+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Did you see the screenshots?

I must say, Paradox has come a long, long way regarding graphics in the past few years. Especially with the CK2 and Sengoku maps. I assume that from now on, all Paradox maps will feature proper elevation instead of being flat? I'm loving what you've done with terrain in these two games, a great improvement.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k club

Wow! This looks excellent!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Looks really stunning so far! I bet you'll make some gorgeous samurai and ninja models
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Ah, true that.

EDIT: Well, thinking a bit about this, I'm not sure how much of Hokkaido was "known". Yes, they probably knew there was an island up there, but not how big, and what precise shape. So, also from a gameplay point of view (only have lands that are needed for gameplay), I can understand the decision to keep Hokkaido out of the map.
    This is probably a stylistic as well as historically based decision not to have Hokkaido. The Japanese were certainly aware of the island, but as previously stated, since it wasn't colonized until the Meiji Era, it was left off most maps of Japan. Almost every Sengoku game released in Japan leaves out Hokkaido as well, its just not part of that 'vision' of Japanese history.

So, have you folks played Sword of the Samurai, or...?
    Also, I've concluded that it must be the air in Sweden that makes Paradox so interested in Japanese history.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I still play Sword of the Samurai, one of my all time favourite games.

Impressive. Good speed with the work on Senguko!

Out of curiousity, how does one play this game in Windows 7? I have a downloaded zip, but when I extract it, the Start.exe doesn't do anything.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Not really a fascist brony monsterfurby's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Sword of the Samurai is one of my favourite games, I am still hoping for a remake or spiritual successor one day...

Innocent Beard: Try using DOSBox for Sword of the Samurai, Win7 doesn't like DOS games without an emulator.
    Public Service Announcement:
    "...this is still a free country and anyone telling a
    fellow like me "brother you're full of ****" better be
    good and ready to answer politely when asked if he'd care
    to say why!"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

I'm hoping Korea, Hokkaido and China will be there in spirit, i.e. you can sponsor raids against them, or make some deals with them to get temporary boosts.

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

I know I keep going on about it but the mist in those screenshots is really cool. Is there any way it could be adapted for, say, Victoria 2?

This somehow reminds me of an old game on the Amiga. Lords of the Rising Sun.
    Nice graphics though.
    "The secret of politics? - Have a good treaty with Russia."
    Otto von Bismarck

I haven't checked the thread to see if anyone else said anything, but I really like the portrait shown. Infact, it kind of makes me envious since CKII thus far has rather lackluster/poor portraits. Both games are in alpha so it kind of worries me.

The Great

Quote Originally Posted by John Lackland View Post
    I haven't checked the thread to see if anyone else said anything, but I really like the portrait shown. Infact, it kind of makes me envious since CKII thus far has rather lackluster/poor portraits. Both games are in alpha so it kind of worries me.

The Great
    No more, as seen in Dev Diary 6...

I didn't see this one coming. Definitely looking forward to it.

Yes, Sword of the Samurai is great stuff. It's neat to see others who have heard of, let alone played, it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -François-Marie Arouet

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonrtf View Post
    No more, as seen in Dev Diary 6...
    Indeed, these are much better. I can safely say envy has subsided and I can appreciate both games now .

The Great

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrael View Post
    And the cover art...
    This cover art is made of pure effing awesome win.

The map looks great, the one criticism I have is that they do something about the drab sepia look of it all. I'd like to see more color in a game about this period.

EDIT: The cover art looks excellent.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Liking the look of the new map.

Very nice and appropriate for the game setting.

I discover a new game, thank you
    learning.........

Es nota que sols parlo català

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4