• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2012 probably. 2011 is waay to early.

"15th century Japan"... starting in 1467... That means barely three generations of rulers ?

Love and appreciate the fact that Paradox has provided us with lots of historical type of games over the past ten years, and I hope this game about Japan succeeds, but the Dark Ages, China and the mongols, and even the ancient middle east would have been preferable to me.

Disappointing. Oh well. Story of my life.

"15th century Japan"... starting in 1467... That means barely three generations of rulers ?

No, the end date will not be 1500.

The map looks more developed than the one of CK?

the video is showing newer tech than the CK2 released screens I think. quite a lot of stuff has happened map wise since the trailer movie was recorded as well

the video is showing newer tech than the CK2 released screens I think. quite a lot of stuff has happened map wise since the trailer movie was recorded as well

is that final topology? it kinda looks weird.. did you use satellite height maps? (i wonder how that map of japan would look which i got from google earth... probably close to this if its satellite based)

Cool!

I've long been thinking about such a game from our favorite developpers... most definitely will be following this :)

Release date will surely be at least summer 2012. With CK2, the HoI3 expansion, and a probably Vicky2 expansion in the work, Paradox is a busy company indeed. Not that I mind it; having a lot of time between releases lets me enjoy them more. :D

EDIT: Im hearing Q3 2011 now. Seems a little early to me, though if the early Screenies are any indication it's made quite a bit of progress with regards to graphics, setup and interface.

Last edited:
Source? The announcement and video said nothing about it?