+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The official announcement

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Doesn't it seems strange that Sengoku is coming out before CK2?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Why don't you just merge with Total War guys now...

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Like I said in a previous post:

I don't see any relation between the total war series and paradoxian clauswitz games. They are completely different. Just because they're set in the same era, and fall under the "strategy" category, that doesn't mean one replaces the other. It's like comparing between pants and sweaters just because they fall under "clothes" category.
    They are such different games that don't even compete with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post

Then there's the fact that Shogun is coming out in two weeks or so last I checked and this won't be released for quite a while yet.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post

The difference is the relation. A coperation between creative assembly and paradox would make the most epic strategy game ever. Just imagine, a rome game or an acient Japan game with the best from Paradox and the best from creative assembly...

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Seeing Johan's silence in the other thead I assume that the end date is not to be disclosed as of yet?
    The game should end when you unify Japan (and historically, we could consider that it happened with the Meiji restoration and the end of the Boshin War in 1869, as the Tokugawa shogunate didn't totally unified Japan).
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

Rōnin and Caput lupinum Anguille's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteLost Empire - ImmortalsRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the Stars

Look forward to this one...will buy.
    A Knights of Honor story:

The Merchant of Alexandria: a Fatimids AAR

Le Schtroumpf qui schtroumpfe le schtroumpf est un gros Schtroumpf….c’est le Schtroumpf qui l’a schtroumpfé. Et si le Schtroumpf ne le schtroumpfe pas, c'est son propre schtroumpf. C'est quand même incroyable que l'on ne peut pas schtroumpfer ce que l'on veut schtroumpfer dans le schtroumpf sans être schtoumpfé de Schtroumpf.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Frakas View Post
    The game should end when you unify Japan (and historically, we could consider that it happened with the Meiji restoration and the end of the Boshin War in 1869, as the Tokugawa shogunate didn't totally unified Japan).
    So last 200 years of the game we should spend doing nothing and then get overrun by rebels?
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Can someone confirm or deny from the developers if this is going to use the CK 2 character, political, and marriage engine?

Obviously there would be differences (bastard children were more acceptable in Japan and there was no Pope... well there was the Emperor), but overall there is a good deal of similarity between CK and the Sengoku era.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Frakas View Post
    Technically, Toyotomi unified Japan, but could not get the Shogun title because of his low birth. Had Ieyasu not revolted against his son, the same thing could have happened starting with Toyotomi's line. The simple fact that the Shogun had formed did not mean that 300 years of peace would have lasted. Many of the vassals still retained their armies.

Also, is Korea and Manchu included? Toyotomi did invade Korea before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ilyani View Post
    Release date will surely be at least summer 2012. With CK2, the HoI3 expansion, and a probably Vicky2 expansion in the work, Paradox is a busy company indeed. Not that I mind it; having a lot of time between releases lets me enjoy them more.
    Sure, but this is a newly created third internal team, with Sengoku being their first project; the main team is working on CK2, and the expansion team is working on the HOI3 expansion.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJF View Post
    So last 200 years of the game we should spend doing nothing and then get overrun by rebels?
    You could be the rebel!
    Or you could try to be faster than historically.
    The game would end when japan is totally unified. If it last 200 years it will be because of your playstyle.
    game should end on an objective or an event, not on a arbitrary date.
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJF View Post
    Or convert the data to EU3.
    Monumenta Iaponiae Historica : total improvement mod for Sengoku (ver.0.6832:updated on 23.11.2012)
    Additional Scenarios (1180, 1561, 1582 and 1600), More Historical Characters and Rebalancing
    General description about MIH for non registered forum users is here in Sengoku main forum

Mod for EU4: Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod)/Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod)/ Bookmarks
    Three Mods for CK2
    :Bookmarks/ Climate Classification/Hedeby Republic

Sweden in a Japanese game: AAR of Koei's Genghis Khan IV

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Nice choice of Hoi2 music. I always did love that song.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by vertinox View Post
    Also, is Korea and Manchu included? Toyotomi did invade Korea before he died.
    Looks like not. But the focus of the game is in unifying Japan, not in going conquest spree after it. Korea would also require China. Not only did it participate in the war on Korean side, but conquering China was Hideyoshis ultimate objective. Adding all that would be quite a lot of extra work.
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by vadermath View Post
    Sure, but this is a newly created third internal team, with Sengoku being their first project; the main team is working on CK2, and the expansion team is working on the HOI3 expansion.
    It's not a "new" team, it's just one of the teams, and the teams switch members depending on the projects.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

The game looks like it might be interesting but couldn't it have been given a more memorable name, or at least a relevant English sub-title like Shogun has?

I don't know much about far-eastern history so when I saw the title of the e-mail "Paradox Interactive Announce Sengoku" I assumed it was going to be a puzzle game, an impression further reinforced by the plain logo at the top of the e-mail. It wasn't until I got to the bit that said 'grand strategy' and especially 'internally developed' that I started to take an interest and actually looked up what the name referred to.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sengoku looks like a very interesting game but I cannot help but think that this is another game similar to EU-Rome, with a smallish map and much the same flavor overall. Thoughts?

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Well, I like Rome, especially with the VV addon.
    But it looks more like it will be a game similar to CKII. If they make it complex enough, it has great pontential. Imagine yourself starting as a vassal, uniting a clan and conqer japan on a hard long road.

I will definitely buy it. Like every handmade paradox game
    Divide et Impera

Gaming Paradox... Vicky+Rev, VictoriaII+AHD+HOD, Hoi, Hoi2+DD+Arma, HoiIII+SeFi+FTM+TFH, EUIII+IN+NA+HTTT+DW, Rome+VV, MotE, EUIV+CoP, CK+DV, Sengoku, CKII+SOI+LOR+TR+TOG+SoA+RoI...since 2004

I liked EU:Rome, but I think it's problem is that there wasn't the same level of character interaction as would be from a CK style game, which Sengoku apparently is supposed to be.

The Sengoku period is all about uniting the kokujins of a koku, and use that force to conquer nearby provinces. Most sengoku daimyos functioned as mere leader of a coalition of minor lords from a province, and their realms collapsed when the minor lords abandoned them (doesn't help that most sengoku daimyos started as deputies of the true owner of each koku). If this is modelled, it would be similar to CK in how you need to appease and maintain the support of your vassals, which I think have a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Seeing Johan's silence in the other thead I assume that the end date is not to be disclosed as of yet?
    Well, the sensible end date would be Genna Enbu in 1615, which marked the end large scale warfare for a couple of hundred years. Otherwise, there's the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600, which heralded the start of the Edo Period, but which would leave the Toyotomi as unfinished business. The worst case scenario would be IMHO an end date at the destruction of the Ashikaga Shogunate in 1573, which marked the start of the Azuchi-Momoyama Period, but Japan was highly fragmented then, and the most famous sengoku daimyos were still active.
    Last edited by rmdsc; 03-03-2011 at 03:09.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast