• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@co_martsu I saw there are lots of buildings/objects unfinished/left out from the game. They are missing the textures. Do you guys plan to include them in a later patch or DLC?

I guess the art team was too ambitious in the beginning ;) Could be that there's some old rough box models hanging, but those are not something we will be including later on.

I gathered as much ;) It was bound to happen. But there are some interesting ideas left: playerHQ, big hangar, big hotel building, power plant, etc. Would be a pity not to have them in the editor. I would texture them myself if i only knew the positions and placement of the texture parts in the corresponding dds. :(

Yes, but when will it be issued? Perhaps a description of the process so folks can understand how it can take so long for the Steam people to get a relatively small patch in place when we can do it ourselves in 1 minute?

Better don't mess with steam's file. Update will be automatic, we must wait because developers need to submit the patch at Valve/Steam for approval.

Better don't mess with steam's file. Update will be automatic, we must wait because developers need to submit the patch at Valve/Steam for approval.

He he... that's part of the answer then - we are waiting for Steam's "approval". Nothing like a bit of corporate "approval" to slow things down, LOL!

BTW: I mess with steam's files all the time with mods, so I don't think it's too bad. As other posts, if folks copy and back up the files (which are really not very big) they can always revert back. Or for that matter, just download the whole enchilada from Steam again. I guess I am just not very good at waiting for "approval" from distributors.

He he... that's part of the answer then - we are waiting for Steam's "approval". Nothing like a bit of corporate "approval" to slow things down, LOL!

BTW: I mess with steam's files all the time with mods, so I don't think it's too bad. As other posts, if folks copy and back up the files (which are really not very big) they can always revert back. Or for that matter, just download the whole enchilada from Steam again. I guess I am just not very good at waiting for "approval" from distributors.

I mean better don't mess with those update files, of course with mod and others thing we have to touch with our hands some important files :)
Yeah, true, but is not 100% corporal shit, like Xbox Live this process guarantee some quality boost.

I mean better don't mess with those update files, of course with mod and others thing we have to touch with our hands some important files :)
Yeah, true, but is not 100% corporal shit, like Xbox Live this process guarantee some quality boost.

I hear ya. They say "Patience is a virtue". I just need more of it ;).

I think any distribution method has its strengths and weaknesses. I'm a Steam user and as a result do not have the patch yet. But it doesn't bother me. I had a lot of fun playing through two cities last night in campaign mode. I didn't have any problems that prevented me from being successful. On one map I achieved the 50 tram lines achievement and I had about 25 bus lines. The city was quite covered and there was zero gridlock. I had zero stops where the people were complaining about being unhappy. The vehicles were running smoothly. The only things I saw in my ticker were buses/trams/metros breaking down (my fleet was very very large), and fires. Part of that is because I had some metro downtown... so metro and trams overlapped and interconnected. I was raking in the money and eventually achieved a point where I had more money than I knew what to do with... except to get silly by building funny things.

Anyway, I don't have the patch yet. But overall I really like Steam's model. Several years ago when Half Life and Counter-Strike were the biggest things going, I thought they were the devil. But over time I have embraced the concept and I think its a nice distribution model. It also means that I don't add to the clutter of DVDs gathering dust in a box somewhere. I do wish they'd get the patch out sooner, but honestly I'm not overly concerned. The new updates will be a "nice to have" not a "need to have right now". So, its just a matter of being patient and waiting for them.
Steam, and other providers like them, provide a very inexpensive software distribution model. It enables me to buy games, like this, at a cheaper price then they would otherwise be. I work at a software company myself, and our software is only available via download. The customers love it, it makes it very flexible for us to push updates, and it really cuts down on cost related to distribution.

Well said, Sackohammers. Like I say, I need a tad more patience. I find Steam a very handy way to get software, once one "lets go" of the need to have a CD on the shelf. I guess the downside is that it's encouraging the habit of not providing user manuals which I find helpful and frankly like to browse as part of the product experience. But all in all, I agree the Steam model has a lot of benefits. I just want them to get patches out a tad quicker once they get them from developers! :D

It actually encourages me to play some of the old steam games. I purchased games quite awhile ago... many PCs back (I replace mine every few years). I never would have had the inclination to go dig through some box to find some old disks and install an old game... like Counter-Strike. Yet when I rebuilt my latest PC and loaded Steam... there were all my old games at the touch of a button. On a whim I told it to go ahead and install Counter-Strike... thinking I'd have a nostalgic laugh. I never would have done that if it wasn't so easily accessible. Man, I had a lot of fun playing Counter-Strike that weekend.
So there are some advantage. 10 years from now when I have a new PC, it will be really easy to say to myself... remember that cool old game Cities in Motion that had a sandbox mode and a wide open editor? All I have to do is click here and wait 5 minutes for it to download and then I can play it.

I'm playing the map of helsinki in 1930 right now, and I want to update my bus stop from a basic stop to a stop with shelter.
Pausing the game, delete the stop from my line, bulldoze the stop and place a new sheltered stop and then.... my game crashes :S

Is this a known bug?

That was a known bug with the original release version. You could reproduce it all day long. Deleting a stop with people in it while pause... then hitting play caused a crash. This was fixed with the patch they released last week. 1.0.11. I know it fixed it for me, and I delete stops all the time.

I'd say make sure you're on the latest version, and if you are, and you can reproduce it, I'd suggest posting a new thread for the developers.

Unless you're on Steam, you can manually download the latest update in this thread here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?524433-The-1.0.12-patch-is-available-here.

This takes you to 1.0.12 which includes the bug fix in 1.0.11.

If you've got Steam then you have to wait for Steam to update. But you should already have 1.0.11 if you're on Steam. If not, something is wrong.

I downloaded 1.0.11 cause I'm not on Steam. But I can't get to the link you posted because of this error:

$vbulletin->userinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

I downloaded 1.0.11 cause I'm not on Steam. But I can't get to the link you posted because of this error:

$vbulletin->userinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You have to register your game here in the forums to access game-specific subforums.

It would unfortunately take too much time and effort to program this feature into the game. We just don't have the resources to add a feature this big into the game in a reasonable time. We understand it's a lack in the design and hope that you can still enjoy the game without this feature.
Well that's unfortunate.. Would've been good if it was added before the official release.. But nonetheless, it's still a good game.

I would like to know how this patch was sent to steam. Perhaps it was sent by tram or bus, getting snarled up in all the traffic issues caused by one solitary car sitting on some tram lines:)

Great job interacting with your customers

Thanks for the feedback and the news about an upcoming patch, Paradox/Colossal! It's great to see that the producer is taking customer feedback seriously, and how this relatively small community is helping to build a better game.

Very curious about the mentioned new features and bug fixes. I hope the patch will be released on GamersGate as well this time? Or even pushed in-game?

Keep up the good work!

Like Grombeard said, you have to register yourself as someone who has purchased the game in order to access that area. Now... the first time I got on these forums I couldn't figure out where it was... I was digging through my profile and settings and couldn't find it. Then I finally saw it and did a facepalm.

Just scroll to the top of this very window and you will see a menu item titled "My Games". Scroll down near the bottom where you find Cities in Motion and enter your purchase key.