• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was only asking because I don't remember such posts like you describe. I remember people were yelling for Vicky 2 and CK 2, but not Japan.

you_mad.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this game. Never felt that Japan was given enough love earlier.

[video=youtube;gEmJ-VWPDM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4[/video]

Joke aside I can't see how people cannot associate this and call it a rip-off of the new Total War game,I already saw Divine Wind as kind of a rip-off itself because I saw your Eastern European maps and they suck.So improve on "Europa universalis" by making an asian expansion while a major game with asian background is suppose to come out?... sorry,I do hope it will be a successful game for Paradox in the event you'll reinvest the money in a game with better European maps(so I can feel good about buying such games). :)

Joke aside I can't see how people cannot associate this and call it a rip-off of the new Total War game,I already saw Divine Wind as kind of a rip-off itself because I saw your Eastern European maps and they suck.So improve on "Europa universalis" by making an asian expansion while a major game with asian background is suppose to come out?... sorry,I do hope it will be a successful game for Paradox in the event you'll reinvest the money in a game with better European maps(so I can feel good about buying such games). :)
I still can not understand how people compare both games, they're just themed in the same place, the gameplay is fully different, it's not a ripoff.

For the sake of the game, I *hope* they have at least one guy on the team who can understand Japanese and has some cultural knowledge about Japan and that particular period. Getting the cultural immersion right is important.

It's not going to be very popular if it looks, sounds and feels like a game made by Swedes who read about Japan on Wikipedia and in english-language books.

Well, I for one am purely ecstatic about this game! I used to be a huge fan of Total War. Used to be. Shogun was amazing, Medieval was good, and Rome was... well... it needed Europa Barbarorum. Medieval 2 disappointed and was only good with the Chivalry 2 mod, but even that was limited by stupid hard-coded problems with the engine (like unrealistic inheritance). Empire was perhaps the most disappointing waste of $50 in my life. Napoleon, never got it. Shogun 2, I am wary, plus I probably won't have a computer that could run it beautifully until Gabriel blows his horn!

Paradox, on the other hand, has only gained my trust as games come out. With the exception of Hearts of Iron III (about which I still remain optimistic), I've been thoroughly impressed with everything they have made that I have purchased, and I've spent exponentially more time in Paradox games than any other company's PC games since I discovered them in 2005. I've logged more hours individually in either EU2, CK, HOI2, and EU3 than all Total War games combined (except for maybe the original Shogun. That game was amazing and I clocked a bloody lot of hours on it!). I am very much looking forward to Sengoku. I've been needing a game like this for a long time! Shogun 1 won't run on my computer for some reason, keeps crashing, and Shogun 2 is WAY too powerful for my computer. Besides, Sengoku is more the sort of game I like to play, anyways. Especially these days. I've grown very fond of the RPG style (which, by the way, I owe to two primary sources: Crusader Kings, for introducing me to the concept, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for getting me addicted). So an RPG style grand strategy game set in Medieval Japan just about rocks my socks!

Also, did I mention that, unlike Total War, Paradox games can be modded by even the average computer layman such as myself? THAT alone wins them more points than every wonderfully shiny gizmo and gadget that Total War throws into their graphically stunning, but (lately, not so in the older games) strategically depressing, games.

Keep it coming, Paradox! This is why I love you guys! :cool:

Man, this is why Paradox always wins over the total war series. Don't get me wrong, the tactical battles in Total War are great, and pretty, but at the expense of global strategy. Keep on doing your stuff, Paradox!