• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks impressive. Will armies traverse the land like RTW/MTW/M2TW or like EU2/EU3/Vic2?

I'd prefer you did worse, now I will need to buy a new computer... well laptop at least.

Haha well this is sadly true... The graphis look amazing... I know it's probably too early, but what kinda graphics power requirement are we looking at here? Would the new AMD Fusion E350 technology be sufficient (it runs Starcraft 2 etc)? As a general guideline ofcourse. I know final reqs may completely change.

Haha well this is sadly true... The graphis look amazing... I know it's probably too early, but what kinda graphics power requirement are we looking at here? Would the new AMD Fusion E350 technology be sufficient (it runs Starcraft 2 etc)? As a general guideline ofcourse. I know final reqs may completely change.
The Radeon HD 6310M is about equivalent to the Radeon Mobility HD 4330. So, I doubt it... :)

I've a new two tier plan: E-350 based ultraportable notebook for mobile Darkest Hour, and a big desktop for Victoria II, Crusaders Kings II and Sengoku.

Same computers that run V2 and Divine Wind fine will run this fine.

Interesting - Nobufusa is only Hatamoto, not Daimyo. Unless my understanding of Japanese history is completely off, a Hatamoto was usually a subordinate officer to a Daimyo, right? So, I assume that CK2's multi-level titles will be in? (i.e. Daimyo = Duke, Hatamoto = Count)

(Man, this is getting closer to Sword of the Samurai every minute. Really, really interesting.)

旗本 中善寺信房?
Don't know if there was such a samurai. If he is a generic one then it is great that his name sounds natural to Japanese ear, which was rare in the past Paradox games. In EU2 there was a general called Kagemusha...
I however prefer Chuzenji Nobufusa to Nobufusa of Chuzenji, again this sounds more natural. Also, I am not sure the rank Hatamoto was widely used at that time.

By the way, will there be any foreign samurais? Ones like English Miura Anjin(William Adams), Dutch Ya Yousu(Jan Joosten van Lodensteijn), African Yasuke(ex-Portuguese slave), or maybe a Swedish samurai called Ando Yohan:D?

IIRC, a Hatamoto is a trusted retainer (samurai/vassal) of a lord. So definitely not a daimyo in itself.

These are alpha screenshots so many things seen here were temporary and has been changed.

Thank you, we do our best.

Your best is coming on in leaps and bounds.... not 18 months ago Paradox released a game with the original EU3 graphics, now this.

Graphics are not that important to me in that I wouldn't NOT buy a game I might like cause the graphics were bad and I wouldn't buy any game just because the graphics were good, but they make a good game even better. These seem a big leap forward.

Same computers that run V2 and Divine Wind fine will run this fine.

Nice. Will you also appy whatever voodo magic you used in Vicky2 1.3beta to significantly increase speed? Or was that just V2 specific work?

Nice. Will you also appy whatever voodo magic you used in Vicky2 1.3beta to significantly increase speed? Or was that just V2 specific work?

Was V2 specific stuff, but alot of knowledge went into it.

Looks great! The graphics are beautiful, I was kinda hoping for more then 350 provinces, but hey, it's like a year left until it's release so I'm not worried :)

how long has paradox been working on this? only it looks kind of finished, it certainly looks further along than CKII is
The map is newer tech than what we've seen with CK II. I'm pretty sure that if they showed us some CK II screens from current version it would look about as good as these screenies.

And the cover art...
sengoku_packshot_2d_esrbtmp_cd_lores.jpg

uuhhh goodie :) .... now I can get my games icons updated :D

I want to invade Korea.

A little of Korea and/or China would have been nice... but i think just uniting Japan will give us plenty of work, without need for outside distraction.
:p

Ryukyu conquest could also be cool.

The map looks very good, but I could imagine the large flags to be a bit irritating when actually playing the game. Also, in my personal opinion they disturb the general feel a bit. Maybe the information they represent could be shown in a less obtrusive way?

edit: By the way, I am really looking forward to this game!

Last edited: