• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fallout is such an amazing series, you should really try to play it again. Fallout 3 was done by a different developer and doesn't have very much in common with the first two but fallout NV is fairly true to the spirit of the original games.

Fallout is such an amazing series, you should really try to play it again. Fallout 3 was done by a different developer and doesn't have very much in common with the first two but fallout NV is fairly true to the spirit of the original games.

yes, unfortunately it is fallout 3 that I have... hmm

I must go see if I can get the originals from gg?

when i tried to load up a save i encountered this problem, however i was still able to play the game by pressing ignore, would you look into it?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/gecko.png/

If ur trying to load an old game, im afraid that error will be there always.

You can't, I'm afraid. If you want to buy it, and don't want the hassle of trying to get a physical copy, there is always Good Old Games.

AFAIK, they were selling (very cheap) Fo1 & 2 on gog.com

And check out mods for Fallout 2 like the Fallout 2 Restoration Project, or start out simple by playing the vanilla game using the unofficial High Resolution Patch.

I imagine that you recommend Fallout 2 cos it's much more recent than Fallout 1?

Not so much so (1998 instead of 1997), but longer, bigger and, arguably, more ambitious. You're probably better off by starting with Fallout 1, then moving on to Fallout 2.
But this is starting to get dangerously OT :)

I imagine that you recommend Fallout 2 cos it's much more recent than Fallout 1?

Well, game-tech wise (graphics, engine etc.) - yes, absolutely, but its still long way off from the games we have today. But its the feel & gameplay that counts, right? ;)

Also, as somebody else said here, make sure u download the newest version of Restoration Project for Fo2 - not only does it restore the cut-out content, but also patches almost all the bugs that were left in the game with the latest OFFICIAL patch + includes the resolution patch etc...

I think I may have accidentally caused this but whenever I load a save it crashes once the time starts running. I think I caused this accidentally by going into the misc. file and changing the max active tech teams to 6. Then i changed it back to 5. Oddly enough, during the loading of these saves it doesn't get the error mentioned in one of the other posts where you must press ignore to continue. If I take out all the FODD files and reinstall it basically. Will it be compatible with the saves? I don't want to have to restart my NCR campaign(currently at Sept 6. 1944 and the massive War has begun between the Polar Station guys led by the Chosen One and basically everyone else, though the FUSA died in 1941 so i guess a American Union isn't possible)

I think I may have accidentally caused this but whenever I load a save it crashes once the time starts running. I think I caused this accidentally by going into the misc. file and changing the max active tech teams to 6. Then i changed it back to 5. Oddly enough, during the loading of these saves it doesn't get the error mentioned in one of the other posts where you must press ignore to continue. If I take out all the FODD files and reinstall it basically. Will it be compatible with the saves? I don't want to have to restart my NCR campaign(currently at Sept 6. 1944 and the massive War has begun between the Polar Station guys led by the Chosen One and basically everyone else, though the FUSA died in 1941 so i guess a American Union isn't possible)
how are you playing? i thought this was still WIP

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I've checked my working installation of the mod and the master files and here are the settings from my mods\FODD\db\misc.txt file.
Code:
# _MISSION_ATTACK_
	1 	# 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
	1.0	# Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
	1.0	# Speed bonus: (Move time * This / mission_efficiency). Lower the better

I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.

Yes, I'm using the RC1 of patch of DH patch 1.02. I hope that is no issue. Could a DH dev let me know if it is? I can fix any problems when I get back from holidays.

@warpedmind Yes I will update the first post in the thread with release information when I have time.

@novapaddy Thanks!

@keynes2.0 That would be fantastic but we have some people who have also expressed interest in modding the map. If you head over to our Terranova forum you can catch up on the Map Renovation thread. Anything you all can do for the map would be great. There were great ideas like using a new graphic style for the mod map, one which fits the Fallout setting.

@whatguts See previous answer. :)

@votadc Great work, mate! Why don't put the amended files up? I will add them to a patch and include them officially.

@123xyz8, arturius, novapaddy, kaisermuffin, viden Thanks for your reports.

@MartinBG Thanks mate. Better late than never. To think, I had wanted to release in time for DH release. It's a labour of love, of course. Now Darkest Hour has a strong science fiction mod. hehehe

@Elitech Yeah, the music files are in the installer. I am keeping the movie files separate as they won't show unless I overwrite the main game movie files. Hey Martin, intro movies running from a mod subfolder would be a nice feature. What about allowing any bink files stored in a \mods\xxxx\avi folder to play in alphabetical order? That way we don't even need to name the movies the same as the Paradox ones?

Cheers,
Sword