• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think its still the same problem back from FoDD HoI2. Load up as FUSA and check your Mercs in the overview tech tab.

The general event saying that theres some heavy activity up there and that the north star is shining.

For the new 2240 timeline you should remove the 1936 Hub Reckoning event :p

3). No, no, no. Read that event closely. The text is different. :)

2). The picture seems fine to me. You sure that you've installed the mod OK and the recent patch?

1). Yes, there is some problem I've never been able to fix.

Cheers,
Sword

3). No, no, no. Read that event closely. The text is different. :)
And in the spirit of what the new text says: several of the McKane events prior to him being sent on a mission make reference to the Hub Reckoning calendar (in fact, one of his events is called the Old Calendar, because he explains his confusion about the new calendar there).

@LordInsane
Good catch, I will fix that.

@timmyvos
Yes, isn't it ironic? hehehe I use good graphics wherever I can find them. No challenge to copyright is intended, this is a non profit fan mod.

@JRHINDO
I'll add that picture to 2.0.6 just in case it was not included in the main installer package. I could check whether it is included, but that would take me the time to reinstall the mod from scratch using the installer.

Cheers,
Sword

@the1sean
Yeah but it was buried in the text for those events. How could you know that event chain? This mod has hundreds, nay thousands, of events!

Cheers,
Sword
I seem to have found a two more, though not amongst events - I was checking Vault 10's description, and realized it mentioned Hub Reckoning, as does Kurtz's Camp's.

Playing as the enclave, and am having a bit of a problem with my convoy ships being destroyed. I have three pvt boats, with a fairly good sub detection and attack in the sea province where the convoys are being destroyed, but am not finding anything. At the moment it is pretty early, and my sea tech is quite low. I am at war with arryo and the shin and the shin do have four subs which I think are the culprits (both enemies have fast attack boats as well but I have successfully found and engaged them). Am I doing something wrong, as convoys are not the cheap through away item that they are in hoi2 and I am facing the real possibility of losing navarro through lack of supplies alone?

Thanks for posting, cyric1. Reading that people out there enjoy it makes it all worthwhile. :D

@zoomooz
Yeah, I found the same when playing the Enclave. It is the Shi Empire's submarine force doing the damage.

I did get engagements with my naval patrols, though not often. The subs would break off without much damage though.

You could try naval bombardment to help the sub hunting if and when you research those techs and build Vertibird bombers.

The exact values of naval units in the mod could possibly be refined. Not many players report back on how they find the balance of the stats used in the mod. Let me know if you have any thoughts on how naval combat could be improved.

But overall, I'm happy that the Enclave struggles with keeping Navarro supplied against the Shi would have submarines. In most games, AI Enclave loses Navarro Base quite easily.

Mod Update
It looks like Vlad Pavlov will update the small unit icons that show on the left hand pane when you click on a stack. So I am holding off release 2.0.6 till then.

I have a big announcement for the mod. The Jedi Mod Master is retiring and a promising Jedi Padawan has stepped forward to claim his Knighthood. the1sean will take over Fallout's Doomsday mod. I will no longer be leading this mod but will still be around to assist and still add content when I feel like doing so.

I need to step back due to my life circumstances. Yet every time I try to walk away, I still end up doing some more and enjoying that. So having someone else to "carry the torch" while I assist and do a little seems ideal.

No project can go on forever. But let's see what more can come of this project. The fact that it has a few thousand downloads plus players keep posting now and then that they enjoy the mod makes it feel worthwhile to me. This has been an outlet for my gamer's creativity over these last few years. We'll see how things pan out in the next few months. You may find a new 2255 scenario made, there is talk of a map update, and adding new nations to the mod. We'll see what happens.

Cheers,
Sword

Can't create good strategy for Robot Nation. Anyone know, how to take this large forts: Recreation, Undernation, Broken Hills? I always bring down Khans and Gecko, but then territory becomes too huge and difficult to control...

First of all, thank you guys for this great mod.
I just downloaded the newest version, but it seems, that my Units can not attack enmey troops. The just can support the attack, but not engaged in combat and yes, i already got the event, that I have full military control. In earlier versions this problem never appeared, but now i have it with my NCR and Enclave campaign (the year is something around 2250)
Is this a bug, or a do I need to wait a little longer for an event I did not knwo from the previous versions`?

First of all, thank you guys for this great mod.
I just downloaded the newest version, but it seems, that my Units can not attack enmey troops. The just can support the attack, but not engaged in combat and yes, i already got the event, that I have full military control. In earlier versions this problem never appeared, but now i have it with my NCR and Enclave campaign (the year is something around 2250)
Is this a bug, or a do I need to wait a little longer for an event I did not knwo from the previous versions`?

Hi buddy, check the first post of the thread again. It seems as though you are not using the correct version of DH with new exe.

@Dark Archon
It is hard to break a strong defensive position in this mod. Here are some tactics I use:

- Try to attack from higher infrastructure provinces that your enemy. Break off the attack after a few days when you're losing. You will recover Org faster than them. Then attack again. So with waves of attacks you will slowly grind them down.
- The AI often runs out of manpower. So you can whittle down opposing unit strength levels at the same time if you reinforce faster than the enemy army.
- Air power can be brutal. You can bomb reinforcing units moving behind his lines into oblivion. And the air power can really tip a battle in your favour. It can help if you get the AI to move into a province then defend it so they don't get their defensive bonus.
- Of course, try to maximimise your combat odds. Attack from many provinces with high level leaders in good weather.
- Try to sucker out some of the enemy units in a strong defensive province. For that, you should aim to allow them to grab some Wastelands provinces if possible. They might move units there. Sometimes you can let them take some of your provinces to thin out their lines, then suddenly attack on the main point you want to capture.
- Try to out tech your enemy and upgrade your land army. If your model level is higher I notice it makes a big difference in tough battles.
- The mod is designed that attachments should be useful. I always brigade my units. It should be IC efficient if you calculate the costs vs the stats you get. Look for more Soft Attack. Machineguns are good.
- It's good to have fast motor raider units to dash in and capture a province quickly. They will get beaten back but you transfer control of that province to you. You can rob enemy IC this way as battles see saw back and forth across a province.

Robot Nation is a hard nation to play. One province minors like Broken Hills and New Reno are tough no matter what. They can't usually expand and they sit with huge army stacks in one province. You need to out tech them then make waves of massive offensives to wear them down.

Hope you enjoy the struggle as the Robot! :D

Cheers,
Sword