• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Personally: not a huge fan of the comedy and the gameplay AARs. However, they do seem popular with the general populace so go for it." Mr. C takes a sip of Smiddicks and looks at his welsh compatriot, "I'd say no sooner than 2015."

Said welsh compatriot downed the last oh is gin and tonic. "Bartender, get me a guinness please, I'm feeling more up to alcohol." Turning back to mr C, he remarked "2014 maybe. He has finished the game after all, just doing the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodging a glare from the quote gun that could kill a normal man, Mr. C returns to his drink. "I am pretty sure he is continuing it into EUIII and probably beyond. 2015 is a liberal estimate of when he makes it to EUIII."

"Phew! That was close. maybe. I wonder if I'll have read it all by then..."

Qorten sits at the round central bar, slowly enjoying his Rodenbach. Catching the conversation of his friend with the welsh dude with one ear, he can't help but add his comment to it.
"I hope he takes ages and ages to finish Rome AARisen. I can't imagine dieing without having read the end so the longer the general takes, the longer I get to live! And the longer he gets to live to write it. It's a win-win situation for the both of us."
Qorten smiles and turns to his drink again, taking a sip.

Bars.

Great.

A woman pushed into the bar and glanced around grimly. At least no one had hooted like a baboon yet. That would doubtless come. She approached the bar and caught the tender's eye.
"A cup of whatever you have that's drinkable."
She dropped some coins on the table. There was a silver bezant from Byzantium, a gold dollar from Charles I and some pennies from Queen Elizabeth. They all looked suspiciously new.
"Keep it, especially the silver one. I don't want to think about it at the moment."

Shaking her head she took the drink when it arrived and sculled it in one. "Keep it coming. It might help me forget," she said. "I'm Talena by the way. By the way did you hear about Novgorod? Really turned Russia around."

She sighed. "Bloody paradoxes...."

"Stutter?" Cat asked. For a moment he looked annoyed ... then crestfallen. "Maybe," he muttered.

"BT's work is certainly formidable. I'm ashamed to say I never really delved into it. I'll have to go to the bookstore and procure a copy." Cat finally put away the pistol he'd been toying with. "Personally I'm watching Children of the Sun by Malurous closely. That story convinced me to see what the MEIOU world had to offer."

"Certainly not! It is for everyone involved in AARland, be they readAARs or writAARs. So come in and have a drink, Enewald."

"Oh how nice. But I have a terrible hangover still due to last nights adventures so I might skip a few drinks. Anyone care to share a good AAR that I have not yet touched?"

The question of young Enewald has Qorten have a fit of giggles. Once he's able to speak again Qorten puts forth the question most in the bAAR have in their mind.
"Does that even exist, an AAR you haven't touched yet? I will see if I can find one, but I do not think I will bring this search to a good end."

Not five minutes after he has pledged to Enewald's seemingly ridiculous question, Qorten returns to the bAAR from his search.
"Apparently you have yet to visit a new AAR in the AGEOD subforum. Someone called Sathariel has started a Rise of Prussia AAR called Getting to know AGEOD - ROP AAR by a beginner."

A young, scraggly looking man walks in to the bAAR, and takes a seat. It may have been a trick of the light, but for some reason he reminds you of a spider.

"Have any of y'all read the AAR Boris ze Spider's Alternate History I: Granada? Its an interesting narrative told from the point of view of a spider through the journeys of Granada, who, in stead of following histroy and getting annexed, have switched the tables of the reconquista."

"as a matter of fact I'd missed it, Mr..."

Talena flicked a look over at the newly arrived Boris. "You seem oddly familiar. Have we met before?" She pondered. "Hmm...Constantinople? Maybe...."

A slightly sinister looking figure with bad halitosis arrives and clears a space at the Baar. He looks around and beckons to Enewald. You know, I've never seen you over in Mount and Blade land .... there's a nice sassy psychopath called Evangeline (though she went missing last November) and a rather smart Dutch type called Floris, well worth the read. If you're over 18, well there's always Khünbish Jalair, but she also seems to be missing. Seems to happen a lot over there. Anyway, good to see you now hanging around AGEOD, that Qorten, he gives good advice, he does. Now if you'll excuse me, I've a bar of my own to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
A withered monk, bearing the black and white habit that could only belong to a Dominican scholar, entered the bAAR. His knobby, arthritic hands gripped a cane as he lowered himself into a booth. Pulling back his hood, he flashed a toothless smile and set a stack of old vellum beside himself.

"If I may boldly self-promote," he said in a low, raspy voice, "I offer to you The Life And Deeds Of Lord Robert Clifford. It is the wish of my patron that his father's life not go unheralded, and I have, in return to a kind donation to Keswick Priory, began the telling of the tale of the life of Lord Robert."

Status
Not open for further replies.