the hell...honestly this is bullshit. Those A/R/I things are Palettes or w/e...critical errors and such. I have NO FUCKING CLUE what I'm doing wrong...

What non Gamefront downloader? The only current release of the mod is a self extracting exe file that uses Windows installer functions. Use the installer, extract the patch from the rar file and overwrite files, same with the hotfix, and you will be fine.

Cheers,
Sword

Ah, the venerable president herself :) Might it have to do with the fact she appears in both sequels? ;)

Tandi dies in 2248 by very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Old Age

Ah, the venerable president herself :) Might it have to do with the fact she appears in both sequels? ;)
Yes, although not necessarily directly - for some reason I like the 'really old tough lady' thing, and since she appeared in the first Fallout, well, that makes her one old lady indeed by Fallout 2.

I really have to write an event about Tandi dying in the mod. She's insanely old by Fallout standards. I'll be starting to take notice of FO3 canon. Note that I've never finished FO3 myself and haven't played New Vegas yet.

I would like to add events about NCR politics, an alliance with Vault City, and more. It all takes time. I've realised the slowness in my modding is event writing. I spend hours to make one simple event chain. I suppose it's the creative writing in the event descriptions plus finding what I feel is the perfect picture for it. I used to love role playing, you see. ;)

Someone recently critised the mod for having a made up love affair between Joanne Lynette and a made up character. This is an inhouse reference to a player who contributed to the mod (Conqueror). It's now built in to a story line and event pool that spawns a minor nation called Vault 10.

Now that I know in canon there is a love interest between First Citizen Lynette and Councillor Westin, I will have to alter that content. I'm not against canon, but I have always been lazy about researching it and have often gone with my own creativity. In the end, I hope to make the mod more canon compliant and leave the additional creative content also.

The North America map is big and this is strategic empire building game engine. I felt I had to increase population and army sizes to make even remote sense. I felt I had to add made up nations to fill in the vast areas not covered by canon and many of these were in the mod when I took it over.

Everything is constrained by my real life responsibilities and unstructured, slow modding. Anyway, it's still quite a fun and polished mod with that Fallout setting.

@GeneralScrage
No worries, mate. I get tired and grumpy too. Hope you enjoy the mod after all that effort to install it.

Cheers,
Sword

I really have to write an event about Tandi dying in the mod. She's insanely old by Fallout standards. I'll be starting to take notice of FO3 canon. Note that I've never finished FO3 myself and haven't played New Vegas yet.

I would like to add events about NCR politics, an alliance with Vault City, and more. It all takes time. I've realised the slowness in my modding is event writing. I spend hours to make one simple event chain. I suppose it's the creative writing in the event descriptions plus finding what I feel is the perfect picture for it. I used to love role playing, you see. ;)

Someone recently critised the mod for having a made up love affair between Joanne Lynette and a made up character. This is an inhouse reference to a player who contributed to the mod (Conqueror). It's now built in to a story line and event pool that spawns a minor nation called Vault 10.

Now that I know in canon there is a love interest between First Citizen Lynette and Councillor Westin, I will have to alter that content. I'm not against canon, but I have always been lazy about researching it and have often gone with my own creativity. In the end, I hope to make the mod more canon compliant and leave the additional creative content also.

The North America map is big and this is strategic empire building game engine. I felt I had to increase population and army sizes to make even remote sense. I felt I had to add made up nations to fill in the vast areas not covered by canon and many of these were in the mod when I took it over.

Everything is constrained by my real life responsibilities and unstructured, slow modding. Anyway, it's still quite a fun and polished mod with that Fallout setting.

@GeneralScrage
No worries, mate. I get tired and grumpy too. Hope you enjoy the mod after all that effort to install it.

Cheers,
Sword

Sword,make events for Elections in NCR,if you want i can give to you possible candidates of NCR politics.

Sword. I find the development of event chains is expedited by the use of a program called Freemind which allows you to lay out clear, branching chains with notes as needed.

Awesome, thank you; I need something like that. Checking it out now.

Cheers,
Sword

Sword,make events for Elections in NCR,if you want i can give to you possible candidates of NCR politics.

OK but you have to be patient with me. I have to finish some other stuff first. So I may also ask for ideas on how to simply handle Lynette and Westin and a possible alliance between NCR and VC.

Cheers,
Sword

P.S. Why aren't you in Heaven?

hello. does this work on the steam version too? i get 3 abort/retrys then CTD. have reinstalled several times. saw something about the most current version not working with the mod?

If you check the first post, you'll see this.

Fallout's Doomsday
A mod for Darkest Hour 1.02

That is the version you need. Follow the instructions: install mod 2.0, patch 2.0.8 then hotfix A.

Cheers,
Sword

OK but you have to be patient with me. I have to finish some other stuff first. So I may also ask for ideas on how to simply handle Lynette and Westin and a possible alliance between NCR and VC.

Cheers,
Sword

P.S. Why aren't you in Heaven?

OK :D.I will send to you possible candidates.

Hmm, the Chosen One is rather lacklustre, no? It's '52 with I having conquered around three-fifths of America yet he is still beating up the enclave. I would've expected a more full-blown invasion. Or perhaps I was too much of a warmonger in the meantime? Hmm.

The future doesn't look very bright for our hero...

Nha... It's more cause the enclave's ships block the way every time they try to reach their capital. Unfortunately, our hero resent the mass bombing technique and (w/o navy) is convinced that through sheer determination the enclave's fleet will leave them pass. Unfortunately, almost never work that way.

EDIT: And when it isn't product of their fleets, the Enclave's doomstack do the trick.

Also is it just me or does Marauder activity / Revolt Risk seem to increase as time goes on...
The other way around for my. I notice it when some territories are with 1-3% of revolt risk and garrisoned tend to become 0% over some months (I'm excluding upgrades as possible causes, as I was paying attention to them).
And according to misc.txt, the reduction should be of 0.10 % every month.

Hmm. And poor Chosen One. The Chosen one now lives in Alaska, apparently, xD.

Also, the taxation techs seem like a put-off other than for the Fort event. Do they provide any bonuses other than the single $1 off-map production?