+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout's Doomsday 2.0 for Darkest Hour

Fallout is such an amazing series, you should really try to play it again. Fallout 3 was done by a different developer and doesn't have very much in common with the first two but fallout NV is fairly true to the spirit of the original games.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

when i tried to load up a save i encountered this problem, however i was still able to play the game by pressing ignore, would you look into it?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/gecko.png/

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keynes2.0 View Post
    Fallout is such an amazing series, you should really try to play it again. Fallout 3 was done by a different developer and doesn't have very much in common with the first two but fallout NV is fairly true to the spirit of the original games.
    yes, unfortunately it is fallout 3 that I have... hmm

I must go see if I can get the originals from gg?

Quote Originally Posted by novapaddy View Post
    I must go see if I can get the originals from gg?
    You can't, I'm afraid. If you want to buy it, and don't want the hassle of trying to get a physical copy, there is always Good Old Games.

Fallout Developer (FoDD)

Quote Originally Posted by whatguts View Post
    when i tried to load up a save i encountered this problem, however i was still able to play the game by pressing ignore, would you look into it?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/gecko.png/
    If ur trying to load an old game, im afraid that error will be there always.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsane View Post
    You can't, I'm afraid. If you want to buy it, and don't want the hassle of trying to get a physical copy, there is always Good Old Games.
    AFAIK, they were selling (very cheap) Fo1 & 2 on gog.com

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elitech View Post
    if ur trying to load an old game, im afraid that error will be there always.

Afaik, they were selling (very cheap) fo1 & 2 on gog.com
    thanks

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

thanks
    And check out mods for Fallout 2 like the Fallout 2 Restoration Project, or start out simple by playing the vanilla game using the unofficial High Resolution Patch.
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Blog Entries
    I imagine that you recommend Fallout 2 cos it's much more recent than Fallout 1?

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

I imagine that you recommend Fallout 2 cos it's much more recent than Fallout 1?
    Not so much so (1998 instead of 1997), but longer, bigger and, arguably, more ambitious. You're probably better off by starting with Fallout 1, then moving on to Fallout 2.
    But this is starting to get dangerously OT
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

Fallout Developer (FoDD)

Well, game-tech wise (graphics, engine etc.) - yes, absolutely, but its still long way off from the games we have today. But its the feel & gameplay that counts, right?

Also, as somebody else said here, make sure u download the newest version of Restoration Project for Fo2 - not only does it restore the cut-out content, but also patches almost all the bugs that were left in the game with the latest OFFICIAL patch + includes the resolution patch etc...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIISword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    500k club

Yeah, all Fallout related games are alwys in dire need of patches!

I was gonna make this post, but Novapaddy beat me to it.
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (Running slightly behind schedule)

I contribute to Internet Kings!!!
    Does not... compute!

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think I may have accidentally caused this but whenever I load a save it crashes once the time starts running. I think I caused this accidentally by going into the misc. file and changing the max active tech teams to 6. Then i changed it back to 5. Oddly enough, during the loading of these saves it doesn't get the error mentioned in one of the other posts where you must press ignore to continue. If I take out all the FODD files and reinstall it basically. Will it be compatible with the saves? I don't want to have to restart my NCR campaign(currently at Sept 6. 1944 and the massive War has begun between the Polar Station guys led by the Chosen One and basically everyone else, though the FUSA died in 1941 so i guess a American Union isn't possible)

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz8 View Post
    I think I may have accidentally caused this but whenever I load a save it crashes once the time starts running. I think I caused this accidentally by going into the misc. file and changing the max active tech teams to 6. Then i changed it back to 5. Oddly enough, during the loading of these saves it doesn't get the error mentioned in one of the other posts where you must press ignore to continue. If I take out all the FODD files and reinstall it basically. Will it be compatible with the saves? I don't want to have to restart my NCR campaign(currently at Sept 6. 1944 and the massive War has begun between the Polar Station guys led by the Chosen One and basically everyone else, though the FUSA died in 1941 so i guess a American Union isn't possible)
    how are you playing? i thought this was still WIP

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

huh? 2.0 was released just recently. The download is the previous page I think

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 110372768987552, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Hi Everyone,

First of all, I've checked my working installation of the mod and the master files and here are the settings from my mods\FODD\db\misc.txt file.
    Code:
    # _MISSION_ATTACK_
    	1 	# 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
    	1.0	# Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
    	1.0	# Speed bonus: (Move time * This / mission_efficiency). Lower the better
    I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.

Yes, I'm using the RC1 of patch of DH patch 1.02. I hope that is no issue. Could a DH dev let me know if it is? I can fix any problems when I get back from holidays.

@warpedmind Yes I will update the first post in the thread with release information when I have time.

@novapaddy Thanks!

@keynes2.0 That would be fantastic but we have some people who have also expressed interest in modding the map. If you head over to our Terranova forum you can catch up on the Map Renovation thread. Anything you all can do for the map would be great. There were great ideas like using a new graphic style for the mod map, one which fits the Fallout setting.

@whatguts See previous answer.

@votadc Great work, mate! Why don't put the amended files up? I will add them to a patch and include them officially.

@123xyz8, arturius, novapaddy, kaisermuffin, viden Thanks for your reports.

@MartinBG Thanks mate. Better late than never. To think, I had wanted to release in time for DH release. It's a labour of love, of course. Now Darkest Hour has a strong science fiction mod. hehehe

@Elitech Yeah, the music files are in the installer. I am keeping the movie files separate as they won't show unless I overwrite the main game movie files. Hey Martin, intro movies running from a mod subfolder would be a nice feature. What about allowing any bink files stored in a \mods\xxxx\avi folder to play in alphabetical order? That way we don't even need to name the movies the same as the Paradox ones?

Cheers,
    Sword
    Enter the Wastelands - Fallout's Doomsday Mod for Darkest Hour
    Link: Paradox Forum Thread
    Link: FODD on MODDB website

Just to make it clear, this is Jex from the other forum.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 110372768987552, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Ah OK, that's good.

Here are the movie files: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20523617/avi_rar

Cheers,
    Sword

Fallout Developer (FoDD)

Quote Originally Posted by keynes2.0 View Post
    Just to make it clear, this is Jex from the other forum.
    Lol, why do ppl use different names?

First post in thread updated.

- Sword

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 111 ... LastLast