• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A narrative with supernatural elements? That's an interesting idea! Do you have one in mind or were you chucking it out there for someone else to pounce on? If so, I might flagrently nick it!"

"Interactive AARs can be interesting, but often grow so big that they have far less interaction between writAAR and readAAR than in a normal AAR.

Besides, no-one likes it when a chap shows off his huge...statistics"

"No Iain, I've been posting ideas hoping they would be nicked. I still have three books to write with Baltikjá. I'd be glad to share ideas, but this one would totally be up to you. I am excited to see what you come up with."

"I second the idea of a supernatural AAR. Might I suggest Crusader Kings? The way the AI acts is almost supernatural at times, and the era is ripe for chivalric knights, damsels in distress, dragons and wizards!

"On a side note, I'd like to make the case for more AARs for the 1338 scenario. It appears to be much under-valued among authAARs, perhaps for its late start date. But I see that as a virtue, when you consider the glacial pace of most CK AARs. Furthermore, it has a number of interesting set-ups. The mongols are a real, established threat, as are the Ottomans in Asia minor. A whole host of interesting characters awaits - Edward, the Black Prince, the Viscontis of Milan, the Linguisans of Cyrpus, etc. I'd like to try my hand at a 1338 AAR myself sometime, but I'm too busy right now. Maybe someone else will take up the challenge."

"Though I agree James, there is also a lot of place for the supernatural in the unexplored worlds of EUIII, especially if one was to do a people reaching the Americas early and dealing with any monsters that might be there... and the Native Americans who tried to warn them." Mr. C nods in agreement with his own statement, "That is what I would like to see, anyways. Who knows... if it takes off we'll have to add Horror to the ACAs."

"Not my stats, someone else's"

"No problem, and here's to it being a good one! If you need any more inspiration, maybe you should check out some D&D books on GMing or the Monster Manuals... That could be fun."

"Very modest, uhh... Attacky?"

"Still, what could be an interesting AAR challenge for someone who insists on playing on Very Easy (EU3)?" the dane suddenly says, completely oblivious of the context.

Iain winks at Mr Capiatlist.

"Thanks for the suggestion Mr C, but I've been GMing RPGs for nigh on 25 years now so hopefully I've got those things nailed."

He takes another swig and looks thoughtful (an odd expression that makes him look like he's in pain).

"Mind you, I COULD have been doing it wrong all these years. Damn - that's a depressing thought."

With a quick heft he drains his glass and waggles it at the barkeep.

"Another one of these please, mate. "

"Well, if there be a few people interested I might be up for starting a P'Dox play by post over in the RPG section. I'd prefer not to DM, but I could if we needed. Maybe turn it into an AAR... or at least it would read like one..."

"I'd have to pass - I like the idea but I'm afraid I don't have the time. I will of course be interested in the results."

He takes a sip of his beer.

"Curiously I didn't know that there was an RPG forum until now."

Status
Not open for further replies.