• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wanna thank you developers for releasing the patch. The strategy is right, fix what's broken first (traffic) before adding new features.

And I'm sure you have a good idea about what new features everyone wants from their respective threads.

Thanks guys! The game has everything to be a classic, feels like a solid game with some minor flaws on usability mostly but if you keep updating it like this it will become a classic just like Transport Tycoon.

Please see our requests page and also change the sell/buy button, sometimes I click accidentally on the wrong one, a confirmation message of buy/selling would solve that too.

Last edited:
One unimportant fix. The airport runway should be 18 (top) and 36 (bottom), assuming it's aligned north/south. Thanks for the prompt patches, I agree with the majority of the forum, you've got a good game here that has the potential to be great.

Excellent! Just downloaded the other patch two days ago and a new one already!

Waypoints for buses

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we have been working hard on a new patch for Cities in Motion. The dev team wants to thank you again for the feedback and the support that you have given us!

So more about things we have been working on:

- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.

- Economy
We realized that the fluctuating economy is a bit too sudden, so we slowed the fluctuation down a bit.

- Press "U"
We added a shortcut to get to the underground view (nobody admits forgetting it in the first place..)

In addition to these we worked on the bugs we had left. I hope this resolves the issues you have been having with Cities in Motion. Please let us know if you agree!

The patch 1.1.12 is available soon :)

Hi, very happy for this future patch. is it possible to include the ability to create waypoints for buses ?

Excellent work, THAT's supporting a game!

A little question: is it normal that my Steam version has not yet updated by itself? I even don't see the update in the Steam updates page! Maybe it still needs a little time...

Hi, very happy for this future patch. is it possible to include the ability to create waypoints for buses ?

Yeah i would like that, too. Right now, sometimes you have to built an additional bus station just to route the bus through a low-traffic area instead of it going the shorter way through a blocked street.

Excellent work, THAT's supporting a game!

A little question: is it normal that my Steam version has not yet updated by itself? I even don't see the update in the Steam updates page! Maybe it still needs a little time...

If you're expecting the patch mentioned here, you're out of luck - It's "On the way", as in "We're putting the last touches on it and have not yet released it to the publishers" :)

Excellent news!. Thanks to the development team to react quickly and listen to the gaming community. CIM is a great game. Tram and bus networks through the center of the city and in reality .... ooohhh ...yes!.:)

If you're expecting the patch mentioned here, you're out of luck - It's "On the way", as in "We're putting the last touches on it and have not yet released it to the publishers" :)

It is on the way to Steam still, but for non-Steam users I suggest checking the tech support section ;) I'm sure Steam will also have it soon. Have fun, and I truly hope this resolves some of the issues that have risen up with the game.

GamersGate is still on 1.0.10 which I download on released so where's the 1.0.11?
I'm told not to download patch from elsewhere if I brought the game from GamersGate.

- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.
The problem may not be the volume of cars, or how fast they disappear. It's second lane usage and intersection blocking that seem to be the biggest issue. Are these impossible to fix?

I would like to make some suggestion regarding on rotating the underground metro station, is there anyway to make it easier to rotate the station. The only we can do is to rotate the station by 90 degrees. It would be easier to for us rotate it by all angle.

Whenever they feel like it - they already have your money, LOL.

It's a pity that despite how hard the CS developers work, Steam can make them look bad simply because they can.