• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
sengoku_alpha_gdc_1.png

sengoku_alpha_gdc_2.png

sengoku_alpha_gdc_3.png

Looks great! Is it multi angle like EU:Rome?
Though I don't know any famous clan named "Chuzenji".

Great - latest Clausewitz engine maps are getting better and better. :)

I would add some shading to settlement models or tone down their textures perhaps. ;)

The mist makes it very atmospheric and, and, well, Japanese :)
True, terrain map looks great, and these are just early screenies. Screens have just the right atmosphere. :)

The interface looks very much like the one used in CK2. Are those placeholders or are they permanent?

It's very nice and the map looks stunning :D

Interesting - Nobufusa is only Hatamoto, not Daimyo. Unless my understanding of Japanese history is completely off, a Hatamoto was usually a subordinate officer to a Daimyo, right? So, I assume that CK2's multi-level titles will be in? (i.e. Daimyo = Duke, Hatamoto = Count)

(Man, this is getting closer to Sword of the Samurai every minute. Really, really interesting.)

旗本 中善寺信房?
Don't know if there was such a samurai. If he is a generic one then it is great that his name sounds natural to Japanese ear, which was rare in the past Paradox games. In EU2 there was a general called Kagemusha...
I however prefer Chuzenji Nobufusa to Nobufusa of Chuzenji, again this sounds more natural. Also, I am not sure the rank Hatamoto was widely used at that time.

By the way, will there be any foreign samurais? Ones like English Miura Anjin(William Adams), Dutch Ya Yousu(Jan Joosten van Lodensteijn), African Yasuke(ex-Portuguese slave), or maybe a Swedish samurai called Ando Yohan:D?

Interesting - Nobufusa is only Hatamoto, not Daimyo. Unless my understanding of Japanese history is completely off, a Hatamoto was usually a subordinate officer to a Daimyo, right? So, I assume that CK2's multi-level titles will be in? (i.e. Daimyo = Duke, Hatamoto = Count)

(Man, this is getting closer to Sword of the Samurai every minute. Really, really interesting.)

IIRC, a Hatamoto is a trusted retainer (samurai/vassal) of a lord. So definitely not a daimyo in itself.