• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must say... not a very innovative name.

why not? it could be call samurai kings or something. instead its a foreign word full of mystery cos you dont know what it means so it could mean, anything!

Seems a bit of an odd choice, is there really room for two seperate Shogun era games? CA will probably stomp all over this commercially and only Paradox loyalists will buy Sengoku. Would have been more interesting to see a different time period (Three Kingdoms would have had more potential if we stuck to the East). This being said I'm still looking forwards to this.

I hate to say it because i love PI but... i am NOT impressed.

First of all... to be honest... it looks like you're just making this to compete with CA.
Where they can get away with a smaller scope, due to their battle system... PI games can't, you'd have to really pull something completely new OR make it like CK, which seems a little odd as you're making CK2.

The things i liked about EU, Victoria and even HoI is that there are so many different options, i've had EUIII for years and there are still things i plan to do, you can take any road to victory with all these different styles and cultures.

I think a purely Japanese setting with no battles will just get old really easily.

I did get the idea that it could perhaps be closer to the CK style, which means i will buy it but i don't see myself playing it for more than a couple full games.
Edit: Just read that it will be like CK, but yeah my point above is still valid.

Jez, why do so many people already totally hate this game?

I think that most people got used to paradox making grand strategy games, rather than more focused, regional ones.

I take it Waldetoft hasn't finished the theme yet? Or are you actually going to recycle that song from the HoI2 soundtrack...?

Also: Bansai Daimyos would be a better name.

So we're getting not one, but TWO CK2s in a year. Except one is in Japan. Great.

Sengoku is an interesting period of time to set games in. I think that Paradox will do a much more in depth game than CA and I wish them luck. That game is certainly on my list of things to get when I have some free time in 2030.... ;>

My only complaint with the game is that the map seems to be rather small-scaled. The sengoku mod for EU3 had planned a huge map almost the size of the original EU3 one, whereas this one looks even smaller than the one in EU:Rome. Anyway, I know you can come up with yet another amazing game that will show the critics.

You either love Japan or you hate Japan.

And if PI wants to attract those who love Japan, then this game needs more anime, schoolgirls, and mecha.

I think the scope is too small, I don't like playing regional games, I'm pretty sure I won't like it. But oh well, someone else will like it (like those japanophiles out there).

Jez, why do so many people already totally hate this game?
Because it's a narrow-focus regional almost-RolePlayGame, based in a region that *we* weren't interested in, perhaps?

/Shrug/ I'm disappointed, but the usual caveat applies: I hope it sells well so that PI will be able to make more games I AM interested in. meanwhile I have EU3-DW and soon HOI3-FTM to satisfy my needs. I was just hoping for something more CIV like, or something set pre-Rome.

Before HoI3 was announced I remember LOTS of people (Including me) asking for a CK Styled game in Japan of China... Now we get it and lots of people starts complaining? I'm looking forward to it! :)

My only complaint with the game is that the map seems to be rather small-scaled. The sengoku mod for EU3 had planned a huge map almost the size of the original EU3 one, whereas this one looks even smaller than the one in EU:Rome. Anyway, I know you can come up with yet another amazing game that will show the critics.

Actually, its a tad bit bigger than the Rome map.

Before HoI3 was announced I remember LOTS of people (Including me) asking for a CK Styled game in Japan of China... Now we get it and lots of people starts complaining? I'm looking forward to it! :)

Yep, it was a no-brainer.