• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for a new update Sword. Everything works just fine,only when i play like 2-3hours game crashes randomly.

But that happens on normal HOI as well.

But i would like to ask about the aicraft carrier in-game?
I was playing as Enclave,Shi,NCR and i never got the event with Aircraft carrier...supposedly there should be one right?

I couldnt even find it in event folder.

Any hint?:)

@Smitzer
There is no way to get a Lost Carrier yet. It was meant to be included in expanding the mod into the Pacific.

@TXTwilight
LOL :D

@JRHINDO and ^_AC_^
Thanks!

===============
I am working on patch 2.0.6 right now. Now that I've decided to take a step back from the mod, modding seems more enjoyable again! hehe

Below is a list of what is done so far.

I am waiting to hear back from Vladimir about the small icons. If he doesn't reply soon, I'll do it myself using the existing unit counters. I will have to shrink them a bit to make the smaller icons.

Idea
I am wondering if anyone is interested in helping this mod by joining a "micro modding" team. The aim would be to set very small goals, like creating 1-2 events per time period. That's kind of how I see my involvement from now on, as well as responding to forum posts, co-ordination if needed, and helping the1sean.

If we have a few people doing that, we would be able to keep releasing new versions of the mod as these small tasks can add up. I would think the time period should be monthly.

Anyway, post here if anyone is interested.

Release 2.0.6 so far
* Zoomooz detected that changing GDE is not cumulative. You must set the desired level. Amended Industry techs Advanced Armor and New Era Power Armor accordingly.
* I forgot to change the conditions to fire some precursor events to the end game war. They would fire even if the end game war starts early. Fixed.
* Changed the trigger for an early final war to be 140 VPs instead of 120.
* Tripled Stockpile limits multiplier for supplies and oil in \db\misc.txt. There are many events in the mod that depend on high levels of supplies to trigger, so the previous value is too low for small nations like the Reservation.
* Updated some minor content in the McKane event pool regarding the dates in the mod.
* Adding a picture called hoping_for_a_hero reported as missing from the End Game event The North Star is Shining.
* I updated several attachment pictures and also implemented several custom national attachment pictures. The new pictures for machineguns, motorbikes and 75mm artillery should suit FODD nations better.
* Now that DH allows province pictures even for non urban provinces, I'm reverting several provinces to their original types: Navarro Base (hills), Vault City (mountain), Unimak Island (hills).
* Updated the rebel spawn events so that some now happen in waves with a descriptive event for the player to know what each spawning is about. More spawnings could be added by splitting the main spawn event into smaller groups. Removed hour = x from event timings as it is not recommended to use it. Found and fixed some bugs in the Marauder spawn events. Some random spawn events remain.
* Added commands to transfer of control to REB for each specified province. This can't be done to the random province spawns. This ensures the province goes to Rebel control so nations can then occupy and pacifiy it. We could add every Wasteland province explicitly to the Marauder spawn events to ensure every province is taken over and therefore able to be pacified.
* Updated some scenario nation descriptions to remove references to Hub Reckoning calendar. Also removed a slightly insulting comment in scenario description text for New Republic of Mexico.
* Added a batch file to remove the now obsolete 1936 scenario files from the mod installation.

Ok well...atleast someting to look for...
SInce the Navy is lesser importance in this game i was only curios.

Your new update sounds great...but i manged to play game as NCR to the end and i must say the alliences get pretty messed up...

Arroyo was against Polar Zeta...Enclave was gone before the war...really enclave need some boost they should be a majer,strong,dangerous power and yet they always yield before some savages from arroyo :)

I mean the game is great to play the first years but when u get to the ending its usually higher MP wins...not IC since i had IC but no manpower...but it seems that other nations always have enough manpower in one province to build 70battalions!

Of course you stomp them anyway its just little weird.
Air power is pretty well done...but bassicaly its productive to build V-birds or Zeppelins only simple because of their range.Once you start building there usually no power to stop you...air fights are almost non-existant for me.

Anyway your mod is a great deal of fun...and i am excited for more.
Thank you Sword.

I am waiting to hear back from Vladimir about the small icons. If he doesn't reply soon, I'll do it myself using the existing unit counters. I will have to shrink them a bit to make the smaller icons.

Check your mail, buddy

By the way, this version of FoDD is no longer for Doomsday, but rather for Darkest Hour, so, perhaps, it should be renamed FoDH :)

Also, Sword, what's up with the policy sliders? Currently East BoS starts as Fundamentalist Oligarchy...

-added-

Trying to change Den's slaving raid to be decisions, rather than events.
Mostly successfully, but don't understand, how to prohibit player from using them constantly (i.e. how to make sure that decision can only be fired not more often than once in 180 days)
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Having a blast playing this. Great work guys.

I'm having the same issue with right-clicking and only being allowed to issue Support Attack commands. I did a fresh install with the .exe so I don't think that's the issue.

I'm using the Steam version of the game, if that matters. I did have to go and move the files into the correct place after installing - a separate "Darkest Hour" folder with Mods subfolder (and FODD withing that) had been created inside the main game folder within SteamApps.

OK, quick question.

Im making a nation. Simple, right? :D Question is this - im adding units for that nation that they have in the beginning. I read somewhere that u can add attachments to those starting units that the nation didnt or doesnt have researched yet.

If thats too complicated, here's what i need/want to do - i want to give a tier/lvl 1 scout unit an EMP grenade attachment (while the nation itself doesnt have access to build EMP grenade attachments). Anybody know how I can do that, what line i need to put in? Right now, Im missing the "extra", i have

landunit = {
location = 687 # Cape Girardeau
id = { type = 10039 id = 6 }
name = "01. Brothers Company"
division = {
id = { type = 10039 id = 7 }
name = "In Tech We Trust"
type = paratrooper
model = 1
extra =
}
}

OK, quick question.

Im making a nation. Simple, right? :D Question is this - im adding units for that nation that they have in the beginning. I read somewhere that u can add attachments to those starting units that the nation didnt or doesnt have researched yet.

If thats too complicated, here's what i need/want to do - i want to give a tier/lvl 1 scout unit an EMP grenade attachment (while the nation itself doesnt have access to build EMP grenade attachments). Anybody know how I can do that, what line i need to put in? Right now, Im missing the "extra", i have

landunit = {
location = 687 # Cape Girardeau
id = { type = 10039 id = 6 }
name = "01. Brothers Company"
division = {
id = { type = 10039 id = 7 }
name = "In Tech We Trust"
type = paratrooper
model = 1
extra =
}
}

Here is how:
Code:
       extra         = artillery 
       brigade_model = 6

@JRHINDO
No, it's not! Anyway, it's in techsupport forum. Get the latest beta patch and at the bottom of the first post is a winrar file with the new exe.

Cheers,
Sword

Hvala! = Thanks!

I take it it was just an example, cause u just gave them a blank_model of artillery ;)

But i got it now :)

Also, Reavers are "almost" done... U might wanna start preparing pictures/graphics for them.

Last edited:
@JRHINDO
No, it's not! Anyway, it's in techsupport forum. Get the latest beta patch and at the bottom of the first post is a winrar file with the new exe.

Cheers,
Sword
Oh yes sorry, probation is preventing me from accessing tech support... I find this abusive, going send a complaint to someone!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but aren't there any tech research problems with the campaign with the 'correct' date? Specifically the since the date is so late and the techs are still calibrated for 1936 or has that been accounted for?